Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 04:40 PM
PPG

509 posts, read 1,423,434 times

Advertisements

No noise? In New york? This is so dumb. Well they asked what was next after the smoking ban and the attack on food health.

Everyone say it with me....POLICE STATE (coming to a town near you)

They should make a law that they must train police officers to be REAL police officers.

I can imagine NYPD beating and shooting someone over NORMAL city noise.
They should fix those people first otherwise all of these PETTY laws mean NOTHING.

Somebody please google police state and tell us all what was and is predicted and what has already been implemented.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2007, 07:01 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,999,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
NEW YORK - Authorities issued more than three dozen summonses — including at least one to an ice cream truck driver — in the first five days of a new noise ordinance, a newspaper reported Friday.

Dozens cited under new NYC noise rules - Yahoo! News (broken link)
i've asked the local city legislators to do something like this to raise $$ for the city instead of raising taxes and reducing library hours. i don't know why they don't do something like this. in some areas, there is a huge # of obnoxiously loud harleys not to mention teenagers who remove the mufflers from their cars to make their wimpy 2 cylinder car sound like it actually has some power.

Old 07-07-2007, 09:34 PM

793 posts, read 3,122,159 times
More proof-in-the-pudding of the communist dictator that is Michael Bloomberg. President of the U.S.A? Could this country be THAT stupid?

Old 07-07-2007, 09:52 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown stuntman View Post
More proof-in-the-pudding of the communist dictator that is Michael Bloomberg. President of the U.S.A? Could this country be THAT stupid?

Looked at the White House lately?

Old 07-08-2007, 09:17 AM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,086,496 times
The noise ordinance is a bit draconian (ice-cream trucks? c'mon), but as someone who once had to listen to a broken car alarm go off under her street facing bedroom window until my someone called the police and threatened to 'take care of the problem himself with a tire-iron' unless they did something, I can fully appreciate the desire for a noise ordinance to exist.

Old 07-08-2007, 10:00 AM

793 posts, read 3,122,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Looked at the White House lately?

Yes, but that isn't the topic.

Old 07-08-2007, 10:52 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown stuntman View Post
Yes, but that isn't the topic.
You asked if the country could be THAT stupid

The anti-noise law is a tough issue, to me it becomes a question of can we effectively legislate common courtesy and consideration?

Old 07-09-2007, 05:49 PM

982 posts, read 3,307,120 times
Quote:
in some areas, there is a huge # of obnoxiously loud harleys not to mention teenagers who remove the mufflers from their cars to make their wimpy 2 cylinder car sound like it actually has some power.
I hear you on this one. I'm a night owl anyway, but it still pisses me off. Our house backs up to a main road, but the little jackasses wait until 2 or 3am to barrel down the road in their motorcycles (putting them into neutral cruising up to the stop sign, then revving the engines as they downshift). The un-muffled Civics usually don't hit the road until 6 or 7 in the morning, though.

Even if they did have an ordinance like that here, they would have to put cops on the corners to implement it. We're much more sprawled than NY. I have to admit, getting up on the roof with a 12 guage to put bullet through an engine block has crossed my mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies