Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 11:24 AM

3,512 posts, read 9,427,541 times

Advertisements

-The Tea Party has always been a joke.
-If the Tea Party was a real threat to the ruling elite, it would have no media coverage and die away.
-Anything that does have media coverage serves a purpose for the ruling elite or they infiltrate it and twist it to serve the elite's goals and agendas.

Don't label yourself. As soon as you label yourself, you become a pawn in the hands of the ruling elite.

I'm NOT a Republican, Democrat, Liberal, Conservative, Tea Party member, Traditional Catholic, Protestant, Conspiracy theorist, or any other label the ruling elite love to brand everyone and place them in a box.

If I started labeling myself as a truth-seeker, the elite would just create a bunch of "truth-seekers" and make them sound crazy so the masses believe truth-seekers are nuts.

The mainstream media controls how you perceive the world. Don't fall for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2010, 11:28 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
quote=mb1547;16370284]As I keep saying--they're being used but they never learn...

He's exactly right. The R's went on a drunken spending spree, destroyed the country, and now they're trying to wrap themselves up in a neat pretty package as the "tea party" and somehow it's all going to change. They're focusing on "guns gays and God" because they're doing the same thing they've always done--firing up the social conservatives to vote for them without any plans what so ever to pass legislation that social conservatives want. They have absolutely no intention of any kind to work toward financial reform--the plan they've outlined is the exact same one they used during the Bush years.

Tea Party friends--you're being duped.[/quote]

Republican spending spee?

Tea Party ‘founder’: Palin, Gingrich a ‘joke’-deficit-1990.bmpTea Party ‘founder’: Palin, Gingrich a ‘joke’-spending-1990.bmp

Old 10-23-2010, 11:33 AM

888 posts, read 1,186,839 times
Why were the Tea Party virtually non-existent during the 8 years of GWB.....but came out in force, a month, after Obama become President?

Could it be that the Tea Party agenda, and the Republican agenda of GWB, are pretty much.....one and the same??

Steve

Old 10-23-2010, 11:36 AM

3,562 posts, read 5,226,922 times
Say it ain't so...........

Old 10-23-2010, 03:14 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
You are soooo wishing they were imploding..! They are stronger than ever and are saving the nation from the destruction of a corrupt Obama and his thugs and ignorant followers, of which there are fewer every day....!
The strength they have is the money being thrown at them by the Neocons and corporate interest groups that are doing so in open secrecy. This is a major threat to our democracy and this pleases you?

Old 10-23-2010, 03:36 PM

2,684 posts, read 6,887,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
A financial blogger and ex-CEO credited with being one of the original "founders" of the Tea Party has come out against the movement, saying it has been hijacked by the very people it was protesting and is now obsessed with "guns, gays and God."

Denninger writes: "Tea Party my ass. This was nothing other than the Republican Party stealing the anger of a population that was fed up with the Republican Party's own theft of their tax money at gunpoint to bail out the robbers of Wall Street and fraudulently redirecting it back toward electing the very people who stole all the ****ing money!"

Tea Party ‘founder’: Palin, Gingrich a ‘joke’ | Raw Story
I remember when the tea party started back in 08. It is now completely unrecogzieable. They are now all about straight marriage, religious ideology, "traditional values", and if my gut feeling isn't wrong, more war.

I saw this coming when I witnessed the Tea Party on April 15 of 2009. It wasn't the same type of people I remember from 2008. It used to be about ending the American Empire, smaller government on all fronts, including staying out of the bedroom. End the hugely expensive and unconstitutional "war on drugs". Now days it just seems a huge religious mob.

Now I love the people in my church, but if they are involved in a political movement, that is definately one I don't want to be a part of.

Old 10-23-2010, 04:02 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,301,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
The tea party is not a party. There are no candidates running as tea party candidates. There are various factions of the tea party movement doing their own thing. Most prominent are the Tea Party Express and the Tea Party Patriots. The things that they stand for are : small government, fiscal responsibility, low taxes and free markets. It is their approaches to those ends that differ.
Actually there are, there is a third party candidate running for the U.S. Senate in Nevada under the Tea Party of Nevada.

| Nevada Tea Party Candidate Suggests Sharron Angle Backers Sending Him Death Threats

It appears that the whole Tea Party movement is so loose and fragmented that even some Tea Party advocates are having a difficult time figuring out what is going on in the movement.

Old 10-23-2010, 04:14 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Palin, Newt and Huck are employees of Rupert Murdoch just like Beck and O'Reilly.
They say what they are told to
They get together on Sat nights over beers, and laugh at all the videos of the TPers and say things like, "Can you believe how many idiots have fallen for this BS?".

Old 10-23-2010, 04:16 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,594,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Does it make a bit of difference to liberals?
They are just as afraid of any message that calls for limited government, rule of law and less taxation as they are "guns, gays and God".

Liberals are not afraid of gays, or God...guns I could care less...Unemployment and food on the table is an issue this year, not the divisive garbage that McCain used to run on.

The division and vitriol in general is sickening and I'd think most, esp. Independents (NOT the Tea Party members) are those the elected officials better start worrying about. We dont vote right or left, lol and arent nuts from the Tea Party either.

Old 10-23-2010, 04:22 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
The tea party is not a party. There are no candidates running as tea party candidates. There are various factions of the tea party movement doing their own thing. Most prominent are the Tea Party Express and the Tea Party Patriots. The things that they stand for are : small government, fiscal responsibility, low taxes and free markets. It is their approaches to those ends that differ.
The tea PARTY is NOT a party? LOL!

So when IS a party a party? When it's called a party?

Does the party of the first part party with the party of the tea party?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies