Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 12:40 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,529,610 times

Advertisements

No, I don't care if you respect me, because I will never encounter you. So you will never make the mistake of disrespecting me in person.

The Texas Tower sniper was a law abiding citizen, until he wasn't. So was Bernie Goetz. Until he wasn't. Guns don't kill people--it's the people with guns that kill people.

I'm not interested in attacking people for the heck of it, only if my personal safety is threatened. People tend to keep their distance from me, and I prefer it that way. I have no desire to have people around me. Safer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2010, 05:46 AM

792 posts, read 1,171,055 times
The Feds will take your guns like taking candy from a baby.

Old 11-07-2010, 07:32 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,879,571 times
TK, I wish we did live closer, just to put this to a test. I would be the bad guy with a toy cap gun you checked out all you wanted. The cap goes bang, and you concead. If you could, you could pin me as hard as you pleased, but you woould hold away full power blows.

Alas we live apx 1,200 miles from one another, and unless you have a plan to be in NH we can't make the test.

I checked out your profile, and if the info is true I have 20 years on you, making me an old man. A fairly fit old man, possibly 10 pounds lighter than you. One of these days you will grow to be a old man, usually that comes with lots of bad joints and a bad back. I have all of that.

Makes tools a bit more handy.
.................................................. ...........................................

Dawter, who are you talking to? Don't you know Obama is the gun sales man of the decade?

Old 11-07-2010, 01:33 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,654,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
No, I don't care if you respect me, because I will never encounter you. So you will never make the mistake of disrespecting me in person.

The Texas Tower sniper was a law abiding citizen, until he wasn't. So was Bernie Goetz. Until he wasn't. Guns don't kill people--it's the people with guns that kill people.

I'm not interested in attacking people for the heck of it, only if my personal safety is threatened. People tend to keep their distance from me, and I prefer it that way. I have no desire to have people around me. Safer.
bernie goetz was threatened by thugs on the subway, and he refused to be a victim any longer.

as for charles whitman, he was hardly a law abiding citizen. you might want to read this;

Quote:
Whitman's frustrations with his dysfunctional family were complicated by abuse of amphetamines and health issues including headaches that he reported in one of his final notes as "tremendous."[6] A glioblastoma, which is a highly aggressive brain tumor, was discovered during autopsy that experts on the "Connally Commission" concluded may have played a role in his actions. He was also affected by a court martial as a United States Marine,
from this site;

Charles Whitman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

abusing illegal drugs, and a court martial hardly qualify whitman as a law abiding citizen. but he had other issues as well, including the brain tumor, and being beaten by his father as a child.

before you pop off about these things, you might want to do a little research.

Old 11-07-2010, 04:43 PM

Right, he was a scared little rat who decided to get back. Like has been said, some people should obviously not have guns.

Whitman was a U.S. Marine. You might want to remember that. Once a Marine, always a Marine.

Old 11-07-2010, 06:11 PM

958 posts, read 1,099,318 times
TK
with all due respect
While I find some of your comments about firearms well thought out and do have some [ little] facts to support them.
You obviously do not have a working knowledge of firearms. Especially when it comes to hand guns.
Please try to respect the abilities of some of the posters. Your comment " with both your arms pinned to the ground ". Proves you do not have a working background in the arts and or firearm retention. Even at 10 feet you would not get close enough to to pin a trained firearms owner with a hand gun and A well trained person can use a hand gun at arms length to defend themselves.
Even Mr. or Mrs Average who is a responcible firearm owner would not let you [ meaning a bad guy] get closer than 10 feet if they had a Long gun. Why because a threat was precived and there weapon was already retrieved .
Thank you , but you have no idea of what your speaking about when it comes to firearms.

Old 11-08-2010, 11:41 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,654,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Right, he was a scared little rat who decided to get back. Like has been said, some people should obviously not have guns.
goetz was threatened by three thugs on the subway, one of which was armed with a screwdriver and at close range. if you are as trained as you claim to be, then you know that at short range a screwdriver is in fact a deadly weapon. goetz was protecting himself.

Quote:
Whitman was a U.S. Marine. You might want to remember that. Once a Marine, always a Marine.
so now you are denigrating marines? who next, navy seals? army rangers and green berets? delta force? yes i know whitman was a marine, i also know that he was court martialed, and had a drug problem, as well as a brain tumor.

just because a few go bad does not mean that all military personal turn to crime after they leave the military.

but perhaps you should read the second amendment again and get an education, and the read the laws in various states regarding the carry of firearms. here in arizona a law abiding citizen is allowed to carry openly, or concealed without a permit in most places. we also are a shall issue concealed carry permit state, which means if one applies for a permit, passes a background check, passes a gun safety course, they receive their concealed carry permit which allows them to buy a firearm without going through a back ground check, since they went through that getting the permit.

and if i were you, i would also check the laws an assault and battery, theft, and various other criminal activities you seem to decide you can do without prosecution. i know you said you have not been prosecuted yet, but one day that will end when you decide to attack the wrong person.

and you might look into anger management classes as well.

Old 11-08-2010, 12:27 PM

I'm not angry when I protect myself. I'm simply looking out for my best interests.

As I said above, Goetz FELT threatened. It doesn't mean anyone actually did so. The difference between what I do and what Goetz did is that I don't do any permanent damage and don't risk killing my attacker.

I wasn't denigrating Marines at all. What gives you that impression?

Shouldn't someone who's committed no crimes, and served his nation, be permitted to own weapons? Whitman gained his weapons legally--but did illegal things with them.

It would have been better for a lot of people if Whitman never had access to them though. And safer.

Old 11-08-2010, 12:31 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,875,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawter View Post
The Feds will take your guns like taking candy from a baby.
Ain't happenin' here in Texas. I can gauran-damn-tee you that much.

We'd have another Revolutionary War started.

Old 11-08-2010, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Ain't happenin' here in Texas. I can gauran-damn-tee you that much.
Whether they blow you apart with tanks and howitzers, or you give them up peacefully, it doesn't really matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies