Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2010, 05:53 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
At the moment I am out of a job so I don't donate money. But I do donate my time to my local church's food pantry. I have helped stock it, organize it, clean it, build it, paint it more than a few times. Once I get a job again and regain my financial footing I plan on donating to PP.
I believe the thread was more about public services, which ones would you use your vote to support.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2010, 07:24 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,852,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I believe the thread was more about public services, which ones would you use your vote to support.
Any that can help provide better lives for babies living with their parents or in the adoption system. One of the tricky things about me is that you can't really throw me into the Republican corner because the only thing about me that is Republican is my view on Gun rights (for the most part) and abortion.

Oh and before anyone asks. Yes I think all life is sacred. Yes I oppose the death penalty, and yes I am against the needless wars going on overseas at the moment. Good luck trying to make me a hypocrite somehow.

Old 11-02-2010, 08:52 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,545,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
During our homeless advocacy workshop, I started thinking about all the Right to Life signs and decals I've seen. With the information that human services were the first to be cut in the states' and counties' budget reviews, I wondered where you stand on helping people.

How many of you that vote Pro-life are supporting your local homeless shelters? Food banks? Health reform?

If you are going to claim life for the unborn, shouldn't the life be a good one?
So if I don't line up with those things, we should murder the defenseless babies in the womb?? Is that that your point.

Old 11-02-2010, 08:56 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,545,862 times
Quote:
Any that can help provide better lives for babies living with their parents or in the adoption system. One of the tricky things about me is that you can't really throw me into the Republican corner because the only thing about me that is Republican is my view on Gun rights (for the most part) and abortion.

Oh and before anyone asks. Yes I think all life is sacred. Yes I oppose the death penalty, and yes I am against the needless wars going on overseas at the moment. Good luck trying to make me a hypocrite somehow.

You know how you can show that you value human life?? You put the highest price tag on it. Therefore there is nothing you can possiblly re-pay the life that you took, other than with your own life.

Old 11-02-2010, 09:19 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,852,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
You know how you can show that you value human life?? You put the highest price tag on it. Therefore there is nothing you can possiblly re-pay the life that you took, other than with your own life.
This isn't a thread about the death penalty so I'm not going to be discussing this with you here.

Old 11-02-2010, 09:34 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
I think all poor women deserve help. Those that choose to have the child and those that do not.

Tax payer money should also fund birth control and abortion services for the poor.

A women should not be denied the right to contol her own body because she is poor.

Old 11-02-2010, 09:41 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
Yes, where did these wonderful sane people come from? I usually answer one of these threads with such answers and then get slaughtered by hateful people. Has today's election brought hope and normal thinking back to America?

Old 11-03-2010, 02:05 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I guess gawd isn't all that nice and loving then, eh?

He/she/it kills whoever he/she/it desires.

And that is the smartest statement you will ever make. Sorry you do not like it but God is the author of life and death. He made you and only He knows the hour of your death. Of course, He would hope no one else kills you before your time, but it does happen. With abortions and murder of every type.

I don't see it as being "not all that nice or loving" God takes us in His own good time. There is worse things than death, namely eternal damnation. God knows the right time for death and only He knows the reason. We won't understand until we die but we will understand one day.

God knows best and we need to leave it to God.

Old 11-03-2010, 02:13 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I notice this thread has veered completely off topic. So for the pro-lifers here, what is your position on services that would help once these children are born? Free health care for children? Increasing the Child Welfare budgets? State-subsidized child-care?
You are making the leap that these babies would be a drain on society. Very rich women and well off women have babies they have aborted. Not all of them would have ended up on welfare.

Adoption is available for most babies if women would just let them be adopted. People who want to adopt are crying for the chance to have these babies and they are adopting older children but there is still not enough children out there to adopt for adopting couples.

So we have girls and women who do not need to worry about their child ending up on welfare but they still abort---why? One answer is they do not want the child to be around to cause them a problem---whatever that means. Abortions can be very selfish when you think of it.

Old 11-03-2010, 02:19 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
But if we (pro-lifers) say that about women, you through a hissy-fit right? How does that work?

Oh and before you come back and start saying I think its all women's fault, you may want to check a previous post by me in this thread where I pointed out how I think it is the responsibility of the man AND woman.

Red: LOL You need to read up on how babies are made. I'm surprised you didn't know this but the woman also has something called an egg that needs to be fertilized by that sperm. Without that egg, no pregnancy.
A woman's body possesses eggs, without fertilization by SPERM, they will not be fertilized and then be expelled by the body.

With the introduction of SPERM, fertilization of an egg can occur.

Without SPERM, fertilization will not occur.

I thought you'd understand that.
I learned it in 8th grade biology in Catholic school.
____
BTW, you're not pro-life; you're simply anti-choice.
Words to matter.
You want to choose what I do with my body.
You don't get to make that choice for me, or for anyone else.

Quote:
Read some philosophy. Take a philosophy of religion class at your local community college. Its not just simple answers your looking for and definitely worthy of its own thread.
So you invoke this illusive god thing, that is your opinion, with no proof ...
I don't have to prove anything, you're the one who invoked a god.
It is worth its own thread, in the religion folder.
I suggest you invoke your god myth there, where it's appropriate, not in anything that involves me or my body.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies