Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 11:54 AM

294 posts, read 351,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
There are aspects of sexuality not directly linked to genitalia.
And that girl found that her popularity dwindled after the second date.

Old 10-18-2010, 11:56 AM

294 posts, read 351,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaada View Post
huh? it was a joke off the tv show the simpsons you know cartoon

Yogi?

Old 10-18-2010, 12:29 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,943,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikensquire View Post
Yogi?
lmao! that is so cute

Old 10-18-2010, 12:38 PM

2,605 posts, read 4,842,872 times
Eventually homosexual marriage will become legal everywhere in the western world. It will even be accepted by the majority of the population, but it will never be viewed as being the equivalent of heterosexual marriage because it simply isn't.

Old 10-18-2010, 12:51 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,220,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickasarbata View Post
So stop trying to claim it as your own and use that argument to argue why gay people should not be allowed to marry!

Marriage has been around a lot longer than Christianity! It isn't yours to control!

(I get so frustrated every time I hear Christian leaders talking about the "institution of marriage." You're defining the Christian idea of marriage. But it's not your institution to be the sole decision-makers of!)
who invented marriage then?

Old 10-18-2010, 01:50 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,681,868 times
I say end all marriage.. I see nothing that comes out of it.
I am confused what you can't love another person for the rest of your life and have to ask someone else to approve of it. Marriage is nothing more then legal issues and governments way of controlling who you love.

I can have children and still stay with the person and raise your kids. I find this marriage concept to be one-sided and nothing more then finding new ways to convert people to religions.

Old 10-24-2012, 05:05 PM

1 posts, read 698 times
Actually, the terms "man and wife" and "marriage" are found in the book of Genesis. Unions between men and women go back farther than recorded history. So technically, "Marriage" is a religious thing. A union on the other hand, has been around quite a while.. People say that "homophobes" are close-minded, however, the gay community can be as well. If you thought about for one moment why Christians would be upset by this, you could understand. Because Christians believe that marriage has been around since Adam and Eve (book of Genesis), they probably are offended that people are trying to make marriage into something it isn't. Talk to most people about getting something like a union instead of a marriage and they'd be way more okay with it.

PS: I have nothing against gays, lesbians, bisexuals, etc.

Old 10-24-2012, 05:11 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,003,249 times
This is a strawman thread - Christianity has never claimed to have an exclusive hold on marriage.

Marriage as an institution absolutely predates Christianity - it started when Adam united with Eve - and they became one flesh.

Old 10-24-2012, 05:15 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,003,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moarrr21 View Post
Talk to most people about getting something like a union instead of a marriage and they'd be way more okay with it.
Yep - I am always advocating for getting the government out of the marriage business and only enforcing civil contracts of committment - but the gay agenda strikes that idea down because it isn't about "equality" - it is about legitamizing homosexual sex and relationships - and getting their hands on all the "goodies" that are extended to married couples.

I say - lets get rid of the "goodies" for everyone - and let people enter into free will contracts - while reserving marriage for a religious ceremony - and protecting those bodies from having to marry anybody who does not subscribe to their moral view.

Old 10-24-2012, 05:16 PM

341 posts, read 641,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
But even then it was always between a man and woman. Believe what you want.
History of same-sex unions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

...and what is a problem if two people which love each other say: "Yes". We are ALL humans and special for Christians who cares about everybody (supposed)...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies