Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2010, 01:23 AM

15,395 posts, read 22,521,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
More insults confirming the mental disorder theory.
LOL.....Look who's calling "the kettle black".......You're posts are most amusing....Keep them coming.....I'm writing a book of innane ramblings without a shred of evidence....Your posts are a featured segment. THANKYOU !!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2010, 01:29 AM

1,372 posts, read 1,548,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
It is the same in my family, the gay gene, if there is one, is on my Moms side. I remember reading somewhere once that women that produced gay children were also prolific in their production. My Mom had 7 with 3 miss carriages, my grandmother only had 4 because she did not like sex and was very prudish, her mother had 13 surviving children. From what I know of my Dads, which is only a little, there are no gays or lesbians that I have heard of.
Everything that you said here is backed up by all the latest science. It's all there in the links that I posted earlier. Basically, although they haven't sussed out the exact genes responsible they have determined that the trait is carried and passed along on the mother's side. This fact alone is a very strong indicator of genetic etiology.

Old 10-19-2010, 01:39 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,490,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
Obviously, homosexuality is not counter productive to the survival of any species. It has existed in many species for a very long time. It would have nothing to do with Darwin's theory as you've stated.
Although, there are those who say that the only difference between a straight man and a gay man is a six pack of beer.
Good one Kerby. I knew this devout gay man who had a son from a brief marriage to a woman he met at a party and had sex with when he got very drunk, it appears that a six pack erased any inhibitions he had. When I say devout, I mean flaming nelly leather queen bar hopper. I though am butch and very masculine and am often confused for a straight male, though it would have to be the end of civilization to make me have sex with a woman and I would only do it for procreation. I have not found a woman interested in sex for just procreation or a man for that reason either, recreation yes.

Old 10-19-2010, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Oh my you have a degree, your so smart and I'm so impressed you have a degree and no common sense, I read your links, there is not one shread of evidence you Homosexuals are born that way, it's theory and opinion, that degree didn't help you any.
You are always barking about wanting gays to come up with evidence that they were born gay. Well we have yet to see you come up with any solid proof that you were born heterosexual. All you have is your belief and that is all.

Old 10-19-2010, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I'm rather happy that there is no definative way to accurately mark who , what, when someone is gay. If there were, sooner or later there would be a government run certification process that issued a card either certifying you did or did not carry the markers that prove you are straight/gay. It Would be no different that yellow stars.
Or the pink triangle gays were forced to wear by the Nazis.

Old 10-19-2010, 05:13 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,649,845 times
Quote:
Oh my you have a degree, your so smart and I'm so impressed you have a degree and no common sense, I read your links, there is not one shread of evidence you Homosexuals are born that way, it's theory and opinion, that degree didn't help you any.
Wait...so you CHOSE to be straight? You had a choice somewhere and decided NOT to be gay?

I never had a choice, I was born straight...so I'm sure people could be born gay too.

Old 10-19-2010, 05:39 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,381,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
No, he did not choose it, nor was her born gay. He is gay because he failed at one of life's developmental stages "Identity vs Role Confusion". Erik Erikson Stages of Development
You've completely misunderstood and misapplied Erikson's Stages of Development.

This might clear it up for you:

Quote:
The exploration of a sexual identity occurs within the context of the "presumption of heterosexuality" (Herdt 1989) that exists in American culture. Heterosexual adolescents spend little or no time considering their sexual identity as anything but heterosexual. However, the same is not true for homosexual adolescents. In American culture the homosexual is often degraded and stigmatized. This cultural context makes forming a sexual identity for the homosexual adolescent more challenging than for the heterosexual adolescent.

Following the pattern of identity development in general, homosexual adolescents may experience a period of confusion and exploration before accepting and committing to their homosexual identity. Adolescents who do not complete this process may feel isolated and guilty. This can lead to increased drug and alcohol abuse or even suicidal thoughts (Mondimore 1996). Regardless of orientation, the development of a clear sexual identity is important for the transition to Erikson's early adulthood stage of intimacy versus isolation.
Read more: Identity Development - Aspects of Identity http://social.jrank.org/pages/322/Identity-Development.html#ixzz0kW2jFZDo

Edited to add: Erikson? There has been considerable research done in developmental psychology since Erikson (1950's). You might want to consider updating your knowledge. Here is one of the main textbooks currently used in University courses: Child Development. L. Berk 8th Edition

Last edited by Ceist; 10-19-2010 at 06:12 AM..

Old 10-19-2010, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Wrong. Nature's number 1 goal is SPECIES PRESERVATION. Do you know how to go about ensuring that? Yep, you guessed it. REPRODUCTION! Tell me one species on the planet that is not interested in reproduction and I will point out that same species on the extinct chart.
So how do you explain worker bees?
Worker bee - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
You appear to be confusing individual reproduction with species preservation.

Old 10-19-2010, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy.Rivers View Post
With the exception of Dr. Laura, I find it hard to believe that anyone with a PhD would tell you such.
You'll find a small cadre at NARTH (home of the discredited "pray away the gay reparative therapy" and also at the fake American College of Pediatricians, both fringe groups founded by religiously conservative practitioners for the sole purpose of spreading anti-homosexual propaganda by misrepresenting actual studies, presenting "junk science" like that of de-registered psychologist Paul Cameron and dredging up 100 year old Freudian theories.

NB: The real organization, The American Academy of Pediatricians has about 60,000 members. The fake splinter group - The American College of Pediatricians has about 60 members. George "Rentboy" Rekers is one of its founders. You know, the anti-gay activist who was caught going on a european holiday with a 19 year old male prostitute earlier this year?

Old 10-19-2010, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
Actually, I think that having sex with the same gender pretty much IS the definition of homosexual. (OK, technically, its WANTING to have sex with the same gender but actually having it voluntarily, implies wanting it)

I guess you don't believe in Darwin's fairy tale of evolution then. Any 'gay' gene or genes would be highly recessive and certain to be bread out as counter productive to the survival of the species. You can't have homosexuality being genetic and also be a Darwiniack. Chose.
Umm, just a suggestion, but you might also want to update your knowledge of evolutionary biology....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies