Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 10:48 AM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaada View Post
then polygamy should be legalized too if that is the only reason your going on
As long as consenting adults are involved, it neither breaks my bones nor picks my pockets.

Old 10-18-2010, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
Perhaps they weren't. It would seem logical that a true Scotsman would be able to define what one is though. Instead of some ignorant Frenchman.
It takes a true Scotsman to define a true Scotsman? That's - well, it's a bit circular, innit?

Old 10-18-2010, 10:52 AM

1,530 posts, read 3,943,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
Yup, and if you don't want to participate, you don't have to. Obviously you have strong opinions just like the rest of us. Get used to it. It's not going away!
yeah and you need to get use to the fact that all these stupid threads are only posting the same crap over and over again and we are all argueing the same things over and over again, your not going to change anyones opinion here. waste of time really.

Old 10-18-2010, 10:57 AM

294 posts, read 351,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
rikensuire, that was an - interesting - peek into your mind. You should consider approaching the subject of relationships from an angle that isn't purely focused on carnal gratification.
It's symbolism. Everyone's a critic. It's a thread about sexual orientation, God forbid I bring the symbolism of marriage into the equation. I've heard that originally the middle finger was used, but after a few years of practical experience, women felt the now "ring finger" was a more realistic representation of potential expectations, for some it was the pinky.

Old 10-18-2010, 10:58 AM

Quote:
They weren't real Scotsmen...
"scots hate the scots for ruining scotland"- from the simpsons LOL

we need some humor

Old 10-18-2010, 11:34 AM

294 posts, read 351,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaada View Post
"scots hate the scots for ruining scotland"- from the simpsons LOL

we need some humor
I seem to remember someone with solutions for that predicament. The plan was doomed from the start. It was based on an argument raised by an Aussie who didn't care much for Jews, while working in Hollywood.

Old 10-18-2010, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikensquire View Post
I seem to remember someone with solutions for that predicament. The plan was doomed from the start. It was based on an argument raised by an Aussie who didn't care much for Jews, while working in Hollywood.
huh? it was a joke off the tv show the simpsons you know cartoon

Old 10-18-2010, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikensquire View Post
It's symbolism. Everyone's a critic. It's a thread about sexual orientation,
There are aspects of sexuality not directly linked to genitalia.

Old 10-18-2010, 11:46 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,616,340 times
Quote:
It takes a true Scotsman to define a true Scotsman? That's - well, it's a bit circular, innit?
You would let a Frenchman define it?

Old 10-18-2010, 11:51 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Where, may I ask, in the teachings of Gautama is homosexuality mentioned? In my years of studying various religions I have not found even one of the world's major religions that advocates homosexuality.
to my knowledge no religion advocates homosexuality, but in feudal japan, and other asian countries, there was no real taboo against homosexual sex. but homosexual marriage was not allowed back then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Learn some history.

Ancient Caananites were allowed to marry within the same sex.
Romans allowed same-sex marriages.
The Greeks allowed same-sex marriages.
17th century China and 19th century Africa allowed it.
Some Native American tribes allowed it.

So please don't make ignorant statements about it "always" being between a man and a woman, because you show that wonderful Texas education when you do.
traditionally marriage has been between a man and a woman, and yes there have been times when homosexual marriage was approved by the state, but those states had their downfall shortly after wards. for instance where is the roman empire today? or the greek empire? how are those caananites doing as a country? native americans rule what? china is still around though as is africa, but how about homosexual marriage there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies