Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 05:30 AM

27,206 posts, read 46,532,718 times

Advertisements

The foreclosure crisis intensified across a majority of large U.S. metropolitan areas this summer, with Chicago and Seattle -- cities outside of the states that have shouldered the worst of the housing downturn -- seeing a sharp increase in foreclosure warnings.

California, Nevada, Florida and Arizona remain the nation's foreclosure hotbeds, accounting for 19 of the top 20 metropolitan areas with the highest foreclosure rates between July and September, foreclosure listing firm RealtyTrac
Inc. said Thursday.

Those states saw housing values surge during the housing boom years. When the boom ended, values collapsed and foreclosures soared.

But the latest data show that many of the metro areas in those states saw a decline in the number of households receiving foreclosure-related filings, while many cities in other states saw a spike in foreclosure activity.

Foreclosure Crisis Worsens in Most U.S. Metros - FoxNews.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2010, 05:36 AM

22,230 posts, read 17,779,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
The foreclosure crisis intensified across a majority of large U.S. metropolitan areas this summer, with Chicago and Seattle -- cities outside of the states that have shouldered the worst of the housing downturn -- seeing a sharp increase in foreclosure warnings.

California, Nevada, Florida and Arizona remain the nation's foreclosure hotbeds, accounting for 19 of the top 20 metropolitan areas with the highest foreclosure rates between July and September, foreclosure listing firm RealtyTrac
Inc. said Thursday.

Those states saw housing values surge during the housing boom years. When the boom ended, values collapsed and foreclosures soared.

But the latest data show that many of the metro areas in those states saw a decline in the number of households receiving foreclosure-related filings, while many cities in other states saw a spike in foreclosure activity.

Foreclosure Crisis Worsens in Most U.S. Metros - FoxNews.com
There were some good laughs, a pretty good synopsis of the past 2 yrs, frankness about the limitations and identification of several structural problems in our Govt. Oh, and that there are a lot of people still seeking jobs.

Old 10-28-2010, 05:44 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,016,593 times
"And Obama went to Jon to laugh and have a good time...what about jobs?"

And it took him how long to do that show?

Does Fox just not report on what the President does? You can keep up to date with his schedule via a number of websites.

You might like the Daily Show episode: Jon Stewart is honest, asks incisive questions and he calls Obama "timid."

October 27, 2010 - Barack Obama - The Daily Show With Jon Stewart - Full Episode Video | Comedy Central

Old 10-28-2010, 06:15 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,347,131 times
Yeah, what's wrong with holding a presidential press conference on a CABLE comedy show?

Incisive questions..........HAHHAHAHAAHAH.

How bout them answers, too? Yeah baby! 'Most don't even KNOW what we've done'. Get in praise for all those 'underdog' democrats campaigning out there. I can just hear those he mentioned by name screaming at the screen, 'NO, NO, NO! DON'T SAY MY NAME! AWWWWWW DAMMIT, THERE GOES THE ELECTION!'.

If this guy REALLY wants hard questions, he needs to face his opposition, his critics or the general public, not pander to his rubber stamp crowd.

We got questions and we demand answers. Those questions won't come from the left CABLE comedy shows.

Old 10-28-2010, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
Yeah, what's wrong with holding a presidential press conference on a CABLE comedy show?

How bout them answers, too? Yeah baby! 'Most don't even KNOW what we've done'. Get in praise for all those 'underdog' democrats campaigning out there. I can just hear those he mentioned by name screaming at the screen, 'NO, NO, NO! DON'T SAY MY NAME! AWWWWWW DAMMIT, THERE GOES THE ELECTION!'.

If this guy REALLY wants hard questions, he needs to face his opposition, his critics or the general public, not pander to his rubber stamp crowd.

We got questions and we demand answers. Those questions won't come from the left CABLE comedy shows.
Um, how else better to reach the #1 largest young-people-who-are-likely-to-vote demographic than to appear on the Daily Show?

He does need to answer the questions of right wingers who somehow never seem to "hear" him. I agree. I don't know what untried venue he could use for this though.

Old 10-28-2010, 06:24 AM

24,869 posts, read 24,289,843 times
Quote:

I remember back in 2004 when then President Bush went on the O'Reily factor. I was hoping that Bill O would be just as hard hitting to the President as he was his other guests.

However, this was not the case. He spoke quietly, he was joking with the President, and pretty much let him go where he wanted, and say what he wanted, didn't call him on anything.

John Stewart isn't a real news show. Its meant to be comedy, not real news. Last night John Stewart did a much better job than Bill O'Reily did with the President, he called him timid, he asked some very pointed questions, and it wasn't very "comedic" to be honest.

I love the double standard though. Very few people that I knew on the right called Bill O on his softness.

Old 10-28-2010, 06:28 AM

Quote:
How bout them answers, too? Yeah baby! 'Most don't even KNOW what we've done'.
Is that all you got out of it?

Old 10-28-2010, 07:10 AM

957 posts, read 2,610,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I remember back in 2004 when then President Bush went on the O'Reily factor. I was hoping that Bill O would be just as hard hitting to the President as he was his other guests.

However, this was not the case. He spoke quietly, he was joking with the President, and pretty much let him go where he wanted, and say what he wanted, didn't call him on anything.

John Stewart isn't a real news show. Its meant to be comedy, not real news. Last night John Stewart did a much better job than Bill O'Reily did with the President, he called him timid, he asked some very pointed questions, and it wasn't very "comedic" to be honest.

I love the double standard though. Very few people that I knew on the right called Bill O on his softness.
Of course the wingnuts wouldn't call O'Reilly out on his softness. They'd have stated that he treated him fairly, and with respect, and how Faux News is the only fair and balanced network, and just how bad it would have been if he'd gone on an evil liberal-slanted talk show like the Daily Show.

And now the OP believes that it's just horrible that the current president has gone on an evil liberal-slanted talk show because he clearly could have solved the foreclosure crisis, which by the way started during the previous administration, in the few hours he took to make that appearance. Some kind of fantasy world the OP must live in.

Old 10-28-2010, 07:26 AM

5,546 posts, read 9,965,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishCream View Post
Of course the wingnuts wouldn't call O'Reilly out on his softness. They'd have stated that he treated him fairly, and with respect, and how Faux News is the only fair and balanced network, and just how bad it would have been if he'd gone on an evil liberal-slanted talk show like the Daily Show.

And now the OP believes that it's just horrible that the current president has gone on an evil liberal-slanted talk show because he clearly could have solved the foreclosure crisis, which by the way started during the previous administration, in the few hours he took to make that appearance. Some kind of fantasy world the OP must live in.
All of the mess started during the previous administration, but the repubs, for whatever reason are simply blind to this. Obama INHERITED the problems we face today. I am not even sure GOD could fix them at this point.

How to state it to finally get through on a level they could maybe understand.......nah, it's hopeless, there is no way to make them understand.

Old 10-28-2010, 07:30 AM

Quote:

Tip while you're waiting to go to a speech and ask Obama the hard questions. Why not put together those questions and then research the answers yourself on the internet for $0 free gratis? I'll guess the questions are like, "Why is it taking so long for you to solve the financial crisis!" You can find out what's taking so long. "Why did you ram Health Care down our throats!" You can get the answers to that. Then when you ask him, or next watch him make a speech on whatever topic, you can tell if he's LYING or not, or what he's trying to convey, and why these points rather than those points, or what he's leaving out, or why he's phrasing it the way he is
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies