Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 07:40 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,310,529 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno Dweller View Post
It's mentioned in the Books of Matthew, Luke, and John in The New Testament, Jesus drove out the people who were selling goods in the Temple, and he said "This is my father's house, it was meant for worship, but you have turned it into a den of thieves!". If he saw two lesbians or homosexuals engaged in an act (even if it's just kissing) that would not be appropriate for children to see, he probably would not have asked them to leave, but he would have asked them to refrain from such acts.

Nobody's is preaching hate here, we're only asking those with such life styles to respect the rest of us who have kids and don't want to see that kind of behavior in public.
The mall is your temple?

Give unto God what is God's.

The Romans would have had no problem with lezzies on the forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2010, 07:55 PM

952 posts, read 941,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
The mall is your temple?

Give unto God what is God's.

The Romans would have had no problem with lezzies on the forum.

...or horses

perhaps we should do as the ancient Romans

Old 10-18-2010, 08:26 PM

5,007 posts, read 15,413,096 times
I find it truly astonishing that people who profess to believe in a religion that preaches love, tolerance, and understanding can be so unbelievably hateful towards anyone who doesn't conform to their exact idea of what people ought to be.

I knew coming in to this thread there would be ignorant people spouting off their message of hate and intolerance, but to see all these people using the Bible to back up their hate-mongering is disgusting. How can you claim to be a Christian and have such seething hatred towards other human beings for no reason at all?

If there is a God, he is humiliated and ashamed by what some people try and pull in his name. God didn't tell you to only love pretty white heterosexual people. He said to love everyone...period. If being gay is "wrong", and I find it very difficult to believe it is since gay people are born that way, then that's between them and God.

So your kid see two women kissing. Big damn deal. Every week you probably take her to church where she stares at a number of images of a man in pain nailed to wooden boards, or gets to hear stories about people being stoned to death or burned alive, or how, if they don't behave exactly like the ghost in the sky wants them to, they are going to burn in a lake of fire for all eternity, so be good and eat your vegetables.

You people make me sick. If you truly believed in God, then you wouldn't sit there and hate other people for no reason at all other than they are different from you.

Worthless hypocrites and liars.

Old 10-18-2010, 08:32 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,851,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
I find it truly astonishing that people who profess to believe in a religion that preaches love, tolerance, and understanding can be so unbelievably hateful towards anyone who doesn't conform to their exact idea of what people ought to be.

I knew coming in to this thread there would be ignorant people spouting off their message of hate and intolerance, but to see all these people using the Bible to back up their hate-mongering is disgusting. How can you claim to be a Christian and have such seething hatred towards other human beings for no reason at all?

If there is a God, he is humiliated and ashamed by what some people try and pull in his name. God didn't tell you to only love pretty white heterosexual people. He said to love everyone...period. If being gay is "wrong", and I find it very difficult to believe it is since gay people are born that way, then that's between them and God.

So your kid see two women kissing. Big damn deal. Every week you probably take her to church where she stares at a number of images of a man in pain nailed to wooden boards, or gets to hear stories about people being stoned to death or burned alive, or how, if they don't behave exactly like the ghost in the sky wants them to, they are going to burn in a lake of fire for all eternity, so be good and eat your vegetables.

You people make me sick. If you truly believed in God, then you wouldn't sit there and hate other people for no reason at all other than they are different from you.

Great post!

Old 10-18-2010, 09:23 PM

6,392 posts, read 5,164,273 times
Default hmmm

Quote:

1. I am not a Christian.

2. Having read the bible, G_d wasn't very tolerant. Does Sodom and Gomorrah have any meaning? Not very tolerant based upon MY understanding....

Old 10-18-2010, 09:27 PM

5,007 posts, read 15,413,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
1. I am not a Christian.

2. Having read the bible, G_d wasn't very tolerant. Does Sodom and Gomorrah have any meaning? Not very tolerant based upon MY understanding....
1) Not a Christian either.

2) Christianity is based on the belief that Jesus is the son of God, and worship of him. Jesus said to love everyone as if they were your neighbor. He didn't say "Only love the straight, rich white people."

Jesus made a particular effort to include anyone cast aside by society or on the outside of it. He didn't say feel free to discriminate in my name...he said love everyone. He said the kingdom of Heaven is open to anyone.

Old 10-18-2010, 09:55 PM

16,433 posts, read 22,184,213 times
Quote:
1) He said the kingdom of Heaven is open to anyone.
Yes. He also said repent of sin, and that no one would enter into God's Kingdom with the stain of unforgiven sin. A murderer can be saved but must repent of murder, a prostitute can be saved but must stop prostitution, and a homosexual can be saved, but must stop perverse sexual practices. Jesus loved all, even many that he knew would not be saved.

Last edited by Bideshi; 10-18-2010 at 10:14 PM..

Old 10-18-2010, 10:07 PM

21,611 posts, read 31,167,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Yeah right, thats just absolutly lame. Rosa was Black, she represents a race not a group of people with a mental disorder.
This post disgusts me.

Old 10-18-2010, 10:19 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,266,164 times
Quote:
The problem was not their sexual orientation, but their behavior, that was why they were asked to leave the mall. Two lesbians, or homosexual men hugging or kissing is not something I would want my young child to see in a public place like a mall.
Has he kicked out every het couple that showed signs of affection?
If not it was biased.

Old 10-18-2010, 10:23 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,266,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
What I expect or do not expect makes no difference. I responded to your comment made that other countries don't have a problems with an action. I simply pointed out the fallacy of that comparison. Nothing more, nothing less.
So you're arguing that people in Asian countries do not hold hands?
That's the statement that I made.
What you read into it is on you, not me.

Most hateros are shocked when they see it.

Quote:
This has nothing to do with public displays of affections, it happens enough with straight couples in plenty of public areas, we don't have to make it worse by turning a public mall into a place that might look like Sodom and Gomorrah, especially when young kids are around.
Do you comment on the fact that on TV there is very little normal affection shown? That a kid will see thousands of murders on TV by the time that they're 8? That women are shown as victims of violence numerous times daily?

Is violence okay but affection not?

What's the big deal with seeing love?
It also disgusts me when people "for the children" to promote their political agenda.
Be honest, it's not for the children, it's for you.

The hatred kids learn, they learn at home.

Last edited by chielgirl; 10-18-2010 at 10:40 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies