Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 10:30 AM

4,145 posts, read 10,427,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunseek1 View Post

http://www.visioncritical.com/wp-con....15_Origin.pdf

And people wonder why America is in decline?
One could also surmise that the reason Canada and England are IN the toilet and the USA is on its way to join them is that there are so many folks turning away from God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2010, 10:31 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,382,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean that a "creator" did it.
This is true, and I don't look down on anyone who doesn't believe a creator did it.

But, do you look down on those who believe a creator did it? After all, until hard evidence is found either way, then all possibilities are equally plausible, correct?

I never said the creator had to be an all powerful God being, as is listed in religious texts around the world.

Old 11-01-2010, 10:32 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,615,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langlen View Post
There's a reason why we're sure about evolution.

It's as close to "proven" in science as it gets.

However, I don't have any problem with people who believe a "creator" sparked evolution.
Except the absolutely gaping holes in the fossil record, the idiocy of believing in abiogenesis, etc...

It's about as "proven" as the tooth fairy.

Old 11-01-2010, 10:33 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,304,611 times
Why is it that atheists always harp about creationism vs evolution like they are constantly trying to convert people to their belief system? I've never known a Christian to care a whole lot about what happened thousands or Billions of years ago. It has ZERO impact on our lives today.

Old 11-01-2010, 10:33 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
We are a society free enough that individuals can believe anything they want. Even if it is complete nonsense like Creationism.

Old 11-01-2010, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
Why is it that atheists always harp about creationism vs evolution like they are constantly trying to convert people to their belief system? I've never known a Christian to care a whole lot about what happened thousands or Billions of years ago. It has ZERO impact on our lives today.
Now, I do have to disagree here.

I've known several Christians who will not tolerate anything other than a 6,000 year old view of the world.

And if its not important, then why do candidates talk about it, school boards wanting to teach creationism, etc.

The fact is, there is 0 evidence that there is a creator, none. Its a personal belief, one I hold, but that doesn't mean it should be taught in school.

To some people, the literal translation of the bible as being 100% Gods words is the most important thing in their lives. Their faith is so shaken by even saying that the bible is 99.9% correct, that they fight that chance whole heartedly.

Old 11-01-2010, 10:38 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,043,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
Except the absolutely gaping holes in the fossil record, the idiocy of believing in abiogenesis, etc...

It's about as "proven" as the tooth fairy.
Please, point out said gaping holes.

And abiogenesis has no relevance on evolution, even if we've created life from non-life in a laboratory setting.

Old 11-01-2010, 10:38 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,615,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
The fact is, there is 0 evidence that there is a creator, none. Its a personal belief, one I hold, but that doesn't mean it should be taught in school.
Explain how the universe began, please. That's a huge bit of evidence for a creator.

Old 11-01-2010, 10:42 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,043,339 times
Quote:
Explain how the universe began, please. That's a huge bit of evidence for a creator.
Irrelevant to evolution.

Old 11-01-2010, 10:42 AM

Quote:
There is evidence that the Universe began in a large "bang" of some kind. The Universe is expanding from a central location, and it appears to still be accelerating.

This is how we know that the Universe began from a single spot.

But what caused that big bang, is anyones guess. It could be a creator, it could be a dimensional touch, it could be a singularity expanding, I don't know.

No one knows, thats the problem with Hawkings "Theory of everything".

And no, there isn't evidence of that, or a creator. As such, the theory of creation should not be taught in school.

Just like evolution, the big bang theory doesn't tell you how the universe began, but it explains everything after the point of expansion. Evolution doesn't explain the creation of life, but it does explain the diversity of life on the planet.

But teaching in schools that you know how the Universe began with no proof, is silly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies