Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 12:25 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,477,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainelyJersey View Post
In other words...no.

He's the President of the United States...and he's labeling Americans as 'the enemy'.
The enemy of Latinos. Please do not context-drop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2010, 12:27 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,477,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
You forget: there's a difference here. It's the President of the United States who is saying this. He's not a left-wing echo chamber. He is the President, not our DICTATOR, and as such he has a duty to be Presidential, not dictatorial.
Only in the fever swamps of the right-wing imagination is encouraging people to vote in their own interests, rather than against them, "dictatorial".

Old 10-26-2010, 02:30 AM

11,250 posts, read 11,022,956 times
Obama knows his time is very short. He is nothing more than a wounded animal backed up into a corner. This is a last ditch effort to suck votes out of anyone he can. Anyone who backs this loser is an enemy of America.

Old 10-26-2010, 05:34 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Obama is a mere amateur compared to the world class divisiveness of the slimey Dick
Can you ever address what your messiah has said, his own words, without bringing up someone else?

No, I thought not.

Old 10-26-2010, 05:39 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,931,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
More absurdities from the right wing fringe. The right wingers are doubling their efforts to spread hatred and divide the nation.
For a right winger to point this out makes as much sense as Al Capone ranting about organized crime.
Pot meet kettle.

Come on, both sides are guilty of this. There are hardcore on both sides doing their best to attack and divide. They are more alike than they want to realize!

Old 10-26-2010, 05:42 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,589,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
This one is no champ. He is a loser on every level, and using last ditch, desperate rhetoric to foment hatred American against American. Noone can convince me this slimeball has any loyalty or love for this country and its people. The sooner we can cripple his efforts to destroy us, the better.
Very well said!

Old 10-26-2010, 07:48 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,694,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by campfire View Post
“If Latinos sit out the election instead of saying, ‘We’re going to punish our enemies and we’re gonna reward our friends who stand with us on issues that are important to us,’ if they don’t see that kind of upsurge in voting in this election, then I think it’s going to be harder and that’s why I think it’s so important that people focus on voting on November 2.”

You see this as some sort of take-over cry? You people are more f 'd up than I thought.
Give it a rest, you look & sound retarded...seriously.
A president of the country actually urging a group to punish "enemies" (Americans whom he identifies as such?) And you approve. Amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
The enemy of Latinos. Please do not context-drop.
Even that is not correct. Nobody here is the "enemy of Latinos". People want the law respected and upheld, not watered down and diluted for the advantage of selected groups. Everyone has issues that are important for them, but those have to be issues that fall within the existing laws.

You calling us retarded because we see things differently? That's not far from what the President said. BTW, I thought we weren't supposed to use that word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Only in the fever swamps of the right-wing imagination is encouraging people to vote in their own interests, rather than against them, "dictatorial".
See above. The main point of my post was that the President should act like the president of ALL the people, and not call those who have a different viewpoint "enemies". Fingering them as enemies and calling others to "punish" them is, indeed, dictatorial and tyrannical. At the very least it is disturbingly mean-spirited. I expected more of Obama. I was willing to cut him some slack for being inexperienced, but I didn't expect such character flaws. He claimed to be a uniting force, honorable, noble, honest and have the interests of everyone at heart. Turns out he only has his own interests at heart and he's willing to use -- yes, use -- others to achieve that.

That's what dictators and the lowest of politicians do.

Old 10-26-2010, 07:50 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,593,793 times
Obama is nothing more than a union organizer thug...he is just doing what he always did...intimidate

Old 10-26-2010, 07:53 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,694,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
Obama is nothing more than a union organizer thug...he is just doing what he always did...intimidate
That seems to sum it up.

Old 10-26-2010, 07:57 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,184,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
These are HIS words. What do you have to say about what the great post-partisan uniter SAID, if anything?
For the last 20 years America should get the crown as the Land Of Hatred. Hatred in this country was very intense before the election of 2008.
Americans hate each other, but want to place the blame on someone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies