Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 10:25 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
I wouldn't call screaming about taxes and "taking your country back" having a positive attitude, especially when those with this new found anger and energy were prefectly fine with the same thing four years ago. They accepted lies, cheats and the death of American soldiers with an oblivious smile on their faces. Now all of a sudden everything is an issue and the country needs to be taken back. I wouldn't call a bunch of frothing at the mouth, fear-mongers spreading lies positive. I also wouldn't call blocking progress by any means necessary "positive" either. Let's not forget about all the Conservatives who threatened to leave this great country if Obama got elected. Why are they still here?
Once again, you bring no facts. Why not change your user name to "pretentiousplease".

What do you call the past 6 years or so, when we stopped reelecting the liars, cheats and RINOs? At least we came to recognize the crony capitalists in the republican party, and are now trying to clean house. You guys still don't see the crony capitalists in your party, you still think the likes of Pelosi, Reid, Boxer and 0bama actually care about American people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2010, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Would your first paragraph be in conflict with your second paragraph?
No I do not. You are apparently missing something.

Old 10-18-2010, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
America is a work in progress. It will never be done. While I love my country, I find fault with it every day. The only way to improve any situation is to call attention to those areas needing improvement and then focus on collective solutions. The day I sit back and smell the roses will be the day I no longer love my country. I'd love to stop and relax, but there's too much to do.

What you consider a sad state of affairs is really your misunderstanding of how much these liberals actually love their country. If you're content to sit back and revel in the glory of the U S of A, then perhaps you've become too lazy to accept the responsibility for keeping it intact. It's a full-time job. And I personally will continue with the criticism of my country until it no longer requires it.
I think what he is referring to is that so many liberals only see the bad in America, and to actually recognize the good things about America would cause them to choke, and immediately spit out a qualifying "but" followed by more negative points about their country and its people.

Old 10-18-2010, 10:31 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,752,484 times
Quote:
Exactly! The GOP, tea partiers, and Conservative pundits have done nothing but complain for the past 21 months! What is up with that?
And then they have the nerve to say that the liberals and progressives "hate" America? Wow!

Old 10-18-2010, 10:36 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,138,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I think what he is referring to is that so many liberals only see the bad in America, and to actually recognize the good things about America would cause them to choke, and immediately spit out a qualifying "but" followed by more negative points about their country and its people.
Then he is deluded. Or perhaps liberals are astute enough to actually see the problems that conservatives overlook. Reading the other posts in this thread, and from my personal experience, it is the conservatives who rail on this country more than the liberals. But why get into a peeing contest? Complaining isn't solving. We need to unify and compromise.

Old 10-18-2010, 10:37 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,752,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
America is a work in progress. It will never be done. While I love my country, I find fault with it every day. The only way to improve any situation is to call attention to those areas needing improvement and then focus on collective solutions. The day I sit back and smell the roses will be the day I no longer love my country. I'd love to stop and relax, but there's too much to do.

What you consider a sad state of affairs is really your misunderstanding of how much these liberals actually love their country. If you're content to sit back and revel in the glory of the U S of A, then perhaps you've become too lazy to accept the responsibility for keeping it intact. It's a full-time job. And I personally will continue with the criticism of my country until it no longer requires it.
Which, if we are honest, we know will never happen. Because, no matter what we as a nation do, there will always be someone in the nation that disagrees with it. If there's no one that disagrees, then we will know that mind control has taken over.

Old 10-18-2010, 10:46 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,949,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Once again, you bring no facts. Why not change your user name to "pretentiousplease".

What do you call the past 6 years or so, when we stopped reelecting the liars, cheats and RINOs? At least we came to recognize the crony capitalists in the republican party, and are now trying to clean house. You guys still don't see the crony capitalists in your party, you still think the likes of Pelosi, Reid, Boxer and 0bama actually care about American people.

Like I said that has gotten old. By the way, there are many names that come to mind for you as well. You are entitled to your opinion, I am entitled to mine. Facts are something that are ignored when they don't benifit you. You have access to the same facts that I do and I could site facts to back up everything I said but why waste my time? You have access to the same facts that I do.

Last edited by Factsplease; 10-18-2010 at 10:57 AM..

Old 10-18-2010, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Exactly! The GOP, tea partiers, and Conservative pundits have done nothing but complain for the past 21 months! What is up with that?
It's called watching the expanding debt, and new laws and government policies chipping away at our freedoms and liberties, for decades, and then watching all those same things being accelerated by a multiple of four under 0bama, and doing all you can to halt it from continuing.

What is so wrong with the TEA party message?

• Do you think the $13.6 trillion debt is too high, and unhealthy?
  • Do you think to many government programs are run inefficiently, and are being overrun with fraud, waste and abuse?
  • Do you think we cannot sustain $1+ trillion deficits each year?
  • Do you think programs like the Patriot Act are chipping away at our rights and freedoms?
  • Do you think government is expanding too much, and taking over too much of our economy, and encroaching too far into our lives?

Do you agree with any of these points?

Old 10-18-2010, 10:53 AM

2,564 posts, read 1,596,343 times
The reason conservatives at my job don't talk is that they have no idea what the hell liberals are talking about.
When they did talk during Bush "heydays" , it was just jingoism.

Old 10-18-2010, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Like I said that has gotten old. By the way, there are many names that come to mind for you as well. You are entitled to your opinion, I am entitled to mine. Facts are something that are ignored when the don't benifit you. Why waste my time? You have access to the same facts that I do and I could site facts to back up everything I said but why waste my time? You have access to the same facts that I do.
Sorry, but back peddling will not work. you said

Quote:
They accepted lies, cheats and the death of American soldiers with an oblivious smile on their faces.
This is not simply an opinion, this is disgusting. You have no facts that any Americans were smiling at the deaths of our soldiers.

As i said, we have been refusing to reelect the politicians for the past decade, we were not silent and smiling while Bush ran up the debt and started expanding government. whatever Bush did that we did not agree with, 0bama has accelerated and expanded upon.

Plenty of us have been aware of what has been going on for a few decades. So drop this stupid idea that disagreeing with an expanding federal government and spiraling debt is something none of us were aware of until 2009.

Not every American pays attention to the world around them, too many of the Jerry Springer crowd were more informed about pop culture, then they were about what their government does. So, I'm sure there are more then a few who were not involved in politics, and finally did wake up in 2009. A $13 trillion debt and 10% unemployment can be a good wake up call. You can thank the Marxist-in-chief for waking up a lot of people to finally pay attention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies