Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2010, 11:55 PM

767 posts, read 489,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
If that is the case I guess Obama has no balls.
I wouldn't describe Obama as someone with big balls, but this isn't about Obama. Good job at hijacking however. The reporter in the video does not fit my description of someone with balls. I know guys from Chicago with balls, they'd chew this guy up in 5 seconds flat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2010, 12:01 AM

15,586 posts, read 27,604,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid2001 View Post
I wouldn't describe Obama as someone with big balls, but this isn't about Obama. Good job at hijacking however. The reporter in the video does not fit my description of someone with balls. I know guys from Chicago with balls, they'd chew this guy up in 5 seconds flat.
Why is it that two politicians that claim to be from Chicago (but really are not) think they have big balls? (Obama and Rahm)

Do they fall under the definition of posers?

Old 10-17-2010, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Why is it that two politicians that claim to be from Chicago (but really are not) think they have big balls? (Obama and Rahm)

Do they fall under the definition of posers?
Why is it that right wingers bring up Obama in every thread? Hijacking? Ah, go ahead, its a stupid thread to begin with., so who cares if it's hijacked.

Old 10-17-2010, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Why is it that right wingers bring up Obama in every thread? Hijacking? Ah, go ahead, its a stupid thread to begin with., so who cares if it's hijacked.
Obama was the easy target most people in this country know about. Do you prefer Daley? :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EJX8...eature=related

Old 10-17-2010, 12:30 AM

15,066 posts, read 8,627,795 times
Quote:
Whatsa matta with you ..no balls?

Old 10-17-2010, 12:31 AM

Quote:
The "mainstream" press in Chicago is not asking about Rahm's residency problem.
Wrong, again.

From an interview with the Chicago Sun Times and questions they asked him

" Q. Do you think questions about your residency will resolved in your favor?

A. The Board of Elections will resolve it. ... We should talk about the key issues and not use this as a smokescreen to avoid the key issues. ... This is old politics of trying to limit choices for the voters, rather than giving them choices. This is an old game and an old set of politics.

Q. Even if that's resolved, you're still someone who has spent the last decade in Washington.

Q. In the middle of the campaign, Rod Blagojevich will be retried. You're on tapes. You may be called as a witness. What can you tell voters about your dealings with Rod Blagojevich ?

Q. But, why were you wheeling and dealing about names anyway? Was that appropriate?

Q. In order to vote for someone, you have to like them. How do you like somebody who waves his middle finger at someone in a steam room?

Q. Your personality has been described as abrasive. How would you describe it?" "

Q&A with Rahm Emanuel: His first Chicago interview :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Election 2010 (http://www.suntimes.com/news/elections/2807920,CST-NWS-rahm17web.article - broken link)

Old 10-17-2010, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Wrong, again.

From an interview with the Chicago Sun Times and questions they asked him

" Q. Do you think questions about your residency will resolved in your favor?

A. The Board of Elections will resolve it. ... We should talk about the key issues and not use this as a smokescreen to avoid the key issues. ... This is old politics of trying to limit choices for the voters, rather than giving them choices. This is an old game and an old set of politics...

Q&A with Rahm Emanuel: His first Chicago interview :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Election 2010 (http://www.suntimes.com/news/elections/2807920,CST-NWS-rahm17web.article - broken link)
He completely avoided and evaded the question. A real reporter would have followed up and pressed him.

I did read this article when it came out and I do not know of any other press outlet asking him the question again and not letting him off easy.

Old 10-17-2010, 06:59 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,190,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Witness the world's greatest propaganda ministry...
With the appearance of private sector independence, it camouflages its allegiance to the power structure.
No one dares speak against it.
I don't know if you have seen the commercials for the new Time Life series, "The Nazi's" DVD history they are trying to peddle on the History channel and I think I've even seen them run on cable news stations. Well one of the first questions (in that oh so dramatic voice) they ask is, "How can an entire nation of people be brought to commit the more horrific of acts", or something to this effect. I can't help but think to myself, well duh... they had a press that when it wasn't overtly spewing Nazi propaganda, it was willingly doing it on its own and the small minority that objected was simply wiped from the pages of history.

Fast forward to today and the media may frame it as left vs right, but they so ham fistedly do it that its beyond obvious. The right says we need to stay the course because, but the left disagrees and says we need to stay the course because... No one in contemporary mainstream media bothers to ask, should we stay the course, unless it is at 4am on a 20 second segment. The conclusion is already in the premise.

Since a majority of Americans still get their information on world events via the TV, its the church of the Middle Ages, a post classical Oracle of Delphi, a propaganda dept of the White House (see operation Mockingbird) which since it has a negative connotation, we no longer say propaganda, we say, "public relations" PR. Meanwhile the mindless masses fawn over the stations of their choice in an epic battle royal of source wars as though they actually meant something.

Old 10-18-2010, 06:42 PM

19,020 posts, read 14,196,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Since a majority of Americans still get their information on world events via the TV, its the church of the Middle Ages, a post classical Oracle of Delphi, a propaganda dept of the White House (see operation Mockingbird) which since it has a negative connotation, we no longer say propaganda, we say, "public relations" PR. Meanwhile the mindless masses fawn over the stations of their choice in an epic battle royal of source wars as though they actually meant something.
There is a presumption that only "truth" may be broadcast upon the public airwaves.

But if you read law, you may discover that "truth" and "facts" can be diametrically opposed, or at the least, are half truths.

For your homework assignment, look up these terms in a legal reference, and note their differences:
[] inhabitant versus [] resident
[] domicile versus [] residence

I believe you will find enough evidence that will make you turn beet red if ever someone describes you as a "resident" residing at a residence.

For those unwilling to make the effort, here's the "sound bite" version:
An inhabitant has a domicile, a resident has a residence.
A domicile is defined as a permanent, legal home.
A residence is defined as "less than a domicile".
(!)
A "legal residence" is NOT a legal home. It's still "less than a domicile". It is legal speak for a transient location - you know - a bumstead.

Connect the dots... States require "residents" to get licenses (permission) before they can do just about anything... marry, drive, build a house, operate a business, own a dog, etc, etc.
But those same states exempt "non-residents".

Do not believe me - go read the law for yourself.

Old 10-18-2010, 06:50 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,748,514 times
Quote:
Guys who have balls never play the victim, especially if the case involves a verbal threat. Guys with balls would never run to the police and file a lawsuit over some comments made by a reporter. They would meet the guy in the parking lot and settle it man to man, not man to cops to courts. We've become a nation of wimps. Maybe this is feminism gone awry.

I think he did it to bring the issue attention. No one would be talking about this if a reporter wasn't arrested. Now they have some splainin to do.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies