Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 11:22 PM

436 posts, read 954,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Remember back to the time after 9/11 when the Repubs said it was "patriotic" for Americans to lose their right to freedom and privacy....and pushed through the ill-named "Patriot Act" using the fear and cowardice of the American populace.

Remember the Repubs said that "if you haven't done anything wrong you don't have to worry".

You reap what you sow.

Absolutely correct.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2010, 11:24 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,929,707 times
What the repubs installed, the Dems enhanced. Both parties have betrayed the citizens in this regard. They are both shameful.

Old 11-03-2010, 11:24 PM

436 posts, read 954,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jareb View Post
I agree with you 100%.....why then hasnt the Democratic controlled congress and the Democrat president repealed the Patriot Act? They could have repealed it along party lines without a single Repub vote.

Because the Democrats like control just as much the Republicans.

Control the population through fear even if it means stripping civil liberties.

Old 11-04-2010, 02:52 PM

3,644 posts, read 6,304,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightAttendant View Post
Another thing that just kills me: ramp agents, restaurant workers, etc, are not screened. They have a pass-through which allows them to by-pass the TSA in most airports. Gee, that's safe.
Yes, and this is the most rediculous part of all. So some jihadist just needs to get a job loading the meals on planes and he can just wheel his bomb out there in the cart? great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
I have to ask - is there a LOWER age limit for this procedure, because I'd be damned if I would stand there and watch one my minor children/grandchildren being subjected to this "pat down". If it's traumatic for an adult, imagine how it would feel for a child.
There is no minimum age and teenagers now have the same choice as the rest of us: radiation plus a stranger in a dark room looking at a virtual stripsearch picture of her or getting groped by TSA.

I'm flying from Houston to Miami next week. I am not looking forward to the airport experience.

Old 11-04-2010, 02:58 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,839,560 times
So they honestly think CHILDREN pose a terrorist threat?

lvd is right - they've gone mad

Old 11-04-2010, 03:19 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Someone tell me what they're going to do when someone decides to hide a packet of C4 up their hooha...now what?

Old 11-04-2010, 03:21 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,318,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Someone tell me what they're going to do when someone decides to hide a packet of C4 up their hooha...now what?
Is C4 the same consistency as shytguck?

Old 11-04-2010, 04:08 PM

3,644 posts, read 6,304,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
So they honestly think CHILDREN pose a terrorist threat?

lvd is right - they've gone mad
Jihadists HAVE used their own children for suicide bombs in the past. Remember the ONLY gurrantee Mohammad gave for getting in to paradise was being martyred in jihad. You can be a pious Muslim and pray, and follow the five pillars of the religion but if you do not participate in jihad then you are not gurranteed of getting in to paradise. That is a strong incentive to participate.

Taliban actively training child suicide bombers - Jihad Watch

palestinian child martyrs children suicide bombers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies