Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2010, 12:01 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
So if it is meaningless to you or me, you really prove the point it is only being served for Mulsim religious reasons. What happened to separation of church and state?

Why can't they just serve plain food? Why does the food have to be Halal?????????
They DO serve plain food. And peanut-free food, too. That's why there are five menus.

Old 11-02-2010, 12:01 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,239,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I thought all the Islamophobes had gone back into their closets. Not so, I guess.
Stating that halal is religious requirement makes me an islamophobe?

This BS isn't working any more liberals, you guys are beign voted out of office now. Accusing everyone who doesn't agree with you of being a bigot gets you BOOTED from office.

Old 11-02-2010, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
They DO serve plain food. And peanut-free food, too. That's why there are five menus.
The majority of them are halal. And do you think the meats offered for the "non halal" menu are actually different? They'll buy two sets of meats when they could only buy one?

The reality is that all the food is halal. A religious food requirement of muslims, being accomodated by the public school system with tax dollars.

First amendment violation.

Old 11-02-2010, 12:04 PM

494 posts, read 890,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
I remind you, AGAIN. EVERY single person who eats Halal, eats it for religious reasons.

SUMMARY:

ALL Halal food eaters eat Halal for SOLELY religious reasons.

Your failboat has arrived.

I am an atheist. I eat halal food at theocal Mediterranean deli. I eat kosher food at the local Jewish deli. I eat vegetarian food at a restaurant run by buddhists.

I consume none of these meals for religious purposes, nor does eating them make me Muslim, Jewish, or Buddhist.

You fail at logic.

Old 11-02-2010, 12:05 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,476,501 times
Quote:
Stating that halal is religious requirement makes me an islamophobe?
No, pretending Muslims are preferentially treated in the U.S. makes you an uninformed dunderhead.

Old 11-02-2010, 12:06 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
WRong. It impacts the options you have.

I'm not positive about the aspects of being halal other than pork being banned per se, and I guess the only other thing is method of slaughter.

If it's anything like kashrut laws, which I don't think it is, because kashrut is more strict, there's a lot more in it than you think. If you have a kosher kitche, you need TWO of everything. Two stoves, two overs, two fridges, to separate the meats from dairy items. You need different plates, and you can never put one item on the wrong kind of thing.

Do these school districts use disposable plates etc in this age of environmentalism? I dont think so, so if something nonkosher ever touched the plate, the plate is ruined. Same with the eating utensils.

This adds costs. Thta is why kosher food is so expensive, and why it's so expensive to keep kosher.

If your district were to have a kosher menue, shellfish would be completely off the menu, pork, and any mixing of milk with meat (meaning, no cheeseburgers, no meats on pizza). If you brought in your own pepperoni and put it on the kosher pizza, on the plate, you'd ruin the plate...

If Halal rules are anywhere similiar to kashrut, then it does impact a lot more than you think.

Plus, say if you are an animal rights activist or something?? If all of their meat is halal, which some here think, the animal, like in kashrut, is slaughtered a certain way which some think is quite cruel.

YOu are fine with that?
Yes, I'm fine with that. The school provides students with choices. The choices are what the students want. What the students have requested. The school has a budget, they stay within that budget. They may have switched some suppliers, may have reorganized their kitchens to make this work. But they did make it work. You don't have children in that school district, so what's your issue with it? It just bothers you that some schools have Muslim students?

Old 11-02-2010, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occam's Bikini Wax View Post
Your failboat has arrived.

I am an atheist. I eat halal food at theocal Mediterranean deli. I eat kosher food at the local Jewish deli. I eat vegetarian food at a restaurant run by buddhists.

I consume none of these meals for religious purposes, nor does eating them make me Muslim, Jewish, or Buddhist.

You fail at logic.

You know what I mean.

You ate it because it was what they had. Muslims are REQUIRED to eat it. That's why the schools are "accomodating" them.

Old 11-02-2010, 12:08 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,859,642 times
Quote:
Why do they have a Halal menu? Halal is eaten for religious reasons. Thus, religion is being brought into school. What about separation of church and state???? How can religious meals be funded with taxpayer dollars?????

Old 11-02-2010, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
No, pretending Muslims are preferentially treated in the U.S. makes you an uninformed dunderhead.
Really, let me know where christians can pray IN schools like muslims can, multiple times per day, then get back to me.

Old 11-02-2010, 12:10 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,859,642 times
Quote:
Peanut free menus are for HEALTH reason. Halal menus are for RELIGIOUS reasons. What happened to separation of church and state?????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies