Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2010, 07:06 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times

Advertisements

Pretty obvious he was avoiding the tough questions and the guy i the red jacket was much of a journalist really;more like a follower wanting to make brownie points.Can't take the heat get out of the kitchen.Another one running away from his Obama policy association.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2010, 07:13 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electron View Post
Channel 2 guy in the red jacket needs an ass whoopin.

Legally he will get one.

That is who is getting sued.

Old 10-16-2010, 07:49 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,597,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Legally he will get one...
No, the ass whipping will happen in the jail cell.

Old 10-16-2010, 09:16 PM

1,290 posts, read 2,568,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
No, the ass whipping will happen in the jail cell.
I hope the whoopin ain't all that his ass gets

Old 10-16-2010, 09:24 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,187,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Those media guys were more like Emanuel's Praetorian Guard. I've never seen such a more protective media with some of our politicans.
Which is why the press and the media in this country no longer functions as an institution for keeping government in check. The press so adulates upon high ranking political figures in order to gain coveted access. There was all but a brawl over who would get Helen Thomas's seat and anymore, the press serves little more than the PR wing of government.

"In the First Amendment, the Founding Fathers gave the free press the protection it must have to fulfill its essential role in our democracy. The press was to serve the governed, not the governors. The Government's power to censor the press was abolished so that the press would remain forever free to censure the Government. The press was protected so that it could bare the secrets of government and inform the people. Only a free and unrestrained press can effectively expose deception in government. And paramount among the responsibilities of a free press is the duty to prevent any part of the government from deceiving the people and sending them off to distant lands to die of foreign fevers and foreign shot and shell." - Justice Black

NYT v. US
403 US 713

Old 10-16-2010, 11:43 PM

767 posts, read 489,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post

Arrest Warrant Filed for CBS Reporter Jay Levine

Arrest Warrant Filed for CBS Reporter Jay Levine | Chicago Daily Observer
Rahm Emmanuel avoided the questions and should not be allowed to run for Mayor. That being said, the guy filing the charges is a wimp. I've had guys take swings at me and I didn't file a police report. I just took a swing back. Jesus, makes Chicagoans look like sissies.

Old 10-16-2010, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid2001 View Post
Rahm Emmanuel avoided the questions and should not be allowed to run for Mayor. That being said, the guy filing the charges is a wimp. I've had guys take swings at me and I didn't file a police report. I just took a swing back. Jesus, makes Chicagoans look like sissies.
We agree for once on the first statement.

Now the second statement I agree on somewhat,but you have to realize the "victim" is making a stand for a lot of people's good. He has balls. I support this guy all the way on many levels.

Old 10-16-2010, 11:47 PM

19,013 posts, read 14,188,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Which is why the press and the media in this country no longer functions as an institution for keeping government in check. The press so adulates upon high ranking political figures in order to gain coveted access. There was all but a brawl over who would get Helen Thomas's seat and anymore, the press serves little more than the PR wing of government.

"In the First Amendment, the Founding Fathers gave the free press the protection it must have to fulfill its essential role in our democracy. The press was to serve the governed, not the governors. The Government's power to censor the press was abolished so that the press would remain forever free to censure the Government. The press was protected so that it could bare the secrets of government and inform the people. Only a free and unrestrained press can effectively expose deception in government. And paramount among the responsibilities of a free press is the duty to prevent any part of the government from deceiving the people and sending them off to distant lands to die of foreign fevers and foreign shot and shell." - Justice Black

NYT v. US
403 US 713
Witness the world's greatest propaganda ministry...
With the appearance of private sector independence, it camouflages its allegiance to the power structure.
No one dares speak against it.

Old 10-16-2010, 11:51 PM

767 posts, read 489,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
We agree for once on the first statement.

Now the second statement I agree on somewhat,but you have to realize the "victim" is making a stand for a lot of people's good. He has balls. I support this guy all the way on many levels.
Guys who have balls never play the victim, especially if the case involves a verbal threat. Guys with balls would never run to the police and file a lawsuit over some comments made by a reporter. They would meet the guy in the parking lot and settle it man to man, not man to cops to courts. We've become a nation of wimps. Maybe this is feminism gone awry.

Old 10-16-2010, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid2001 View Post
Guys who have balls never play the victim...
If that is the case I guess Obama has no balls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-7XNfZDczs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies