Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2010, 08:32 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,750,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Yeah there is always risks untill you end up dead, like my father in law and his 2nd wife did. After the both of them were stabbed to death I guess the risks were limited somewhat more.

They were city dwellers not 3 blocks from the cop shop.

My being a rural dweller if i call the cops, if they come at all it will be no faster than 30 minutes, and a lot can happen in a few seconds.

If cops were the best SD I would carry one of them.

Being familar means being able to close your eyes and field strip a weapon to me in so many seconds as is possible with your eyes open, and what ever std time that particular weapon would take a expert, then put it all back together, all ready to be loaded. So you can do it in the dark.

Any weapon I can't do that with isn't a carry gun.
when seconds count, the cops are only minutes away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2010, 08:41 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,331,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
BB, I disagree. Getting lessons is a real good idea, but having to prove it means nothing.

We sould NOT have to pay for carry permits, nor should be forced to have such a permit in the first place, but every state except Vt has them, and in VT it is assumed you carry.

The only proof one must have to purchase a gun is a State ID, usually a drivers lic. Some states wat more leddle worthless papers too.

In Mass I had to have a FIDA card to get a carry permit, which I was told would take 90 days. I protested and said i was goiung to shoot my hand guns anyway. This promted the chief of police to ask how I got hand guns. At that time the ones I had i bought new and legal in Fla. Then he asked "Didn't you see the signs on the interstate?"

I said yeah, I saw them, but didn't take it to mean I was to pull off the road and dump guns at the sign. I had my permit in 3 days.

A littler bit later, assuming the chief also had a permit, he was found dead, shot right thru the head with his service sidearm. Thats what good a carry permit is. Another worthless piece of paper that don't mean squat.

Taking lessons, getting familar just makes sence. Running most guns is like running a car. It takes practice. I forget how to drive cars in several months of not driving them, because i ride motorcycles.

My hands and feet need to get re-aquainted with the gas pedal brake and clutch

Sorry.....It's clear that you don't know what you're talking about. Here in Mass. we have three different firearms permits: Class A LTC, Class B LTC, and FID cards. A Class A gives you full acess to hand guns with concealed carry rights. Class B gives you access to hand guns but no concealed carry rights. FID cards give you access to long guns only. All of the above can have restrictions imposed such as hunting & sporting only and etc. You don't need to have an FID to get a LTC. You have one or the other. It's obviously harder to get the LTC than the FID. I have an unrestricted Class A LTC. I takes 6 weeks on average to get a permit. There's no way in hell you got one in three days. It doesn't happen. It takes three weeks for the State Police and Federal background checks alone. After that your local chief has to do his part of the process which involves fingerprinting, interviews, and etc. That being said, I feel compelled to take the majority of what you're posting with a grain of salt. I'd be really interested in seeing a link to the story about the Chief who was killed. I certainly don't recall any such story.......

Old 10-29-2010, 08:47 PM

18,337 posts, read 26,431,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Sorry.....It's clear that you don't know what you're talking about. Here in Mass. we have three different firearms permits: Class A LTC, Class B LTC, and FID cards. A Class A gives you full acess to hand guns with concealed carry rights. Class B gives you access to hand guns but no concealed carry rights. FID cards give you access to long guns only. All of the above can have restrictions imposed such as hunting & sporting only and etc. You don't need to have an FID to get a LTC. You have one or the other. It's obviously harder to get the LTC than the FID. I have an unrestricted Class A LTC. I takes 6 weeks on average to get a permit. There's no way in hell you got one in three days. It doesn't happen. It takes three weeks for the State Police and Federal background checks alone. After that your local chief has to do his part of the process which involves fingerprinting, interviews, and etc. That being said, I feel compelled to take the majority of what you're posting with a grain of salt. I'd be really interested in seeing a link to the story about the Chief who was killed. I certainly don't recall any such story.......
The corruption in MA's may issue system has been well documented on gun sites. There are indeed people getting licenses almost overnight, and others not at all...

Old 10-29-2010, 11:52 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,170,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I never claimed that--that's YOUR claim.

I suspect your gun makes you bulletproof though, right? I would think it very funny if you were ever shot with your own gun.

not at all, you have just stated time and time again, over and over that if you saw a person with a firearm, you would take it from them, even if it was legally carried, and with your martial arts.

also, there is nothing completely bullet proof, and I am not 1 of those that believe in it either.

Old 10-30-2010, 12:16 AM

15,585 posts, read 27,528,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
not at all, you have just stated time and time again, over and over that if you saw a person with a firearm, you would take it from them, even if it was legally carried, and with your martial arts...
Pity the fool. I am sure his Mayor McCheesemo antics will get him in quite a pickle sometime.

Old 10-30-2010, 04:08 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,331,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
The corruption in MA's may issue system has been well documented on gun sites. There are indeed people getting licenses almost overnight, and others not at all...

Right- and people posting on those sites are always credible and truthful

I believe the not at all statement. A chief can trun down anyone they want for any reason they want. That's the way the law is written. The overnight thing.....not so much. If your LEO or the mayor's son maybe but other than that no way.

Old 10-30-2010, 06:02 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,581,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
not at all, you have just stated time and time again, over and over that if you saw a person with a firearm, you would take it from them, even if it was legally carried, and with your martial arts.

also, there is nothing completely bullet proof, and I am not 1 of those that believe in it either.
It's called self defense. It is in my best interest for you to NOT have a firearm around me, because I don't feel like getting shot by some nut with a gun. Now, once it's unloaded, you can have it back.

Old 10-30-2010, 07:40 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,919,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Well, yeah, you are probably more correct since that was back in 1976.

I moved there in Fall, December really from Miami, so things are probably different now. Read up in about that time for Chief Radick from manchester which has also changed to Manchester by the Sea. I still have that permit somewhere. It cost 10 bucks back then.

The desk Sgt sure was surprized on day 3 when I walked in asking for the envelope with my name on it on the chief's desk. I opened that in front of him, and he was even less smug.

Perhaps since I had 1/2 dozen hand guns then, it made some difference. The chief was in the mind that I wanted to buy a hand gun, and did a turn around when he understood I had some. None were fit for SD carry.

I felt bad for Radick, and assume he was very ill, but never the less that paper was worthless. He would have commited this sucide in 1977 sometime.

I live in NH now steady, and here the permit is 10 bucks still. You only need it to carry a loaded handgun in a moving vehical. So far as I know it is illegal to carry any long gun loaded in a moving vehical, which pretty much boils down to the engine running.

I know nothing about all the lettery things you mentioned.

In NH we can have full auto guns and silencers, plus switch blades. I can't afford the tax stamp or the ammo for full auto weapons, but if I could I could own them. My sone has that stamp for a silencer he fits to 2 different guns, and a switchblade made by HK I bought for him. He is headed to the middle east soon.

( I don't see those signs anymore on I-90. I don't know why, but my best guess is Mass found out they can't stop anyone from passing thru with guns. There is a fedral law that says you can. According to the Feds I can be legal where I am, travel to somewhere, a place I will be legal like a shoot I guess, and then return home, where I am still legal.))

Last edited by Mac_Muz; 10-30-2010 at 07:51 AM..

Old 10-30-2010, 07:47 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,919,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
It's called self defense. It is in my best interest for you to NOT have a firearm around me, because I don't feel like getting shot by some nut with a gun. Now, once it's unloaded, you can have it back.

Just makes me wonder how many people you pass by day to day that are armed and you never know that.

I am about to leave the property, there is one gun in my jeans ft pocket now as there always is, and I will slip my Remington Rand in it's holster in my belt before I spin the key in the ignition.

I am willing to bet money 99.9% of passers by I see today, will not have the slighest clue I am armed.

Old 10-30-2010, 07:58 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,608,633 times
I own three firearms-no I don't carry but if you break into my house. That will be the last thing you do-do I think each household should own one? NO-not everyone has the brains or the common sense to own a firearm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies