Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2010, 11:44 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,097,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozgal View Post
no, it is a child after being born.

Until men can carry babies, yeah it's the womans choice. Which is why the males should protect themselves.
1. Why?
2. If it's not a child/human what is it; a potato? a chevrolet? a cantaloupe? 100% human dna, mom and dad are both humans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2010, 11:45 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,560,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
How does murdering the baby help heal the pain of a heinous and violent act? To me that seems like twice the horror. Why should the baby have to die, he/she did nothing wrong and is just as worthy and precious as a baby that was conceived out of love.
I didn't say she should murder her baby. You pro-lifers will manage to do that quite successfully after the baby is born with the present lack of services. I was talking about if she could no longer obtain an abortion, how do you expect a mother to raise a child that is the product of a rape in an emotionally healthy environment? And how would you best like to deal with the life-long emotional issues that the child is going to endure knowing he/she is the product of a rape?

Old 11-01-2010, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I didn't say she should murder her baby. You pro-lifers will manage to do that quite successfully after the baby is born with the present lack of services. I was talking about if she could no longer obtain an abortion, how do you expect a mother to raise a child that is the product of a rape in an emotionally healthy environment? And how would you best like to deal with the life-long emotional issues that the child is going to endure knowing he/she is the product of a rape?
Adoption

Old 11-01-2010, 11:51 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,111,231 times
Quote:
Well, since you support abortion, you must think yourself insane.
No.

From the "Medical Dictionary"

Fetus: The unborn offspring from the end of the 8th week after conception (when the major structures have formed) until birth. Up until the eighth week, the developing offspring is called an embryo.

A child:

chil·dren (chĭl'drən).
    1. A person between birth and puberty.
    2. A person who has not attained maturity or the age of legal majority.
Quote:
1. Why?
2. If it's not a child/human what is it; a potato? a chevrolet? a cantaloupe? 100% human dna, mom and dad are both humans.
it is a fetus.

now I have answered your inane questions, please advise your stance on below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I notice this thread has veered completely off topic. So for the pro-lifers here, what is your position on services that would help once these children are born? Free health care for children? Increasing the Child Welfare budgets? State-subsidized child-care?

Old 11-01-2010, 11:51 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
I am not a pro-lifer and won't ever be one unless and until they formally and unanimously drop the position that abortion should not even be allowed in cases of rape or incest. However, I have to say that in THIS argument, I am squarely on their side.

Unless a woman is raped, she is consenting to sexual activity. Since she is the one who can get pregnant, the responsibility falls on her to prevent it. No, it's not fair, but that's just the biological reality of the situation. If it makes you angry, go argue with nature.

I do NOT have responsibility for any lives YOU choose to create, either intentionally or by default because you are too stupid or irresponsible to use effective contraception.
And if bc fails?
And if the person is drug addict, or otherwise incapable of raising a child?
Are you adopting these unwanteds? Are you supporting WIC and other programs for kids, high-risk kids, FAS kids?

The woman has control, through whatever means she choses, to end a pregnancy. It''s absolutely none of your business what she chooses to do with her body. None.
Would you like people to tell you what to do with yours? Tell you to lose 15 pounds, for example?

It's all a matter of your (generic) wanting to punish and control women.

Abortion has been around since the beginning of time and will be around until the end of time.
This is a red herring issue in the control and punishment of women.
I'm always surprised when other women buy into it.

Old 11-01-2010, 11:53 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
No it isn't always the woman's fault or the guy's fault, but as I'm sure you know "it takes two to tango." Basically the way I see it is like this. It is only the woman's fault if the man wants to have sex and she doesn't but does anyway, or if the man wants to have sex without a condom. Sure some men want these things but if the woman doesn't want sex, she can say no, and if she wants him to wear a condom she can say no sex without a condom. If the man continues anyway if she says no thats rape. If she for whatever reason doesn't have the backbone to say no, well then thats on her.

Same applies to guys. If a woman wants to have sex with him and he doesn't want to, he can say no, if she does it anyway that is rape (and please don't come back and tell me men cannot get raped). If a woman wants to have sex without a condom and he says no, and she does anyway, rape. If the man doesn't have a backbone to say no, thats on him.

How is what I just said wrong?

I have not donated to welfare, yet, primarily because at the moment I don't have much money to give, BUT I have many times in the past contributed towards the food banks at the church I used to go to. I helped build it, and paint it, and I have on more than one occasion donated some food to it. I have also helped to maintain it, organize it, discard any perishable expired goods, etc. I plan on donating to planned parenthood in the future when I get a job again.

Also my religion does not influence my thoughts on this issue primarily because I see it as having more than a few errors and I am slightly agnostic so I don't believe everything that my religion tells me.
So, you not only want to control women, their choices and force them to breed; you want to be in their bedroom or back seat of the van or whatever.
It's none of your business. Zip, nada.

Old 11-02-2010, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozgal View Post
No.

From the "Medical Dictionary"

Fetus: The unborn offspring from the end of the 8th week after conception (when the major structures have formed) until birth. Up until the eighth week, the developing offspring is called an embryo.

A child:

chil·dren (chĭl'drən).
    1. A person between birth and puberty.
    2. A person who has not attained maturity or the age of legal majority.

it is a fetus.

now I have answered your inane questions, please advise your stance on below:
A fetus is a baby human. You support the murder of a pre-born human, all in the name of choice. I support all ngo's that help poor mothers, and have given money to them.

Old 11-02-2010, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
And if bc fails?
And if the person is drug addict, or otherwise incapable of raising a child?
Are you adopting these unwanteds? Are you supporting WIC and other programs for kids, high-risk kids, FAS kids?

The woman has control, through whatever means she choses, to end a pregnancy. It''s absolutely none of your business what she chooses to do with her body. None.
Would you like people to tell you what to do with yours? Tell you to lose 15 pounds, for example?

It's all a matter of your (generic) wanting to punish and control women.

Abortion has been around since the beginning of time and will be around until the end of time.
This is a red herring issue in the control and punishment of women.
I'm always surprised when other women buy into it.
And now we have radical leftists comparing pre-born babies to fat, just when I thought it couldn't get any nuttier.

Old 11-02-2010, 12:44 AM

379 posts, read 211,510 times
Quote:
A fetus is a baby human. You support the murder of a pre-born human, all in the name of choice. I support all ngo's that help poor mothers, and have given money to them.
Again, do you consider human life sacred?

Old 11-02-2010, 12:54 AM

379 posts, read 211,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
I believe innocent life deserves protection. Do not attempt to twist my words.
You DID NOT answer the question. Do you think life is sacred? I'm not attempting to "twist" your words. Why don't you mind your own business and "protect" any "innocent life" inside your body, and let other women make their own decisions? Is it a "god complex" which compels people to try to dictate to other people what they should do with their own bodies I wonder.

Why won't you answer the question?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies