Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2010, 02:19 PM

1,324 posts, read 1,197,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
And that is the smartest statement you will ever make. Sorry you do not like it but God is the author of life and death. He made you and only He knows the hour of your death. Of course, He would hope no one else kills you before your time, but it does happen. With abortions and murder of every type.

I don't see it as being "not all that nice or loving" God takes us in His own good time. There is worse things than death, namely eternal damnation. God knows the right time for death and only He knows the reason. We won't understand until we die but we will understand one day.

God knows best and we need to leave it to God.
This is the best post I have seen on city-data , thank you for making my day .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2010, 02:27 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Quote:
And that is the smartest statement you will ever make. Sorry you do not like it but God is the author of life and death. He made you and only He knows the hour of your death. Of course, He would hope no one else kills you before your time, but it does happen. With abortions and murder of every type.

I don't see it as being "not all that nice or loving" God takes us in His own good time. There is worse things than death, namely eternal damnation. God knows the right time for death and only He knows the reason. We won't understand until we die but we will understand one day.

For ford's sake, take it to the religion forum.
There's no proof of a god thing.

Funny how you wrap your god myth up in hatred.

Quote:
You are making the leap that these babies would be a drain on society. Very rich women and well off women have babies they have aborted. Not all of them would have ended up on welfare.

Adoption is available for most babies if women would just let them be adopted. People who want to adopt are crying for the chance to have these babies and they are adopting older children but there is still not enough children out there to adopt for adopting couples.

So we have girls and women who do not need to worry about their child ending up on welfare but they still abort---why? One answer is they do not want the child to be around to cause them a problem---whatever that means. Abortions can be very selfish when you think of it.
It's not your choice to make.
It never will be. Abortion is not going anywhere.

But tell me, what do you do to support unwanted babies? Adopt them? Support legislation to care for unwanted babies, WIC, Section 8 housing, daycare, head-start programs?

Or are you just another right to life until birther?

Old 11-03-2010, 02:38 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times
We see where Obama and the Dems want to take us on abortion. They want to make it free and open for all women. Who picks up the tab? Talk about the slippery slope. So if you want pro-lifers to pay the tab, get use to pro-lifers having a say for where their money is spent.

Plus pro-life people have had to pick up for abortion's horror since it became legal. Daughter's who are sorry they got an abortion. Remember the case of a girl that was taken by a teacher to get an abortion and the mother never knew her daughter was pregnant. You can't give an aspirin to a child without a parent's ok but can take the child to abort her baby.

You can say an illegal abortion would have been worse but back when legal abortion was not available most women had their babies when they got pregnant. If one knows they will have to deal with consequences of their actions they are more careful what they do in the first place.

Old 11-03-2010, 02:38 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,569,482 times
Quote:

Then god knows if someone is about to get aborted right? Why does he let the girl get pregnant? If he is so all mighty, he could prevent it, right?

And those that are aborted, they go straight to heaven right? Isn't that what people want? To be closer to gawd?

Old 11-03-2010, 02:50 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,556,847 times
Quote:
You are making the leap that these babies would be a drain on society. Very rich women and well off women have babies they have aborted. Not all of them would have ended up on welfare.
They would end up unloved and unwanted. What kind of life is that? It makes no difference what the mother's class or income is.

Quote:
Adoption is available for most babies if women would just let them be adopted. People who want to adopt are crying for the chance to have these babies and they are adopting older children but there is still not enough children out there to adopt for adopting couples.
Yeah, yeah, yeah, that is why there are 100,000 children currently in the foster care system looking for loving homes. Guess the pro-lifers who are continuously extolling the virtues of adoption need to be adopting more. Are these children not valuable or appealing to the pro-lifers? What's the deal. Perhaps you all can get more involved in the quality of life of these living kids, and prove that you really mean it. Vote for candidates that aim to increase budgets for CPS, head-start, better school meals, you know all those things most conservatives complain about endlessly.

Quote:
So we have girls and women who do not need to worry about their child ending up on welfare but they still abort---why? One answer is they do not want the child to be around to cause them a problem---whatever that means. Abortions can be very selfish when you think of it.
I'd say that it is the pro-life camp that is extremely selfish. Who are you to decide that someone must raise a child they do not want, or even carry a pregnancy to term because you want them to be a human incubator?

Old 11-03-2010, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Plus pro-life people have had to pick up for abortion's horror since it became legal. Daughter's who are sorry they got an abortion.
Says you. Sorry, but that's just not always the case. I know the pro-life tear-jerker movies say it's so, but it isn't.

Quote:
You can say an illegal abortion would have been worse but back when legal abortion was not available most women had their babies when they got pregnant. If one knows they will have to deal with consequences of their actions they are more careful what they do in the first place.
Sorry, but this is ridiculous. Do some research. Many women died getting abortions prior to Roe v. Wade.

Old 11-03-2010, 03:00 PM

Default Another right to life until birther

Quote:
We see where Obama and the Dems want to take us on abortion. They want to make it free and open for all women. Who picks up the tab? Talk about the slippery slope. So if you want pro-lifers to pay the tab, get use to pro-lifers having a say for where their money is spent.

Plus pro-life people have had to pick up for abortion's horror since it became legal. Daughter's who are sorry they got an abortion. Remember the case of a girl that was taken by a teacher to get an abortion and the mother never knew her daughter was pregnant. You can't give an aspirin to a child without a parent's ok but can take the child to abort her baby.

I take it you choose not to answer the questions I asked and the the OP asked for those of you who are anti-choice.
That says a lot.

You can help pay for an abortion if the person is in need; or you can pay for some unwanted kids for the rest of their lives.
You can withhold support all you want thereby withholding a chance at a successful life.

How many unwanted FAS, disabled or crackhead babies have you adopted?

I'd say none; so you're not part of the solution.
That makes you part of the problem.

Old 11-03-2010, 03:13 PM

Default Here's a little history on abortion

National Abortion Federation: History of Abortion
Abortion has been performed for thousands of years, and in every society that has been studied. It was legal in the United States from the time the earliest settlers arrived. At the time the Constitution was adopted, abortions before "quickening" were openly advertised and commonly performed.

Making Abortion Illegal
In the mid-to-late 1800s states began passing laws that made abortion illegal. The motivations for anti-abortion laws varied from state to state. One of the reasons included fears that the population would be dominated by the children of newly arriving immigrants, whose birth rates were higher than those of "native" Anglo-Saxon women.

The History of Abortion Before Roe V Wade - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com
My part in the history of abortion dates back to the sixties, before Roe V. Wade. Although I never had one, illegal abortion was extremely common and the majority of my friends had had at least one. It is estimated that at this time about 1.2 million illegal abortions were performed in the United States each year.

The long history of abortion dates back to ancient Egypt and then to Greece and Rome. Early Christians were generally against abortion, partially in reaction against Pagan practices.

Yep, it's the religious who wanted to be in control, nothing else.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/03/he...ws/03essa.html
There I saw and treated almost every complication of illegal abortion that one could conjure, done either by the patient herself or by an abortionist — often unknowing, unskilled and probably uncaring. Yet the patient never told us who did the work, or where and under what conditions it was performed. She was in dire need of our help to complete the process or, as frequently was the case, to correct what damage might have been done.

The patient also did not explain why she had attempted the abortion, and we did not ask. This was a decision she made for herself, and the reasons were hers alone. Yet this much was clear: The woman had put herself at total risk, and literally did not know whether she would live or die.

This, too, was clear: Her desperate need to terminate a pregnancy was the driving force behind the selection of any method available.
<snip>
The familiar symbol of illegal abortion is the infamous “coat hanger” — which may be the symbol, but is in no way a myth. In my years in New York, several women arrived with a hanger still in place. Whoever put it in — perhaps the patient herself — found it trapped in the cervix and could not remove it.

But this thread is about the services you're willing to supply to unwanted children, you know, those already born.

Old 11-03-2010, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I take it you choose not to answer the questions I asked and the the OP asked for those of you who are anti-choice.
That says a lot.

You can help pay for an abortion if the person is in need; or you can pay for some unwanted kids for the rest of their lives.
You can withhold support all you want thereby withholding a chance at a successful life.

How many unwanted FAS, disabled or crackhead babies have you adopted?

I'd say none; so you're not part of the solution.
That makes you part of the problem.
You nailed it. They are prenatal pro-lifers.

I am so tired of hearing about all the loving homes just waiting to adopt these cutesy wittle babies. If there are so many people desperately waiting to adopt, why do we currently have 100,000 children waiting in the system to be adopted? This is nothing more than empty rhetoric regurgitated endlessly without any sincerity.

Old 11-03-2010, 03:17 PM

I'mNotSorry.net - Celebrating the right to choose
a site where women can share their positive experiences with abortion. The stories posted on this site may contain graphic descriptions of medical procedures, as well as attitudes that may not be in current vogue. We welcome visitors of all opinions as long as they are respectful of our views.

Everyone is not sorry to have had an abortion.
Many women make the best of a bad situation.

Have you adopted, do you support unwatned children by adopting them? Do you support WIC, Section 8 housing, Project Head-Start; food stamps, etc.?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies