Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 11:46 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times

Advertisements

Why should the U.S. taxpayer have to pay for an FBI investigation into a cat fight?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2010, 11:50 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Why should the U.S. taxpayer have to pay for an FBI investigation into a cat fight?
Why did this Tea Party matriarch pick a fight over the 20 year old indisgressions of her husband?

Old 10-20-2010, 11:53 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
The article I read about this said Anita Hill initially thought it was a prank call and alerted the campus police, who investigated and found it really was Virginia Thomas.

Something IS weird about her making such a call at 6:30. I mean, was she up mulling over this all night, or did she just get up one fine morning 19 years later, sit there stirring her coffee and say, "Today I'm going to leave a message for that hussy." The behavior is a little bizarre.

Bizzare and very stalkerish....I mean she had to probably search for Anita Hill's phone number. She was probably up all night googling the hell out of Anita Hill.

What an embarassment she is to her husband.

Old 10-20-2010, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Why did this Tea Party matriarch pick a fight over the 20 year old indisgressions of her husband?
If she promotes the tea party, she's obviously a dum dum.

Clarence would have to have married her for her . . . ?

"Love is blind, they say; sex is impervious to reason and mocks the power of all philosophers. But, in fact, a person's sexual choice is the result and sum of their fundamental convictions. Tell me what a person finds sexually attractive and I will tell you their entire philosophy of life. Show me the person they sleep with and I will tell you their valuation of themselves. No matter what corruption they're taught about the virtue of selflessness, sex is the most profoundly selfish of all acts, an act which they cannot perform for any motive but their own enjoyment - just try to think of performing it in a spirit of selfless charity! - an act which is not possible in self-abasement, only in self-exultation, only on the confidence of being desired and being worthy of desire. It is an act that forces them to stand naked in spirit, as well as in body, and accept their real ego as their standard of value. They will always be attracted to the person who reflects their deepest vision of themselves, the person whose surrender permits them to experience - or to fake - a sense of self-esteem .. Love is our response to our highest values - and can be nothing else."
— Ayn Rand

Old 10-20-2010, 12:03 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,015,211 times
Quote:
The article I read about this said Anita Hill initially thought it was a prank call and alerted the campus police, who investigated and found it really was Virginia Thomas.

Something IS weird about her making such a call at 6:30. I mean, was she up mulling over this all night, or did she just get up one fine morning 19 years later, sit there stirring her coffee and say, "Today I'm going to leave a message for that hussy." The behavior is a little bizarre.
Or could it be...it was Pre Planned
I find the timing suspect. More of an attempt to get
conservative blacks to vote Republican in the next
coming weeks.

Ginnie is a Republican - wanting to jolt the memory that is was a Republican President who nominated a Black Man to the Supreme Court, with a reminder to the blacks - it was the democrats who tried to set Thomas up, and don't forget: Black Conservatives united over the issue back then, which took a respectful look at that phenomenon so puzzling to liberals:

Clarence Thomas

Polls consistently show that on numerous social issues like crime, abortion and prayer in schools, blacks hold largely conservative views.

Old 10-20-2010, 12:04 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,015,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
If she promotes the tea party, she's obviously a dum dum.

Clarence would have to have married her for her . . . ?

"Love is blind, they say; sex is impervious to reason and mocks the power of all philosophers. But, in fact, a person's sexual choice is the result and sum of their fundamental convictions. Tell me what a person finds sexually attractive and I will tell you their entire philosophy of life. Show me the person they sleep with and I will tell you their valuation of themselves. No matter what corruption they're taught about the virtue of selflessness, sex is the most profoundly selfish of all acts, an act which they cannot perform for any motive but their own enjoyment - just try to think of performing it in a spirit of selfless charity! - an act which is not possible in self-abasement, only in self-exultation, only on the confidence of being desired and being worthy of desire. It is an act that forces them to stand naked in spirit, as well as in body, and accept their real ego as their standard of value. They will always be attracted to the person who reflects their deepest vision of themselves, the person whose surrender permits them to experience - or to fake - a sense of self-esteem .. Love is our response to our highest values - and can be nothing else."
— Ayn Rand
Profound, but I guess Ayn never had a sugar daddy

Old 10-20-2010, 12:06 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,111 times
Virgina must be off her meds.

Old 10-20-2010, 12:06 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:

It seems like they've both been stewing about it lo these many years. As per the NYT, Justice Thomas referred to Ms Hill thusly:

"Justice Thomas weighed in with his own autobiography in 2007, “My Grandfather’s Son, ” referring to Ms. Hill as “my most traitorous adversary” and asserting that liberal advocacy groups stooped to “the age-old blunt instrument of accusing a black man of sexual misconduct” to block his ascent because of his conservative views."

Seems a tad personal - perhaps a bit of unresolved feelings lingering on and on and on...
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/20/us...thomas.html?hp

Although, some are suggesting that it is just a publicity ploy on the part of Mrs. Thomas - an attempt to gain a bit of traction for her causes right before the election. Whatever the reason, it sure has gotten people talking

Old 10-20-2010, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Profound, but I guess Ayn never had a sugar daddy
Sugar mommy!

Corporatism incarnate - wish white rich?

Refined sugar - no nutrients.

Character vs Anti-Character.

More evidence of strangelet activity.

Old 10-20-2010, 12:17 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,428,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Could there be more allegations of past sexual harassment coming out in McEwen's memoir?

Quote:
Lillian McEwen, a former Senate Judiciary Committee lawyer who said she dated Clarence Thomas from 1979 through the mid-1980s, told The Washington Post in an interview that Hill's long-ago description of Thomas's behavior resonated with her. "The Clarence I know was certainly capable not only of doing the things that Anita Hill said he did, but it would be totally consistent with the way he lived his personal life then," said McEwen, who is writing her own memoir but has never before publicly discussed her relationship with Clarence Thomas.McEwen also told the Post she was not surprised that Virginia Thomas would leave Hill a message, even after all these years.
washingtonpost.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies