Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 01:53 PM

1,159 posts, read 1,834,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
I personally do not believe that people are "born" homosexual, it's just a feeling I have, I believe that there is a cause for homosexuality. If people are born gay, does that mean that pedophiles are born to be pedophiles? Does this also mean that people who are sexually attracted to their blood related members are born to have incest or are people born to be sexually attracted to animals or corpses? If people start thinking that, does this mean we'll have to accept people who molest children or people who have sex with animals? Right now those sexual thoughts except for homosexuality are considered to be mental disorders, sexual disorders and deviant. Homosexuality used to be considered sick and deviant as well, why isn't it anymore?

Give me an explanation as to WHY you think homosexuals are born homosexual and why you are so certain that people are born as homosexuals.
Were you born closed-minded and ignorant or did you learn it?

The reason why homosexuality is no longer considered sexual deviance is because as society we evlove and learn.

Did you take sociology courses? If so you might remember that left handed people were once thought to be evil and/or wrong and schools attempted to change them. We have evolved since then, and we are still evolving.

Last edited by Missy.Rivers; 10-18-2010 at 02:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2010, 01:53 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,417,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Is there proof that people are born heterosexual or made heterosexual?
yes there is proof for that. The number one goal of any living thing is to reproduce. You can't do that if you're not heterosexual. I'm not talking about asexual insects either.

Old 10-18-2010, 01:54 PM

23,410 posts, read 36,891,326 times
Jeez, could we start about 20 more threads on this subject?

Old 10-18-2010, 01:54 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,063,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
yes there is proof for that. The number one goal of any living thing is to reproduce. You can't do that if you're not heterosexual. I'm not talking about asexual insects either.
So where is your proof?

Old 10-18-2010, 01:55 PM

6,116 posts, read 12,521,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
If there is no scientific proof either way, then why bring it up on a political forum at all? Bottom line, what's your point?
x2. Who gives a ----?

Mind your own business and live your life.

Old 10-18-2010, 01:55 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,606,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Wrong. Propagation of the human species does not "prove" anything about sexual orientation. Nothing is nature is 100% absolute. Homosexuality has existed forever, as far as we know, and the human race has survived just fine.

Old 10-18-2010, 01:56 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,265,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
If there is no scientific proof either way, then why bring it up on a political forum at all? Bottom line, what's your point?
Read my post again, I am tired of seeing people using "Science" to try and win and arguement when "Science" does not exist in this instance.

Old 10-18-2010, 01:57 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,606,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Report it as a duplicate thread. I did.

Old 10-18-2010, 01:58 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,265,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Try reading my thread again, this isnt a pro-gay, anti-gay post. It is calling BS on people who claim "Science" to try and win an arguement when no "Science" exist!

Old 10-18-2010, 02:00 PM

2,409 posts, read 3,034,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Is there proof that people are born heterosexual or made heterosexual?
You're kidding right? It's one thing to patronize the poster but to say something so dumb is another. If human beings were not heterosexual from birth our species would die off. So yes there is PROOF people are born heterosexual. There is a reason why women have higher amounts of estrogen and men have higher amounts of testosterone. To distinguish between genders. Are you going to argue there really isn't much difference between a man and woman except what's between their legs?

Like someone else said does it really matter? I mean so what if homosexuals are born that way or it's a lifestyle choice due to years and years of sexual, verbal, abuse lack of a father figure etc. How would either change anything? Homosexuality has been around as long as mankind probably. The only thing that is changing is society's acceptance of it as normal. I can honestly say I've NEVER met a gay man or a gay woman personally who hasn't had some sort of traumatic childhood wrought with emotional, sexual, or physical abuse on some level. Most of us have to some degree and some haven't. I work with two gay guys............both come from very screwed up backgrounds. Sexual abuse.

I don't know I don't try to understand the whole homosexual issue. But what is society going to do? Quarantine gays? Who cares what causes it or why people are gay. They are human beings and should be treated as such. The are many more important things to worry about in the coming years for humanity than what two grown up adults do behind closed doors with each other. And hell the greatest testament to either argument is gay people having kids. If homosexuality is in fact psychological then all gay people's kids will grow up gay. If it is genetic then they wont. Time will tell right? And we can put an end to this nonsense and move on as a species maybe?

Ellen Degeneres would be just as annoying and idiotic if she was or wasn't gay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies