Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 07:25 PM

956 posts, read 1,114,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekester View Post
I couldn't help but notice his pretentious vocal delivery style (not to mention that the material was a bit sophomoric: of course we don't live in a democracy, we live in a constitutional republic). That aside, I think he may have missed his calling. He would have made a great topless club DJ.
Meh, I was just giving my opinion on the man. I think that his work is interesting, and don't really care so much if people have a problem with that. Different strokes for different folks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2010, 07:45 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,712,742 times
Murdering scum should have been fried a looooong time ago. Anyone who defends this criminal is delusional at best; mentally deficient at worst.

Old 10-27-2010, 07:48 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
I thought they fried him already.. He killed a cop, why is there a question what to do with him?

Old 10-27-2010, 07:51 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Well, I think that there is little doubt regarding Mr. Jamal's innocence because there is little doubt that he did not receive a fair trial, which is why we are where we are today. As for "frying him". I oppose the death penalty as a general rule so I'm the last one to think that executing him some 30 years after the fact resolves anything.

Old 10-27-2010, 08:01 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,241,036 times
From a google search, he was identified by several eyewitnesses as the shooter, was shot at the scene, and "Hospital security guard Priscilla Durham and Police Officer Garry Bell testified that Abu-Jamal confessed in the hospital by saying, "I shot the mother****er, and I hope the mother****er dies."" He also had a criminal record and a history of involvement with the blank panthers. Mumia Abu-Jamal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

His defense was that some other person ran up out of nowhere, shot the cop and disappeared. None of the many eyewitnesses saw the hypothetical running man.

Of course he killed the cop and should be executed. Of course, some liberal politician will probably give him a pardon, and liberals will count his case as one of those where a poor minority person was unjustly given the death penalty, but was later proven innocent.

Old 10-27-2010, 08:08 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,612,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by africanboy View Post
My opinions of his younger years have nothing to do with my opinions of the man now. Different strokes for different folks, surely you don't have a problem with that do you.
Sorry. You do the crime-you do the time. Justice involves punishment.

Old 10-27-2010, 09:42 PM

1,372 posts, read 1,549,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Well, I think that there is little doubt regarding Mr. Jamal's innocence because there is little doubt that he did not receive a fair trial, which is why we are where we are today. As for "frying him". I oppose the death penalty as a general rule so I'm the last one to think that executing him some 30 years after the fact resolves anything.
Read the court transcripts. The judge and the attorneys on both sides went out of their way to accommodate Mr. Jamal, going so far as to tolerate outrageous outbursts that would have garnered anyone else a contempt of court charge as well as physical gagging upon further infractions. Mumia was actually ejected from the proceedings a total of thirteen times for refusing to follow the rules.

Mr. Jamal bases his ridiculous opinion that he did not receive a fair trial on the claim that he was refused his first choice of counsel in the form of his friend John Africa who was not an ABA certified lawyer, or a lawyer of any kind for that matter, which is clearly against the law. A defendant may represent themselves (if he/she happens to be an idiot) or they may retain the services of an actual lawyer. That is the law. Basically Mr. Jamal is upset because he was not allowed to turn the proceedings into his own wacky radicalized kangaroo court. The fact is that he acted more like an insolent child throughout the ordeal than a grown man. Should the state of Pennsylvania have changed the rules just for him? Is he special? He obviously thinks he is. He lives in his own little pseudo-intellectual world and can't for the life of him understand why the rest of humanity doesn't buy into his bullsh#t.

This moron should have been worm food a long time ago.

Old 10-27-2010, 10:05 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,602,920 times
Quote:
? Case in point: they actually named a street after this low life in France, but then what do you expect from the French?
As a response, Philly should name a street after Jacques Mesrine.

Old 10-27-2010, 11:04 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Read the court transcripts. The judge and the attorneys on both sides went out of their way to accommodate Mr. Jamal,
I suppose that is why the original sentence was set aside.

Old 10-27-2010, 11:16 PM

593 posts, read 1,660,923 times
Free him. Too much reasonable doubt. Philly is notorious for targeting and framing radical groups. So this whole thing is in question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies