Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2010, 02:49 PM

15,617 posts, read 7,476,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgemo2 View Post
Hooray for the fruitfly gene! I was hoping that someone was going to bring it up!

If it WAS a choice, why would someone choose to be gay and willingly submit themselves to hate, fear, discrimination and other types of hardship?
Because the end justifies the means, to an end.

Last edited by Ellis Bell; 10-19-2010 at 02:52 PM.. Reason: inserted last three words.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2010, 02:49 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,583,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaBMe View Post
What does everyone think of this link that describes in great detail the political push to remove the diagnosis of Homosexuality from the DSM?

http://www.traditionalvalues.org/pdf...rbanLegend.pdf

Now, just in case you don't like the "traditional values" site, how about this book written by 2 Brilliant Homosexuals:

AFTER THE BALL: HOW AMERICA WILL CONQUER ITS FEAR AND HATRED OF GAYS in the 90'S by Marshall Kirk and Hunter Madsen, two Harvard Educated Intellectual Homosexuals. The book basically presents a clever plan of attack on the Heterosexual population in which the advertising media is used to "depict all opponents of the gay movement as homophobic bigots who are 'not Christian' and the propoganda can further show them as being criticized, hated and shunned...Our effect is achieved without reference to facts, logic or proof...the person's beliefs can be altered whether he is conscious of the attack or not." (pp152-153)

I see Kirk and Madsen's strategies used here on the boards a lot. Now, I don't want to see any person or group unjustifiably feared or hated; but I also don't like to be manipulated or tricked...and "facts," "logic" and "proof" should be relevant factors in any honest discourse or plan.
Your side is losing the battle. Education, science, and facts are winning.

Old 10-19-2010, 02:51 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,299,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Sure it does!

You said, there is not one shread of evidence you Homosexuals are born that way

And so the obvious conclusion is that you feel you had a choice, that you could have gone gay, but you consciously selected heterosexuality. Me--I never had a choice. I was born straight.
After reading the FACTS I'm at a total loss for words

Old 10-19-2010, 02:57 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,529,610 times
So...you're saying you CHOSE not to be gay? I didn't get a choice. That's just the way I was born.

Old 10-19-2010, 03:03 PM

15,617 posts, read 7,476,795 times
As for as I know scientist have not crossed human behavior into the gene pool.
Here is an article on the urgency to put this to rest.
Quote:
Genes and human behavior / personality / psychology | Globalchange.com | Genes, Future, Personality, Than
"My Genes Made Me Do It"

The Nuffield Council of Bioethics is asking all of us what to do if scientists find genes for homosexuality, shyness, intelligence, addiction, violence or any other behavior tendency.

The reason for urgency is that scientists are locked in a disturbing race, not just to match genes with disease, but also genes with every aspect of behavior. There are huge legal implications - what if we find a gene for criminality? Some say we already have. Some criminals on death row in America are already pleading bad genes as a defence against murder.

Old 10-19-2010, 03:04 PM

23,410 posts, read 36,852,429 times
Quote:
So...you're saying you CHOSE not to be gay? I didn't get a choice. That's just the way I was born.
Apparently thats what he is saying.......who knows?

Old 10-19-2010, 03:08 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,614,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Apparently thats what he is saying.......who knows?
I guess for some, the furtive experimentation behind the cheap seats at the HS football game was enough to convince them to stick with the opposite sex. Till then, the issue could have gone either way.

Old 10-19-2010, 03:10 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,299,424 times
Quote:
No your the one trying to put words in my mouth, if you want to think your born homosexual thats fine with me.

Old 10-19-2010, 03:17 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,614,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
No your the one trying to put words in my mouth, if you want to think your born homosexual thats fine with me.
I think I get it now. From your perspective, people who are hetro are born that way but people who are homosexual are made that way. Uh.....I think I got it......Uh.

Now if you could prove that theory you'd be doing something.

Old 10-19-2010, 03:19 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,050,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I think I get it now. From your perspective, people who are hetro are born that way but people who are homosexual are made that way. Uh.....I think I got it......Uh.

Now if you could prove that theory you'd be doing something.
Good luck with that. You're talking to the poster who 3 pages ago on this thread said:

"I don't need evidence to know the truth."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies