Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2010, 08:13 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,517,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaBMe View Post
I HAVE asked a psychologist and he said that with the exception of a very few, homosexuals are NOT born that way. It is the result of early molestation. The psychiatric diagnosis being removed was the result of political maneuvering. So now those needing and wanting help find it is not covered by their insurance.That is what I have been told by a PhD Psychologist. Sad.
What a ridiculous post....NONE of my gay friends(along with myself) were EVER molested as children....get yourself educated before posting misinformation!. I'm tired of posting links......
Official Statement Concerning Homosexuality from the American Psychological Association | CLGS

Gay Is Okay With APA (American Psychiatric Association) (http://www.soulforce.org/article/642 - broken link)

Sexual orientation, homosexuality and bisexuality

Your PSUEDO Psychologist friend does not agree with his colleague's consensus and should have his license revoked!.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2010, 08:21 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,987,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
What a ridiculous post....NONE of my gay friends(along with myself) were EVER molested as children....get yourself educated before posting misinformation!. I'm tired of posting links......
Official Statement Concerning Homosexuality from the American Psychological Association | CLGS

Gay Is Okay With APA (American Psychiatric Association) (http://www.soulforce.org/article/642 - broken link)

Sexual orientation, homosexuality and bisexuality

Your PSUEDO Psychologist friend does not agree with his colleague's consensus and should have his license revoked!.
Do you think that poster even realizes what he doesnt know?
Somehow, I rather doubt it.

Old 10-18-2010, 08:32 PM

1,372 posts, read 1,548,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I would go back and read your links, they are filled with "I think" and opinion, there is not one shread of evidence of a Homo gene, your stretching.
Animals lic their butts too, maybe you want to try it.
You can believe what you want I never try to force my belief on anyone but you and everybody else has no evidence what so ever that homosexuals are born that way.
Maybe you should read the links a little more carefully. They say more than once that there is no "homo gene" because like a lot of other human traits it takes more than one to create them. There are likely several or many genes that come together to produce this trait.

Second, I'll take the "opinion" of scientists and researchers that actually know what they are talking about over yours. Educated guesses hold more water than the inane ramblings of the immature.

Old 10-18-2010, 08:33 PM

4,009 posts, read 5,731,616 times
Quote:
I guess you don't believe in Darwin's fairy tale of evolution then. Any 'gay' gene or genes would be highly recessive and certain to be bread out as counter productive to the survival of the species. You can't have homosexuality being genetic and also be a Darwiniack. Chose.
Obviously, homosexuality is not counter productive to the survival of any species. It has existed in many species for a very long time. It would have nothing to do with Darwin's theory as you've stated.
Although, there are those who say that the only difference between a straight man and a gay man is a six pack of beer.

Old 10-18-2010, 08:41 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,346,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekester View Post
Maybe you should read the links a little more carefully. They say more than once that there is no "homo gene" because like a lot of other human traits it takes more than one to create them. There are likely several or many genes that come together to produce this trait.

Second, I'll take the "opinion" of scientists and researchers that actually know what they are talking about over yours. Educated guesses hold more water than the inane ramblings of the immature.
Not one single piece of evidence, try as hard as you can until I see absolute proof which will never happen I will believe as I do, show the proof if you must not theory and opinion. No need to start insulting, it only proves my beliefs.

Old 10-18-2010, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Not one single piece of evidence, try as hard as you can until I see absolute proof which will never happen I will believe as I do, show the proof if you must not theory and opinion. No need to start insulting, it only proves my beliefs.
The same thing can be said about the flip side of this debate.
Where is evidence of the "straight gene"?

Old 10-18-2010, 08:47 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,517,133 times
Quote:
I would go back and read your links, they are filled with "I think" and opinion, there is not one shread of evidence of a Homo gene, your stretching.
Animals lic their butts too, maybe you want to try it.
You can believe what you want I never try to force my belief on anyone but you and everybody else has no evidence what so ever that homosexuals are born that way.
You obviously cannot OR will not read the links I have posted...otherwise you would not respond with this gibberish and only the immature use insulting language such as yours and remain closed minded...

PLEASE list your level of educational attainment for your fellow posters.....I'm curious.....I have my Bachelor Of Science Degree from The Pennsylvania State University in Earth Sciences/Geography..

Old 10-18-2010, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
The same thing can be said about the flip side of this debate.
Where is evidence of the "straight gene"?
LOL now thats funny right there.

Old 10-18-2010, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
You obviously cannot OR will not read the links I have posted...otherwise you would not respond with this gibberish and only the immature use insulting language such as yours and remain closed minded...

PLEASE list your level of educational attainment for your fellow posters.....I'm curious.....I have my Bachelor Of Science Degree from The Pennsylvania State University in Earth Sciences/Geography..
Oh my you have a degree, your so smart and I'm so impressed you have a degree and no common sense, I read your links, there is not one shread of evidence you Homosexuals are born that way, it's theory and opinion, that degree didn't help you any.

Old 10-18-2010, 08:51 PM

Quote:
LOL now thats funny right there.
I wasnt trying to be amusing.
Do you still laugh at B&B jokes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies