Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 10:55 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
She's a soldier and you don't apparently have direct knowledge of what that means. Your ignorance does not equate to disingenuous or intellectual dishonesty on my part.
I don't. Why don't you tell me?

Quote:
Again, is she qualified or not? Don't blame this on her being a helpless female BS. She had training or not? She's competent soldier or not? He should be missing a knee cap at very least.
Qualified for what? What's her MOS? Is she an infantrywoman? A cook? A musician? A librarian? An MP? You can't tell me that just because a woman is a military reservist, she can resist assaults by any garden variety male. If that were the case, the military would not be full of cases of female soldiers filing complaints of assault and worse by male soldiers. Right?

And what the hell does this have to do with her being assaulted and her assailant being sent to prison? A crime occurred. Period.

Quote:
Speaking of disingenuous don't bother trolling around for sympathy for blacks if you're unwilling to recognize humanity as entirely colorless.

If I had any inkling whatsoever of what you are trying to say, maybe I could actually respond......................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2010, 10:56 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,461,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
The trial of the Georgia redneck has started and this has all the racial drama that the Rodney King trial had. A redneck delivers a vicious beat down to a black woman in front of her young daughter at the local Cracker Barrel. He is charged with felonies and could do serious jail time if convicted. The trial started today with 9 whites and 3 blacks on the jury. One of the local black radio stations (WAOK) is broadcasting live from the courthouse. We already know what is going to happen if the redneck is convicted. But if he is found not guilty......???????

Cracker Barrel beating case goes before a jury *| ajc.com
He's going to have a tough time in jail I'd imagine.

Old 10-20-2010, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
He's going to have a tough time in jail I'd imagine.
Hope so.

Old 10-20-2010, 11:01 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,111 times
Quote:
Which should mean Judge Judy won't press charges when she get the crack upside the head she deserves with her disrespectful attitude?

I don't know the details of this case but I sense both adults are guilty to one degree or another. Clearly the man raising this to physical assault is in the wrong to larger degree but there's a huge fill in the blank... whatever provocative posturing this woman did to escalate the situation isn't an example for her daughter anymore than this mans conduct is an example of manhood.
Quote:
I'm a female vet wondering why a female army reservist can't manage to fend for herself one on one. Seems her training is severely lacking.

Really???

Did you even attempt to find out what really happened before you decided to pass judgement?

Quote:
"The man slung open the door pretty hard and fast and I had to push my daughter out of the way. I turned to the man and I just said, 'Excuse me sir, you need to watch yourself you almost hit my daughter in the face.' And from there it just went downhill," said Hill.

At that point, West became enraged and began to beat the victim in front of her 7-year-old daughter, according to police. Hill said she told West she was an Army servicemember and she did not want any trouble.

West threw her to the ground and hit her in the head with his fists and feet, police said. During the exchange, witnesses said West could be heard screaming racial slurs at the victim.

"Then he punched me in my face," said Hill. "And I fell to the ground and he proceeded to punch in my head and face."

Many witnesses stepped up to assist police in the investigation by providing written statements as to the events that transpired. Cracker Barrel was also helpful to police in this investigation, Morrow police said.
Cracker Barrel Beating May Be Hate Crime - News Story - WSB Atlanta

How did she provoke him? Did she get too uppity by asking him to be careful or not allowing him to hit her daughter in the face with the door without saying anything?

Maybe you would feel differently if a man randomly caught you off guard and beat the $*!t out of you. Being a vet doesn't make you invinsible. Perhaps not fighting back was the better choice. If she fought back, the beating could've turned into a murder. Men are physically stronger than woman, I doubt that her fighing back would've had a better out come for her or her daughter.

Old 10-20-2010, 11:15 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,776,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I don't. Why don't you tell me?

Quote:
Qualified for what? What's her MOS? Is she an infantrywoman? A cook? A musician? A librarian? An MP? You can't tell me that just because a woman is a military reservist, she can resist assaults by any garden variety male.
Listen to yourself for a change. Out of one side of your mouth you're feigning ignorance and out of the other side of your mouth you're unwilling to get the education you're requesting. Being a soldier means just that regardless of rating.
Quote:
If that were the case, the military would not be full of cases of female soldiers filing complaints of assault and worse by male soldiers. Right?
That's news to me. Not many females get assaulted by colleagues in military or in civilian life. Where are you getting your information from?

Quote:
And what the hell does this have to do with her being assaulted and her assailant being sent to prison? A crime occurred. Period.
Because making her out to be a helpless female is as big a lie as making her out to be a hot head in a courtroom.

Old 10-20-2010, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Listen to yourself for a change. Out of one side of your mouth you're feigning ignorance and out of the other side of your mouth you're unwilling to get the education you're requesting. Being a soldier means just that regardless of rating.
That's news to me. Not many females get assaulted by colleagues in military or in civilian life. Where are you getting your information from?

Because making her out to be a helpless female is as big a lie as making her out to be a hot head in a courtroom.
I never said she was helpless. But it is obvious that you are trying to negate this woman's experience of being assaulted by a man by trying to insinuate that she should have been able to defend herself against this maniac.

Do you believe that men should be allowed to assault women, and if they can't prevent it, it's their fault? Do you feel the same way about rape? Do you think you would be so quick to blame her if she had been white and her assailant black?

Old 10-21-2010, 12:28 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,776,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Really???

Did you even attempt to find out what really happened before you decided to pass judgement?
I didn't pass judgement or judgment. You just did with your own presumption. Look back at my posts in this thread and you'll see me admit there are gaping holes going on in the story. I'm not etching in stone what those missing facts are but I'm forced to speculate thanks to shoddy reporting. Nowhere does it explain what made this man snap. Can you answer that? Better yet, could you answer it if it were a black man pulling this crap? Lastly, why should it matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Maybe you would feel differently if a man randomly caught you off guard and beat the $*!t out of you. Being a vet doesn't make you invinsible. Perhaps not fighting back was the better choice. If she fought back, the beating could've turned into a murder. Men are physically stronger than woman, I doubt that her fighing back would've had a better out come for her or her daughter.
I guess you don't know what being a soldier means either. No it doesn't make anyone invincible or invinsible. What it means is you're not going down without a fight and no way you're a willing victim. If her training were taken seriously she should have been able to hobble him at very least long enough to extricate herself and her daughter from the violence. THIS is my point and I'd be saying it no matter what her ethnicity. Not fighting back is statistically the exact wrong choice and predators rely on women to behave in this socialized way.
It's true in India... Safety, self defense, personal security for women | Girls Fight Back!
and Kenya... KENYA: Women in Kenya Fight Back Against Sexual Violence - News Library - News & Events - PeaceWomen
And in the Congo... Women vs. Violence in the Democratic Republic of Congo - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com
And in Haitian camps... In Haiti's camps, civilians fight back against sex crimes - The Globe and Mail
The bigger statistical picture for the world... A Resource Guide to the Video - Violence Against Women a Violation of Human Rights

How you or lucario can spin this in your minds to allude I'm saying this guy's actions were justifiable when I've already stated in point blank fashion his behavior was over the top is your own prejudice. The only thing your link added to legit information was the fact this man bonded out. That too is ridiculous in and of itself. Atlanta isn't a place I'd ever bother visiting again for a reason. As far as I'm concerned the law doesn't exist there because there are 2 competing brands of racist citizens ruling that city that's never gotten the press coverage of LA gangs. It's a scourge of the south & CNN HQ ignores it wholesale. It's an embarrassment to the majority of law abiding respectful southerners and rightfully so.

Old 10-21-2010, 02:25 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times
Quite simply, some people need a good ass-kicking. If she deserved it, then she deserved it. If not, then he should go to jail.

Old 10-21-2010, 05:14 AM

9,006 posts, read 13,831,283 times
If they were in the north,black people would have joined together in kicking his arse. I wonder if any blacks were in cracker barrel? If they were,they were cowards. Heck,if any man of any color stood there and let it transpire he is no man..

Old 10-21-2010, 05:16 AM

9,006 posts, read 13,831,283 times
If moast of the people in prison are black I wonder what's going to happen to him in prison...hmmm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies