Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 02:28 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,839,560 times

Advertisements

I can understand them wanting their own supporters to get the front row seats, but considering this President, it's a VERY unfortunate choice of words imho
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2010, 03:37 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,850,595 times
I can't wait until Nov 2nd when we neuter that ignorant POS and destroy all of his plans.

Old 10-26-2010, 03:48 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,105,281 times
What the beep is wrong with this guy?

Yes, he is a Democrat but the President of the United States is supposed to create unity and bi-partisanship and not tout the party line. Instead all Obama does is attempt to divide and conquer the American people with constant divisive and insulting statements.

This is part of the reason why the head of state and the head of government need to be separate positions as they are in the UK & British Commonwealth countries.

Old 10-26-2010, 03:59 PM

516 posts, read 375,733 times
A sad state of affairs when the lefties and a lefty mod choose to support this sort of speech, especially a mod who has the power to suppress the opposition. Moderators joining in political discussion here is outrageous. There is NO way they can moderate fairly when they are so one-sided in their personal views.

I'm sure I'll get banned for pointing this out but so what? That's what the left does.

Old 10-26-2010, 04:01 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
What the beep is wrong with this guy?

Yes, he is a Democrat but the President of the United States is supposed to create unity and bi-partisanship and not tout the party line. Instead all Obama does is attempt to divide and conquer the American people with constant divisive and insulting statements.

This is part of the reason why the head of state and the head of government need to be separate positions as they are in the UK & British Commonwealth countries.
Why don't we just give him a palace and an allowance like Britain does to the Queen and then he can go off and live his dream and party and golf to his heart's content ?
We'll get someone in the WH that has some leadership mixed with some accounting smarts who can do a better job.

Old 10-26-2010, 04:47 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,265,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
When has Obama wanted to work with republicans? This isnt the 1st time Obama has made comments like this.

Obama double talks very well. He goes on tv and says republicans have no ideas and offer none, Then attends a republican event and admits he received their ideas and solutions. He gets on tv and talks about being bi partisan and wanting to work with republicans but then later on hes making comments insulting to republicans.

I dont know about you but where I'm from you cant talk out both sides of your mouth and that is just what Obama does when it comes to his effort to work with republicans.

Just when has Obama really tried to work with republicans? Other then him saying so for some sound bytes?
You have to watch what they DO, not what they SAY. Obama always talks about how the Republicans won't work with him - the rhetoric has been "the party of NO" from the very beginning.

Interesting article in the Washington Post this week.
The roots of Obama's demise

Quote:
The decline of the Obama presidency can be traced to a meeting at the White House just three days after the inauguration, when the new president gathered congressional leaders of both parties to discuss his proposed economic stimulus. House Republican Whip Eric Cantor gave President Obama a list of modest proposals for the bill. Obama said he would consider the GOP ideas, but told the assembled Republicans that "elections have consequences" and "I won." Backed by the largest congressional majorities in decades, the president was not terribly interested in giving ground to his vanquished adversaries.
We all heard his say something similar to John McCain during the televised meeting with GOP & Dem leaders in a meeting on Financial reform. He wants "bipartisanship", but to Obama, that means the GOP gives in to whatever he wants - "I won", we do it "my way". He did all this while the American people were screaming NO!, STOP!, We don't want this! - in meetings, rallys, marches, polls and town hall meetings all across the USA. He just doesn't care - everyone who disagrees with him can "sit in the back".

I don't believe he is capable of "change" or compromise - we are in for a bumpy ride. I hope I'm wrong about that.

Old 10-26-2010, 04:48 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,859,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSC1 View Post
A sad state of affairs when the lefties and a lefty mod choose to support this sort of speech, especially a mod who has the power to suppress the opposition. Moderators joining in political discussion here is outrageous. There is NO way they can moderate fairly when they are so one-sided in their personal views.

I'm sure I'll get banned for pointing this out but so what? That's what the left does.
Well said!

Old 10-26-2010, 05:26 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
Give me a freaking break, it was said and meant to be exactly as was stated. No excuses necessary. Stop making excuses please! if this were a Republician President that acted in this matter, you would be up in arms about this, there it would be on the evening news. So let's not pretend a thing please. Stop fooling yourselves, and making excuses for this President, it sickens me. This President has one agenda only, not by-partisian by any means, my a-- because he is anything but by-partisian. He is out to help His Dems by trying to get the hispanic vote, and boy he is trying. Hope they are smart enough to be able to see thru him. Obama knows exactly what he is doing at any given moment, and i beta he intended for the Repbus to sit in the back, that is his way of thinking.

Old 10-26-2010, 09:02 PM

4,209 posts, read 3,588,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Race card, race baiting, racial politics - what will this disgusting post-partisan president think of next?
My thoughts exactly! There is no end to the audacity of this man.

Old 10-26-2010, 09:22 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,464,213 times
So this thread is still going even after a poster pointed out the OP was clearly not being honest in their approach? Sheesh, some of you guys will fall for anything. I've got a bridge to sell you if you're interested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies