Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 07:12 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,700,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykibs View Post
They can be kicked out if anyone finds out that they're gay. Therefore, they can be kicked out for being gay. If there was someone who doesn't *act* remotely gay, but who is gay, they can still be kicked out of the military. It has nothing to do with acting.

All of your comments on this issue contain no substance or validity. You are not speaking out of fact or reason. Only anti-gay bigotry. You just don't like gay people.
you can't kick someone out just based on a hunch. There has to be some sort of evidence... The military does not kick someone out just because sergeant Joe said that they are gay. The gay person can always plead the 5th.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2010, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
The soldier cannot on his own free time engage in any type of man on man love. And if other soldiers find out that he might be gay there can be a witch hunt. A witch hunt is a waste of time. Get it?

yes, witch hunts are a waste of time. man on man love will get you kicked out. That would be "acting gay" got it

Old 10-20-2010, 07:33 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,479,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
I should be thankful? Are you currently serving? Have you ever served?
And yes, maybe we should bring back the draft. Maybe the realities of war will hit home with more Americans if they feel it first hand and not just through the media. I've been serving for 20 yrs
Surprise my male mate served 8 years in the Army during Vietnam.......I suspect you have only served 20 years worth of lemonade to Nurses.......since any good soldier could care less about sexuality.....he/she only expects the unit to function well together and defend one another during battle....obviously you are not a good candidate for unit cohesiveness with your OBSESSION with gays.....

So far I have counted 19 posts of yours out of a total of 63....approximately 30% and you did NOT even start the thread(and I see there will be even more) ...you'd think gays would post the most in these threads?????. But then just like those who scream the loudest......also post the most!.

Top 10 Anti-Gay Politicians Caught Being Gay: Anti-Gay Activists Out of The Closet | Ranker - A World of Lists .

Old 10-20-2010, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
Surprise my male mate served 8 years in the Army during Vietnam.......I suspect you have only served 20 years worth of lemonade to Nurses.......since any good soldier could care less about sexuality.....he/she only expects the unit to function well together and defend one another during battle....obviously you are not a good candidate for unit cohesiveness with your OBSESSION with gays.....

So far I have counted 14 posts of yours(and I see there are even more) in this thread...you'd think gays would post the most in these threads?????. But then just like those who scream the loudest......also post the most!.

Top 10 Anti-Gay Politicians Caught Being Gay: Anti-Gay Activists Out of The Closet | Ranker - A World of Lists .
yes, I have posted many messages about gays in the military. I post because I want to express my opinions about the subject. If you were keeping up with todays military then you would know that we are serving more than lemonade. I joined during Desert Storm when nobody knew what to expect. At that time we hadn't been to war since Vietnam.
I'm not obsessed with gays at all... I don't care about gays. I just don't want them shoving their immoral lifestyle in down my throat

Old 10-20-2010, 07:58 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,713,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Military recruiters told to accept gay applicants - U.S. news - Life - Military - msnbc.com

Watching the death of Don't Ask Don't Tell is like watching a roach die a slow, agonizing death after it's been sprayed with Raid.
I agree. Put it out misery and STOMP on it!

Old 10-20-2010, 08:11 PM

1,490 posts, read 5,974,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Actually, Lawrence v. Texas did in fact decriminalize consensual sodomy in the military (forceable sodomy, fraternization involving sodomy, etc. are still illegal in the military). See United States v. Kenneth M. Bullock (US Army Court of Criminal Appeals).

Very interesting. They did make it very difficult to enforce Art 125 but they have not removed it from the UCMJ. I retired in 2008 and had not heard of that case.

Old 10-20-2010, 08:35 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,479,994 times
Quote:
yes, I have posted many messages about gays in the military. I post because I want to express my opinions about the subject. If you were keeping up with todays military then you would know that we are serving more than lemonade. I joined during Desert Storm when nobody knew what to expect. At that time we hadn't been to war since Vietnam.
I'm not obsessed with gays at all... I don't care about gays. I just don't want them shoving their immoral lifestyle in down my throat
I meant YOU are serving lemonade...I thought I made that clear! Your post(s) is/(are) ignorant/offensive and immature....You can state your opinions as an ADULT; WITHOUT all the childish adjectives...innuendos and name calling; when a poster resorts to name calling etc.....it means one of two things: Either they cannot post in an intellectual/mature manner because they have nothing of substance to add to the thread AND/OR the topic has their panties in a twist.....in your case I assume it is BOTH.

Here....I'll post a song for you.......Don't bother dissing it; since it is MEANT to poke fun at gays as well as heterosexuals and religion too..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j4t185wl-0 .

Old 10-20-2010, 08:48 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,394,315 times
Quote:
No, it is a appeasement to the gay rights groups. next up is gay football
I'm sure most new gay recruits will try out for QB. It is no wonder that more teams are snapping from a shotgun formation.
Brings a whole new meaning to Green Bay Packers
How childish. But it does remind me of the retired NFL vet who came out of the closet: everybdy thought he was a tight end, but he turned out to be a wide receiver.

Old 10-20-2010, 08:51 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,806,587 times
I wonder why the Obama administration say they are "pro-gay" and then want a federal injunction to stop gays from joining the military... its weird... We are only "pro-gay" to get the gay vote?? Wouldn't surprise me with liberals, they will do just about anything...

Old 10-20-2010, 09:04 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,875,707 times
So Obama wants to appeal. How many times has he flip flopped on the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I wonder why the Obama administration say they are "pro-gay" and then want a federal injunction to stop gays from joining the military... its weird... We are only "pro-gay" to get the gay vote?? Wouldn't surprise me with liberals, they will do just about anything...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies