Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2010, 02:35 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
You just answered your own question and it is the same answer that many posters have already given you. The "enemy" is anyone who doesn't think like they do on illegal immigration.
Newsflash, just like all white Anglo-Saxon Protestants don't share a uniform political position, people of Latino heritage also have differences of opinion on political issues, including immigration issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2010, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainelyJersey View Post
Oh, but those were your thoughts, spelled out in this very thread.

I really was just waiting to see if you would blame Republicans for gridlock. Knew the answer already though.
Really? I don't think so, since I rebutted your interpretation. You really are getting in over your head, my dear, when you start telling me what I think. I haven't insulted you by telling you what you think, yet, but I might just tell you what I think of you're trying to re-state my remarks. My remarks are right here, on the record. Don't play the "you meant to say" game with me. It could get very ugly.

Old 10-26-2010, 02:40 PM

454 posts, read 482,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
More absurdities from the right wing fringe. The right wingers are doubling their efforts to spread hatred and divide the nation.
For a right winger to point this out makes as much sense as Al Capone ranting about organized crime.
No one made it up. He said it himself. To a Latino audience go punish your enemies-
ENEMIES?
Was he talking about the Taliban, Al queda, terrorists? No he was talking about people who are not supporting his agenda.

Old 10-26-2010, 02:44 PM

1,062 posts, read 1,018,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Really? I don't think so, since I rebutted your interpretation. You really are getting in over your head, my dear, when you start telling me what I think. I haven't insulted you by telling you what you think, yet, but I might just tell you what I think of you're trying to re-state my remarks. My remarks are right here, on the record. Don't play the "you meant to say" game with me. It could get very ugly.
Indeed, they are on the record, and I'm happy to let them stand.

I wouldn't presume to spin or play the 'meant to say' game. There's far too much of that going around already. Especially within this very thread.

Old 10-26-2010, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainelyJersey View Post
Indeed, they are on the record, and I'm happy to let them stand.

I wouldn't presume to spin or play the 'meant to say' game. There's far too much of that going around already. Especially within this very thread.
Mainely by you. Pun intended.

Old 10-26-2010, 03:01 PM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Yes he did. Illegal aliens are foreign enemies of our laws on our soil. By siding with illegal foreign invaders against American citizens Obama violates his oath and makes himself an enemy of the state doesn't he!
Indeed.

Old 10-26-2010, 03:02 PM

1,062 posts, read 1,018,829 times
Quote:
Mainely by you. Pun intended.
A weak one, and far too easy given the moniker. But 'A' for effort, and thanks for playing. It's been real!

Old 10-26-2010, 03:06 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times
Quote:

There has been no evidence that conservatives wanted to work with this President, only that they wanted to stop him. Gridlock will do that, no?
Yes, gridlock will do that, as will meetings behind closed doors to keep Republicans out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
He isn't saying anything that anybody with any damn intelligence doesn't already know. We are divided country and the Republican Party would rather see American fail with Obama in office than to succeed. They have admitted it.
That's an oxymoron. America cannot succeed if Obama's policies are implemented.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
What you describe is not a fact, but an ultimatum.
The Right wingers understand everything as either black or white.
Like, either believe in Jesus, or you will suffer eternal torment...an ultimatum.
I think you missed the point of my post. It wasn't about religion. If Jesus bothers you that much, take it up with Him, or start a new thread but please don't take this one off topic.

Old 10-26-2010, 03:10 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,408,962 times
"That's an oxymoron. America cannot succeed if Obama's policies are implemented." --Southward Bound

Luckily, about 60% of us have figured this out, and will be taking corrective action next Tuesday.

Old 10-26-2010, 03:11 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Those people who are advancing those political ideologies are...What? Your pals?

I'm not misrepresenting anything.

People who are on opposite sides politically are involved in a struggle. It is not untoward to say that they are your political enemies. Anyone who wants to subvert the American Constitution, to say, limit the freedom of Muslims to practice their religion as long as such practice observes the laws of the United States, is my political enemy. I will fight to uphold the principles of the American Constitution against those who think it's okay to apply those principles in one way for some, and another way for others.
Bad analogies. 0bama was referring to the topic of immigration. Keep in mind that the president was speaking to an audience with both American citizens and illegal aliens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies