Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 08:47 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,319,017 times

Advertisements

Newsflash: all political partisans are into power and nothing else.

Want proof? When it comes to addressing what they profess to be their key philosophical goals, liberals have done about as well at ending poverty and war as conservatives have done at reducing the size of government.

Bush's expansion of federal spending, trillion-dollar deficit, and instituton of an unfunded medicare prescription drug plan comes to mind, as does Obama's insouciance in the face of historic unemployment levels and escalation of an unwinnable war in Afghanistan.

Politicians = self-serving rats and scum.

Want a reason to vote GOP in this election and Democrat in the next? Gridlock. Let them tie each other in knots and give the rest of the country a friggin break...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2010, 08:49 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,852,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
So, who was the "Republican establishment", precisely?
Reagan was pretty revolutionary for his time. To answer your question, probably people like Nixon. People like the ones who Reagan may have inspired in the 1980's, but who have become career politicians like so many others in Washington.

Old 10-29-2010, 08:55 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,852,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
The reason I ask is because OP is coming across pretty juvenile with all their posts and threads. It's nothing but "the liberals this and that" over and over with no substance and nothing to respond when he's proven wrong again and again. It's coming across like a young man that has a sitting on the couch of the double wide, drinking a beer yelling at the TV "Those damn liberals rable rable rable!" father that has misguided him.
More insults. Just like I predicted. (I should be making money with this somehow.)

Old 10-29-2010, 09:00 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,472,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Reagan was pretty revolutionary for his time. To answer your question, probably people like Nixon. People like the ones who Reagan may have inspired in the 1980's, but who have become career politicians like so many others in Washington.
Well, I will concede you have a (small) point. People don't remember this now, but Reagan actually got more popular votes in the 1968 primaries than Nixon--but of course Nixon had the pull. But between '68 and '72 both parties rewrote their nominating rules so much that the days of the 'back room deal' with party bosses were pretty much a thing of history. Governor Reagan fit in entirely well with the establishment of the '70s and, of course, became the establishment in the '80s.

Old 10-29-2010, 09:58 PM

888 posts, read 1,186,290 times
An apology to OzzyRules:

Sorry for being rude to you earlier.
Most of my Mother's family went into the German gas chambers.
So I'm REAL touchy about the subject.
Especially when ones opinion, doesn't jive with the actual historical events.

Steve

Old 10-30-2010, 12:29 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,011,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
It's getting pretty clear that liberals are not about helping those in need. We are already doing that. We've even begun helping those who are not so needy.

Liberals today are driven by power. (They don't want to improve things, but to control things.)

Any thoughts?
I agree. Far too many Americans fail to realize that all these governmental social programs is all about power and not about helping the little guy. If it really were about helping the little guy, then civil service employees would not be earning as much money as they do nor having more health benefits/pensions than the average Joe who is struggling to earn a living while his paycheck is being eaten alive by taxes!

Old 10-30-2010, 01:13 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,443,317 times
I have a news flash for you, Ozzy: power is the driving force behind all political movements and parties.

Old 10-30-2010, 02:36 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,447,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhound View Post
The Christians NEVER supported Hitler???
So who was guarding the concentration camps and running the "showers" and ovens......Muslims???
Awkward when you don't know jack sh_t, ain't it?

Steve
Quote:
But we know- and not just from Indiana Jones movies- that the Nazis were fascinated with finding lost mystical relics, particularly those associated with Christianity. That is unusual, considering the anti-Christian bias of the Nazis, who felt that everything wrong with the West (pacifism, belief in equality, etc.) had been rammed down its throat by Christianity, an 'alien' religion from the Orient.

It is not known whether the Nazis really ever searched for the Ark of the Covenant, though there are tantalizing hints that they may well have been laying out blueprints for a search of northern Africa and Egypt for that Jewish relic. Why they thought they might enlist the gods of their enemies in their destruction is not clear.
THE OCCULT AND THE THIRD REICH (http://www2.fiu.edu/~mizrachs/occult-reich.html - broken link)

Old 10-30-2010, 02:44 AM

783 posts, read 814,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
The reason I ask is because OP is coming across pretty juvenile with all their posts and threads. It's nothing but "the liberals this and that" over and over with no substance and nothing to respond when he's proven wrong again and again. It's coming across like a young man that has a sitting on the couch of the double wide, drinking a beer yelling at the TV "Those damn liberals rable rable rable!" father that has misguided him.
I agree this is a typical right wing thread liberals this liberals that conservative right wingers like to blame their own shortcomings on liberals.

Old 10-30-2010, 03:07 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,269,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
I agree this is a typical right wing thread liberals this liberals that conservative right wingers like to blame their own shortcomings on liberals.
This whole topic is just another rightwingers platform to bash/hate any fellow American that happens to think left of center.
Basically an American political view according to Ozzie whos opinion seems to cast all Liberals as bad and all Republicans as good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies