Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 07:44 AM

783 posts, read 815,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Women Voters - Leaning to the GOP

Or maybe not:

Still, nearly half of women say they want to see Democrats retain control of Congress, compared with 41 percent who would prefer the GOP. Men are the reverse.

Women likely to vote also are more inclined than men to say they trust Democrats more than Republicans — or they trust the two parties the same — on most issues tested, including creating jobs.

And 54 percent of women likely to vote say they'd like to see their own House member re-elected.

Obama Woos Female Voters Ahead Of Midterms : NPR
Interesting facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2010, 08:16 AM

89,018 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I thnik as women move into more responsible postions and advance its pretty natural for them to leave the party of dependency really.
Very astute observation.

Old 10-22-2010, 08:36 AM

200 posts, read 287,496 times
I must just be a different type of voter. I don't care what the gender/race/appearance/political party of the candidate happens to be. I try to vote for the candidate based on where they stand on the issues and their qualifications for holding public office. The choices are getting slimmer with each election, and I am not talking about their waistlines! Choosing the lesser of two evils seems to be the norm these days.

Old 10-22-2010, 08:47 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Most women vote Democrat because they really don't understand the issues and only look at things that will benefit them personally and not what's good for the country. They are single issue voters.

Old 10-22-2010, 10:25 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,305,063 times
SINGLE women tend to vote Democrat. Once they get married more of them vote Republican because they see how the feminist policies of the radical left hurts their husbands. In the case of this election cycle I think the reason most will vote Republican is simply because of the economy.
Also, I was just litening to Rush Limbaugh and he was saying that a strong showing of Democrats in November will cement Obama as the Democrat nominee for 2012 but a very poor showing opens up the pollsibility of Hillary making a challenge in 2012. If Obama's numbers remain in the tank it might be a good idea for Democrats to have a fall back candidate.

Old 10-22-2010, 10:47 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,301,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Women Voters - Leaning to the GOP

Or maybe not:

Still, nearly half of women say they want to see Democrats retain control of Congress, compared with 41 percent who would prefer the GOP. Men are the reverse.

Women likely to vote also are more inclined than men to say they trust Democrats more than Republicans — or they trust the two parties the same — on most issues tested, including creating jobs.

And 54 percent of women likely to vote say they'd like to see their own House member re-elected.

Obama Woos Female Voters Ahead Of Midterms : NPR
I think MARRIED women in CONSERVATIVE states are going to naturally lean Republican. There are a certain percentage women that are upset that Hilary Clinton didn't get the Democratic presidential nomination in 2008 and due to the economy are swinging to the right. Some of these women indentify on a personal level with Sarah Palin.

Old 10-22-2010, 01:08 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,707,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
SINGLE women tend to vote Democrat. Once they get married more of them vote Republican because they see how the feminist policies of the radical left hurts their husbands. In the case of this election cycle I think the reason most will vote Republican is simply because of the economy.
Also, I was just litening to Rush Limbaugh and he was saying that a strong showing of Democrats in November will cement Obama as the Democrat nominee for 2012 but a very poor showing opens up the pollsibility of Hillary making a challenge in 2012. If Obama's numbers remain in the tank it might be a good idea for Democrats to have a fall back candidate.
good food for thought My wife is not political, but she thinks of herself as a moderate/independent. I have to choose wisely how & when I talk to her about politics But, when I know that liberal policies obviously hurt families, or hurt our family, then I will educate her on that. Most reasonable women will listen to their husbands... they just won't admit to it

It takes a lot of convincing to change people's minds when they have been brainwashed for so long

Old 10-22-2010, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
I think MARRIED women in CONSERVATIVE states are going to naturally lean Republican. There are a certain percentage women that are upset that Hilary Clinton didn't get the Democratic presidential nomination in 2008 and due to the economy are swinging to the right. Some of these women indentify on a personal level with Sarah Palin.
Some women identify with Palin, but others hate her. I think that women are jealous of her because she is attractive. Ordinary women tend to automatically reject attractive (successful) women.

Old 10-22-2010, 01:22 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
Some women identify with Palin, but others hate her. I think that women are jealous of her because she is attractive. Ordinary women tend to automatically reject attractive (successful) women.
I don't 'hate' Palin, but I do dislike her...not because she's attractive, but rather because she's not all that smart. I don't want the first woman President/VP to be someone like Palin...that's just an embarrassment to all women.

I've met plenty of women who are excellent leaders, unfortunately there is still a bit of a double standard when it comes down to how they're treated. A man can be 'stern and cutthroat' in business, but if a woman acts EXACTLY the same, she's called catty, bitchy etc. by her peers.

Old 10-22-2010, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I don't 'hate' Palin, but I do dislike her...not because she's attractive, but rather because she's not all that smart. I don't want the first woman President/VP to be someone like Palin...that's just an embarrassment to all women.

I've met plenty of women who are excellent leaders, unfortunately there is still a bit of a double standard when it comes down to how they're treated. A man can be 'stern and cutthroat' in business, but if a woman acts EXACTLY the same, she's called catty, bitchy etc. by her peers.
Thats true, there is a double standard. But, some women have learned to use their gender to their advantage (i.e. Palin) I mean, listen to Angle tell Harry Reid to "man up" How can he refute that? If a man talks like that to a woman, he is going to be demonized by the media. Women can pretend to be the victims in certain situations.
I think that many of the women (not all of them) actually try to be like men once they are in a position of authority. But, I don't think thats the best way for them to be effective. It is a catch-22 in many cases
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies