Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 02:36 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,901,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Then they will come and take your job
No they won't. What would qualify a Federal worker to take Bow's job, if in fact s/he has one? Do we know what s/he does for a living? Still... a paraphrase, if you will: "They came for the Federal Workers and I said nothing, because I was not a Federal Worker...". America is fracturing along race, class and religious lines because of the present hardship of the class war with the elites. For the moment the level of aggresssion is limited to "they need to get rid of __________". It's when the level of aggression rises to "lets go and get rid of those dirty _________'s!" that you have the makings of a Civil War or a Genocide. There have been millions of American workers turned out into the cold of a North American winter. What's another million more. They won't be a serious threat to employed Americans by their numbers, they will be at serious risk of further mental and physical harm as the survivors guilt grows among the employed and they seek to remove completely the evidence of an underclass.

H
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2010, 05:44 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,512,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Then they will come and take your job

??? You mean I can put them to work, don't you.

I don't have a job, I create them.

Old 10-23-2010, 05:48 PM

2,564 posts, read 1,592,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I never hear the Republicans calling for pay increases for government employees during the "good times" when private sector employees are paid far more. Why should government employment be a vow of poverty and paid in glorious sunsets instead of cash and a decent retirement? In this economy the governments, Federal, State and Local, should be hiring more employees instead of cutting back. A decent paying government job is a better way of supporting the economy than short term infrastructure contracts.
Exactly! Another example of Republican shortsightedness with pennywise and pound foolishness.

Old 10-23-2010, 07:04 PM

247 posts, read 243,067 times
And if the government hired everyone that was unemployed we wouldn't have any unemployment!!!
Sound thinking!

Old 10-23-2010, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
??? You mean I can put them to work, don't you.

I don't have a job, I create them.
Ah... I see. You can't wait until you can pick up some literate, Christian, English speaking, Federal Workers at fire sale prices. "Get em while they're still alive folks. They speak English and they have alllll the fight taken out of them. They hate unions and they'll work overtime for nothing. What do I hear twenyonetwenytwotwenythree..."

Old 10-23-2010, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYBob View Post
And if the government hired everyone that was unemployed we wouldn't have any unemployment!!!
Sound thinking!
Sounds good to me... your point? Did or did not the government buy toxic assets from banks so that they would not have to be unemployed? What are the banks going to do with that money? Nada. Bail out an unemployed worker with a government job and see if s/he doesn't spend. And I mean spend. Maybe it's me but I don't see the return in giving people that have billions, billions. Why not give people that have nothing, millions? If I was running this dog and pony show I would already have had checks in the mail for each and every American citizen earning less than $150K to the tune of $10K per individual/20K per household. It would cost less than the bank bailout, auto bailout and stimulus combined. They have done nothing for Americans. Some cash in their pockets... no telling what that could have done. I think, however, that there would have been an effect.

H

Old 10-23-2010, 07:49 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,512,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Ah... I see. You can't wait until you can pick up some literate, Christian, English speaking, Federal Workers at fire sale prices. "Get em while they're still alive folks. They speak English and they have alllll the fight taken out of them. They hate unions and they'll work overtime for nothing. What do I hear twenyonetwenytwotwenythree..."

That's right. I don't have a job. I have fun and get rewarded for giving someone else an opportunity. I teach them to be my competition and be the best they can be, because that is what is going to set them apart. No one picks up your slack and inability, in the real world.

I teach them to be a leader, not a follower.

Some pick up fast and some are meant to be followers.

Old 10-24-2010, 05:05 AM

247 posts, read 243,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Sounds good to me... your point? Did or did not the government buy toxic assets from banks so that they would not have to be unemployed? What are the banks going to do with that money? Nada. Bail out an unemployed worker with a government job and see if s/he doesn't spend. And I mean spend. Maybe it's me but I don't see the return in giving people that have billions, billions. Why not give people that have nothing, millions? If I was running this dog and pony show I would already have had checks in the mail for each and every American citizen earning less than $150K to the tune of $10K per individual/20K per household. It would cost less than the bank bailout, auto bailout and stimulus combined. They have done nothing for Americans. Some cash in their pockets... no telling what that could have done. I think, however, that there would have been an effect.

H

Let's do some math. 15 million unemployed times $10,000. Maybe things have changed since I went to school but I think that comes to 150 trillion dollars. And that's just for the unemployed. Yeah let's do it!!

Old 10-24-2010, 05:24 AM

4,697 posts, read 6,435,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
Social security is not part of the pension. It is considered to be part of an income stream in retirement like everyone else but has no impact on whether someone qualifies for the full FERS pension.

Also, the 1% is the full pension. Retiring later to get more doesn't mean it isn't. They have a minimum age for full pension, and a minimum years of service for full pension. Those can be reached at 55/56/57.
You're wrong, but there's nothing I can say that would make you see the light. So be it.

For others who may be following the thread and persuaded by your arguments, I offer the following:
"FERS is a retirement plan that provides benefits from three different sources: a Basic Benefit Plan, Social Security, and the Thrift Savings Plan (TSP). Two of the three parts of FERS (Social Security and the TSP) can go with you to your next job if you leave the Federal Government before retirement. The Basic Benefit and Social Security parts of FERS require you to pay your share each pay period. Your agency withholds the cost of the Basic Benefit and Social Security from your pay as payroll deductions. Your agency pays its part too. Then, after you retire, you receive annuity payments each month for the rest of your life."
FERS Retirement

Old 10-24-2010, 08:02 AM
C.C

2,235 posts, read 2,360,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYBob View Post
Let's do some math. 15 million unemployed times $10,000. Maybe things have changed since I went to school but I think that comes to 150 trillion dollars. And that's just for the unemployed. Yeah let's do it!!
I guess things must have changed - when I went to school 10K x 15M was 150B. (Sorry - couldn't resist...)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies