Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 08:53 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,239,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
This is the first hit from Google. I'm not going to waste my time with more, but you go ahead. Oh, and I live in the south, smack dab in the middle of the Bible Belt, and we do not have pork on the lunch menu.

http://greatneck.k12.ny.us/gnps/page...entarymenu.pdf

So Jewish kids get to eat only 2 days a week?

There's no way in hell it's actually kosher either, given they are no doubt not using separate ovens for the "chicken nuggets" and "pizza"

What do the jewish kids do on the other 3 days of the week?

Old 11-01-2010, 08:56 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,562,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
So Jewish kids get to eat only 2 days a week?

There's no way in hell it's actually kosher either, given they are no doubt not using separate ovens for the "chicken nuggets" and "pizza"

What do the jewish kids do on the other 3 days of the week?
So you say no public schools have Kosher meals. I prove that areas with higher percentage of Jewish kids do have Kosher meals, then you say, well they can't really be Kosher meals. Truly unbelievable.

Old 11-01-2010, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
So you say no public schools have Kosher meals. I prove that areas with higher percentage of Jewish kids do have Kosher meals, then you say, well they can't really be Kosher meals. Truly unbelievable.

That's a kosher "option" which exists 2 out 5 days a week. Dearborn has multiple different Halal menus, for every day of the week, and apparently only one "regular" option which isn't going to include pork, because they banned pork from the cafeterias.

Did the Great Neck schools ban pork because Jews don't eat pork because it's not kosher?

Old 11-01-2010, 09:07 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,563,668 times
another anti Muslim thread I see! In Miami certain schools have Kosher meals for Jewish kids and some schools serve Arroz con pollo for the hispanic kids! Who cares? Don't you want kids to eat what they like or are used too?

Old 11-01-2010, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
another anti Muslim thread I see! In Miami certain schools have Kosher meals for Jewish kids and some schools serve Arroz con pollo for the hispanic kids! Who cares? Don't you want kids to eat what they like or are used too?
Arroz con pollo is not religious. Kosher/Halal is.

If the liberals here were about keeping religious out of schools like they claim they are (especially for things like prayer, etc) they would oppose religious based lunch menus in public schools. I'm jewish, and I oppose kosher food in public schools.

Bring your own food if you want to eat kosher food. It's not going to be kosher anyways the way they serve it in a cafeteria.

Old 11-01-2010, 09:30 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
Arroz con pollo is not religious. Kosher/Halal is.

If the liberals here were about keeping religious out of schools like they claim they are (especially for things like prayer, etc) they would oppose religious based lunch menus in public schools. I'm jewish, and I oppose kosher food in public schools.

Bring your own food if you want to eat kosher food. It's not going to be kosher anyways the way they serve it in a cafeteria.
Funny huh? You'd think that the liberals on here would be all over the Dearborn school for serving food that has a religious motive behind it. As for the comment that schools are locally funded, um no they are not. Yes much of their funds are from local property taxes, but they also receive federal and state funding in case you haven't noticed. Schools are not 100% funded by local property taxes, therefore fall into the jurisdiction according to the ACLU, of separation of church and state. Halal food IS religious food whether you like it or not. Just like installing footbaths at an airport DOES have a religious motivation behind it even though the biased ACLU thinks it doesn't. Who else uses footbaths? Honestly. Especially since it was installed AFTER Muslim cab drivers in K.C. complained about not having them. The liberals' bias and ignorance is extremely blatant in this topic. Oh and by the way, to whoever called betamanlet a racist for starting this thread, ISLAM IS NOT A RACE IT'S A RELIGION. No one can choose to be Arab, but anyone can choose to be Muslim

Old 11-01-2010, 09:48 AM

1,476 posts, read 2,024,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
If meat is served on Friday, the Catholic kids can choose not to eat it.
C'mon EVERYBODY can CHOOSE to bring a lunch from home if their religion or dietary restrictions call for it. Why are only SOME being offered or made available a publically funded menu to suit their religious needs? THAT is the question.

Old 11-01-2010, 09:54 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaBMe View Post
C'mon EVERYBODY can CHOOSE to bring a lunch from home if their religion or dietary restrictions call for it. Why are only SOME being offered or made available a publically funded menu to suit their religious needs? THAT is the question.
Because it's quite apparent that only one group at that school needs a special dietary menu. If you have evidence that the school rejected making special dietary meals for another group, then present it. Otherwise, you're not making any sense.

Old 11-01-2010, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaBMe View Post
I guess technically perishability might be an issue?

But even with refrigerators, you'd need to segregate kosher from nonkosher, and milk and dairy for kosher, meaning a lot of fridges.

Old 11-01-2010, 09:56 AM

2,476 posts, read 2,603,629 times
1st off...How about we have a english only policy in this country.

Common language would strengthen our country........Guess thats why Dems hate the idea!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies