Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2010, 01:06 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Data Guy View Post
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! That term is BS! Racism is racism. If you look up racism in the dictionary, the definition isn't "unfair treatment or hatred of non-whites/people of color". Anyone can be racist. Anyone can be a victim of racism.
I don't think that many would argue against these facts so I don't understand what your real issue/concern is on the subject.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2010, 11:09 AM

2,699 posts, read 2,411,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I don't think that many would argue against these facts so I don't understand what your real issue/concern is on the subject.
  • Why is racism synonymous with white people? (Question answered in thread)
  • Does political correctness exist only to demonize and keep whites down while raising everyone else on a pedestal? It's "okay" to offend whites, but God forbid whites offend anyone else.
  • Why are blacks, Hispanics, and Asians allowed to have pride, but white pride is "racist"? Even if it's not a neo-Nazi, a European American saying that he or she is proud to be white will probably get dirty looks.
  • How come minorities can get scholarships but whites can't? Minorities get scholarships for the color of their skin. In my mind, that's discrimination.
  • Why does affirmative action exist? People should get jobs based on their work ethic and performance, not their skin color.
  • How come Europe allows massive amounts of non-Europeans into their homelands? Multiculturalism will eventually destroy Europe. For example, Japan is over 98% ethnically Japanese. If the Japanese were only 10-30% of Japan's population, would Japan be Japan anymore? It would be enshrouded with foreigners, foreign cultures, and foreign languages. If a European tries to defend their country, continent, and homeland, guess what they're called? "Racist!" "Nazi!" "Bigot!" Why are they being held down from defending their own civilization?
  • How does so-called "diversity" enrich whites?
  • How come "diversity" means "less white people"? Europe's indigenous populations are full of diverse ethnic groups, languages, cultures, and history. I know that European Americans are assimilated into American culture, but they are not an ethnically homogeneous group. In other words, they are not all the same. A town could be 95% white, but that town could have lots of German, Scandinavian, English, Scottish, Welsh, Irish, French, and Italian populations. That is ethnic diversity.
  • How come minorities are allowed their own history months but whites are not? Don't tell me that all the months that aren't history months for minority groups are white history months, because they are not. They don't celebrate the achievements and culture of Europeans and European Americans.
  • Why is it that at least half the people reading this will probably think of me as a racist?
  • Why will I get flamed for making this post? For defending my own race?
  • What is so wrong with defending one's race, culture, or homeland? As long as you're not advocating the destruction of other civilizations and cultures, what's the harm?
Just because I ask these questions doesn't mean that I hate anyone who isn't of European descent. And if you're wondering, no, I don't have an account on Stormfront.

However, I admit being a little afraid of posting this because of how some people are going to flame me.

I think I'll just ignore them all.

City Data Guy

Old 10-21-2010, 11:13 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
  • Does political correctness exist only to demonize and keep whites down while raising everyone else on a pedestal? It's "okay" to offend whites, but God forbid whites offend anyone else.
  • Why are blacks, Hispanics, and Asians allowed to have pride, but white pride is "racist"? Even if it's not a neo-Nazi, a European American saying that he or she is proud to be white will probably get dirty looks.
  • How come minorities can get scholarships but whites can't? Minorities get scholarships for the color of their skin. In my mind, that's discrimination.
  • Why does affirmative action exist? People should get jobs based on their work ethic and performance, not their skin color.
  • How come Europe allows massive amounts of non-Europeans into their homelands? Multiculturalism will eventually destroy Europe. For example, Japan is over 98% ethnically Japanese. If the Japanese were only 10-30% of Japan's population, would Japan be Japan anymore? It would be enshrouded with foreigners, foreign cultures, and foreign languages. If a European tries to defend their country, continent, and homeland, guess what they're called? "Racist!" "Nazi!" "Bigot!" Why are they being held down from defending their own civilization?
  • How come "diversity" means "less white people"? Europe's indigenous populations are full of diverse ethnic groups, languages, cultures, and history. I know that European Americans are assimilated into American culture, but they are not an ethnically homogeneous group. In other words, they are not all the same. A town could be 95% white, but that town could have lots of German, Scandinavian, English, Scottish, Welsh, Irish, French, and Italian populations. That is ethnic diversity.
  • How come minorities are allowed their own history months but whites are not? Don't tell me that all the months that aren't history months for minority groups are white history months, because they are not. They don't celebrate the achievements and culture of Europeans and European Americans.
  • Why is it that at least half the people reading this will probably think of me as a racist?
  • What is so wrong with defending one's race, culture, or homeland? As long as you're not advocating the destruction of other civilizations and cultures, what's the harm?
Just because I ask these questions doesn't mean that I hate anyone who isn't of European descent. And if you're wondering, no, I don't have an account on Stormfront.

However, I admit being a little afraid of posting this because of how some people are going to flame me.

City Data Guy
Nah, you don't have an account on Stormfront. You just recite their same old tired idiotic boilerplate.

Old 10-21-2010, 12:45 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
Politically correctness is a way of saying don't be racist or homophobic out loud.

Old 10-21-2010, 01:03 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,868,096 times
theblogprof: Des Moines Police Covering Up "Beat Whitey Night " at the Iowa State Fair

I guess there are some that believe racism only goes one way. This police officer got demoted for telling the truth.

Old 10-21-2010, 01:05 PM

871 posts, read 1,631,113 times
Quote:

City Data Guy
first, racism has no single race. that's already a given but there are some problems with your points.

whites can and do get scholarships. whether some scholarships are based on race, that's up to individual and private scholarships.

whites can have pride, but it's what whites call pride was usually related to racism. maybe today, that is changing.

no one considers diversity 'less white people', that's american culture.

whites didn't need history month in their predominant culture and country, that's why there was 'history' month for other races, specifically african. but now, there is more races incuded. as whites become less dominant, they may also get a history month.

there is nothing wrong with defending one's culture or homeland, it's just that whites for the past few centuries have been involved and dictating in everyone else's culture so they are wary about the sincerity.

it takes time to work things out.

Old 10-21-2010, 01:30 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:

City Data Guy
The arguments that are used to justify nonsense must be shattered. It really is sad that some are too lazy to find resources on their on yet continue to perpetuate the false myths.

Scholarships for White People

Scholarships that Target White Ethnicities -- Diversity is also White

Irish American Scholarships

German-American Society Scholarship - NextStudent's Scholarship Search Engine

Polish Scholarship Fund, Inc. - Links

The Russian American Foundation

Scholarship Program | Saint Andrews Society

White Heritage Months

October is Italian Heritage Month

October - Polish American Heritage Month

IRISH AMERICAN HERITAGE

German American Heritage Month

Old 10-21-2010, 01:33 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,829,350 times
city data guy is suspect, maybe there would not be all what he is complaining about if it wasnt for your grandparents and so forth

Old 10-21-2010, 01:40 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,301,747 times
Quote:
[list]

[*]Why are blacks, Hispanics, and Asians allowed to have pride, but white pride is "racist"? Even if it's not a neo-Nazi, a European American saying that he or she is proud to be white will probably get dirty looks.

City Data Guy

I see plenty of Italian-Americans, Irish Americans, Polish-Americans, German-Americnas, Russian-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans etc. having pride in the cutlures of their respective countries of origin.

So can you explain to me what exactly is the point on having "White Pride"?

Old 10-21-2010, 01:59 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
That is a load of crap. Racism exists in many forms, and Racism is a form of hatred for another group. There are many in each Culture who hate and have racism for another group based on hatred, and by thinking that their race is supreme. Racism is also a sign of ignorance, this is 2010 and we need to get over these kinds of issues. And instead of putting them out there and trying to get a reaction, if you truly feel this way, then by all means do something about Racism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies