Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 07:08 AM

20,321 posts, read 19,909,198 times

Advertisements

As Joe Biden might say "Mr Williams is articulate, bright and clean.."

..."This self-reverential attitude was on display several years ago when NPR asked me to help them get an interview with President George W. Bush. I have longstanding relationships with some of the key players in his White House due to my years as a political writer at The Washington Post. When I got the interview some in management expressed anger that in the course of the interview I said to the president that Americans pray for him but don’t understand some of his actions. They said it was wrong to say Americans pray for him......

FoxNews.com - JUAN WILLIAMS: I Was Fired for Telling the Truth
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2010, 08:17 AM

31 posts, read 34,160 times
[SIZE=3]Muslims dressed in their garb

[/SIZE]
Former US Army Captain James J. Yee dons a beret, and takes it very seriously.

[SIZE=2]Pilot Mazin Shalabi, shown here with his family, wears a uniform and ID card that allows him to get on a commercial airliner — and then fly it safely to its destination. He is a highly qualified pilot, that just so happens to be Muslim.[/SIZE]

This is Jamal Baadani. He’s Muslim, a Marine, and he’s wearing a lot of medals

Old 10-25-2010, 10:10 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,854,528 times
Williams had 2 masters and the one with no valid reputation was in need of a new story so they made one... they also gave him a pay raise of $2 Million so I don't really feel sorry for him.

He expressed an opinion NPR found not suitable in order to remain unbaised... guess they can draw the line where they see fit. It isn't a national forum to decide a companies standard of conduct.

I have no complaints with their actions. and frankly it's no one elses business. Williams can lament and make a story of lament as long as Fox wants him to. Think they will cover it when they cut his wage or let him go?

Why didn't they care about all the other terminations when racially oriented statements were made?... "nappy headed whores" - Don Imus , and so on....

Old 10-25-2010, 10:26 AM

12,953 posts, read 13,665,225 times
I couldn't see Cokie Roberts making that same statement, Its just not professional Journalism, but its perfect for FOX make belive news or Saturday night live

Old 10-25-2010, 10:46 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,446,589 times
I find it very interesting that NPR has an interest in pushing their agenda at the cost of having their reputation destroyed.

Old 10-25-2010, 11:16 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,323,498 times
From the article:
Quote:
Well, now that I no longer work for NPR let me give you my opinion. This is an outrageous violation of journalistic standards and ethics by management that has no use for a diversity of opinion, ideas or a diversity of staff (I was the only black male on the air). This is evidence of one-party rule and one sided thinking at NPR that leads to enforced ideology, speech and writing. It leads to people, especially journalists, being sent to the gulag for raising the wrong questions and displaying independence of thought.
I'm actually surprised that it took him that long to realize that many of the liberal elites think and feel this way... they will support you as long as you walk the party line and don't cross it. Tolerance and diversity of thinking? Not in their vocabulary.

Old 10-25-2010, 12:05 PM

3,393 posts, read 4,009,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
I couldn't see Cokie Roberts making that same statement, Its just not professional Journalism, but its perfect for FOX make belive news or Saturday night live
I like Cokie and I've read her books, but don't pretend she has never expressed a personal opinion in her role as a news analyst.

Cokie Roberts: Glenn Beck A 'Terrorist'

Old 10-25-2010, 12:33 PM

12,953 posts, read 13,665,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I find it very interesting that NPR has an interest in pushing their agenda at the cost of having their reputation destroyed.
their core audience would have expected no less of them, thats why Juan got fired

Old 10-25-2010, 12:40 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,633,867 times
They can keep their puny "core audience". And so have lost the rest of us..."Yo Viv" is an idiot.

Old 10-25-2010, 12:44 PM

20,454 posts, read 12,373,731 times
If Juan had said he feared christians, nothing would have happened to him. but he broke from the uber-liberal playbook just after George Soros gave NPR a bunch of money and some marching orders.

NPR being the good little communists they are followed their leader and fired Juan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies