Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 06:44 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,707,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your.Decision View Post
McCain didn't exactly convince me that he knew a lot about foreign affairs, sorry. I wasn't keen on either candidate, but Obama was the lesser of two evils. Obama has at least got us out of Iraq, which is more than McCain would have done. That's a war that should never have happened in the first place, our troops will come home and even if Obama isn't re-elected, he'll at least have done some good. McCain would have stubbornly kept us in Iraq.

That's really all it boils down to. Aside from that, the president seems to be a lame duck and just a figurehead.

Well if he Mccain can't prove his bonafides to you I certainly can't. However an objective observer would conclude that Mccain's foreign policy experience far outstrips that of Obama.

By the way we are not out of Iraq and it appears the situation there is deteriorating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2010, 06:48 PM

242 posts, read 313,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Well if he Mccain can't prove his bonafides to you I certainly can't. However an objective observer would conclude that Mccain's foreign policy experience far outstrips that of Obama.

By the way we are not out of Iraq and it appears the situation there is deteriorating.
Indeed, we're not out yet, but we have a plan to be out, at least.

As for foreign policy, I give McCain props on experience, but Obama props on overall knowledge. Sadly, neither man should be #1 in the country. I guess we get the politicians we deserve.

Old 10-17-2010, 06:49 PM
Status: " You’re not getting another penny out of me" (set 9 days ago)

19,729 posts, read 20,534,949 times
It would probabally be the same as it is now, except the Dems would be the ones saying "We told you so"...
And it'll be the same thing after the next election. And the next after that. And that...etc...etc...

Old 10-17-2010, 06:56 PM

17,347 posts, read 9,171,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
We would be sending off the last of our youth to war with Iran.
Instead on an undeclared war on Pakistan and hit contracts on US citizens in Yemen? Are you paying any attention to what is actually happening in the Mid-East?

It doesn't matter "what would have happened if McCain won?" - he didn't win and elections have consequences.

History will write the pages of Iraq but today's news is that the insurgents are taking over again because the USA is "abandoning them".

Iraq has always been central to the Mid-East. November of 2008 threw Iraq under the bus - we will pay for that for generations, just as we now pay for the Iran decisions in the Carter years.

It is what it is. Dangerous times for all of us.

Old 10-17-2010, 06:57 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,707,565 times
Quote:
Indeed, we're not out yet, but we have a plan to be out, at least.

As for foreign policy, I give McCain props on experience, but Obama props on overall knowledge. Sadly, neither man should be #1 in the country. I guess we get the politicians we deserve.

LOL, Kennedy had a plan to get out of Viet Nam.

Your second point makes absolutley no sense.

Old 10-17-2010, 07:00 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,265,897 times
Even John McCain, a rhino who acts like a drunken Liberal would have done far better for America as a total.

Even McCain, who was a horrible choice ( a freebie tossed in so we can have the gift of Obama ) easily could and would have made far better decisions then this idiot we have now.

Anyone of the candidates on either side would have done better easily.

Old 10-17-2010, 07:09 PM
Status: " You’re not getting another penny out of me" (set 9 days ago)

19,729 posts, read 20,534,949 times
I think Mcain should run again in the next election.
Just to see "what if..." ha ha!

Old 10-17-2010, 07:17 PM

4,434 posts, read 6,959,615 times
Quote:
No.

We'd be stuck in Iraq for many more years and Sarah Palin would have been VP.

/end.
well US troops are still in Iraq. There are still 50 000 of them still there. It wont be over till the last US troops leave Iraq.

The US is continuing its drone strikes in Pakistan.

Last edited by other99; 10-17-2010 at 07:25 PM.. Reason: edit

Old 10-17-2010, 07:30 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,829,566 times
We'd be in much better shape overall just because a few million Obama supporters would have killed themselves after their hopes and dreams came crashing down due to his failure... basically what you see happening now but 1000 times faster.

Old 10-17-2010, 07:39 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,714,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
We would be marginally better of domestically and much better of internationally. WIth respec to how they would handle the economy, there isn't much difference between them. Mccain has a much better grasp of international affairs them Obama.
I remember McCain singing, "Bomb, bomb, bomb,....bomb, bomb, Iran," during the election.

That didn't impress me as a very wise way to discuss international affairs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies