Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 11:07 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times

Advertisements

Where have all the feminists gone? Dr. Michael Youssef - Guest Columnist - 10/13/2010 10:40:00 AM

[LEFT]I remember back in the late '60s or early '70s, Germaine Greer and many of her feminist cohorts used to appear on Australian television and "pile on" Christianity as an oppressor of women.[/LEFT]

[LEFT]Coming fresh out of the Middle East into the West and knowing how Christian women are lovingly treated in comparison to their Muslim counterparts, I wanted to scream at the television:[/LEFT]
[LEFT]Do these people understand that Jesus is the only true liberator of women?

Have they ever read the Bible?

Do they really know what it means to truly oppress women?

Are they so clueless they don't understand that Western civilization came into being because of the light of Christianity?[/LEFT]
[LEFT]But fast forward just a few decades later. Today you see Islamic ideology, with its emphasis on beating women into submission to men, openly and boldly broadcast through the media. Proclaiming that a woman is only equal to half of a man, Sharia courts are spreading (like Kudzu in July here in the South) in England, Europe, and the United States

Last edited by CaseyB; 10-15-2010 at 04:42 AM.. Reason: copyright
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2010, 11:13 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,707,917 times
you make a good point. I think the so-called 'feminists" are a bunch of frauds
It's like saying that the ACLU is for civil rights for white people.
The American feminist is only concerned about themselves.

Old 10-14-2010, 11:18 PM

767 posts, read 489,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
you make a good point. I think the so-called 'feminists" are a bunch of frauds
It's like saying that the ACLU is for civil rights for white people.
The ACLU defended the Nazi party. Do you like them now? Here is the link

ACLU History | American Civil Liberties Union

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
The American feminist is only concerned about themselves.
Gee, why aren't American feminists focused on some guy in Egypt? Why isn't the tea party concerned about taxes in Sweden, where they are very high? I guess the tea party are frauds, using your logic.

Old 10-14-2010, 11:25 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
They are too busy attacking Sarah Palin.

Old 10-14-2010, 11:25 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,707,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid2001 View Post
The ACLU defended the Nazi party. Do you like them now? Here is the link

ACLU History | American Civil Liberties Union

Gee, why aren't American feminists focused on some guy in Egypt? Why isn't the tea party concerned about taxes in Sweden, where they are very high? I guess the tea party are frauds, using your logic.
1. you must have mis-read my aclu comment.

2. yes, I was too harsh on the american feminist. what I mean is that the groups out there who always champion for womens rights are nowhere to be found on this issue.

Old 10-14-2010, 11:28 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,566,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Where have all the feminists gone?
The feminists are where they have always been, addressing issues facing women around the world, not involving themselves in knee-jerk Islamaphobia. Honor killings are barbaric, and those responsible should face severe penalties. Did you know there are approximately 5,000 honor killings a year worldwide, mainly Muslim. Shocking. Did you know there are over 8,000 Dowry Deaths a year worldwide, mainly Hindu. Shocking, and yet I never see a single post here about it, although I always bring it up in these threads, and there is dead silence. Nada. Where is the outrage about the Dowry Deaths, or "Burning Brides"? So while you all are lamenting the evils of Islam, of which there are many, feminists are actually addressing the issues facing Muslim women, and the very many other issues facing women of all faiths and beliefs around the world.

While we are talking about women and Islam you do realize that Muslim countries have produced seven, yes 7 heads of state, right?

Benazir Bhutto - Pakistan
Mame Madior Boye - Senegal
Tansu Ciller - Turkey
Kaqusha Jashari - Kosovo
Megawati Sukarnoptri - Indonesia
Khaleda Zia - Bangladesh
Sheikh Hasine - Bangladesh

And the US has had none.

Old 10-14-2010, 11:30 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
They are too busy attacking Sarah Palin.
She gives women a bad name.

Old 10-14-2010, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
She gives women a bad name.
To a liberal, I guess she does. Not wanting to kill her baby and all.

Old 10-14-2010, 11:35 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
To a liberal, I guess she does. Not wanting to kill her baby and all.

Not wanting to, or not doing so?

Old 10-14-2010, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Not wanting to, or not doing so?
Normal, loving, caring people don't kill their children. In fact, the thought never crosses our minds.

You have to be a nasty, selfish human being to kill your child.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies