Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 02:30 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,097,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
WOW all excellent answers. People on here are very good, intelligent people. Good going CD!!!
Truth be told, it was a really sophomoric and simple minded thread topic to begin with. Notice the op hasn't returned?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2010, 02:42 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Default Right to Life Until Birthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Not seeing the connection whatsoever. Abortion is a human rights issue. Abortion is murder. It is murder whether or not there are human services. Would you think about starting a thread asking those that are against the genocide in Darfur where they stand on human service cuts? If not why not?
No, it is not considered murder by the law.
You can look at it any way you choose.

Do you support already living people, or just the unborn.

Old 11-01-2010, 02:44 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,183,316 times
Not enough Americans understand that sex is evil and a sin. If more Americans understood this there would be less pregnancies and no need for abortion. America needs to ask god to come back.

Old 11-01-2010, 02:45 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
We always here about a woman's "choice". Do you tell them about having sex is a choice, and has consequences?
The man should keep his peter in his pants.
A woman cannot get pregnant without sperm.
Egg production is the default, sperm is the outside factor that creates pregnancy.

Funny how it's always the woman's fault, yet you want to remove her rights.

Old 11-01-2010, 02:47 PM

2,857 posts, read 6,724,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
During our homeless advocacy workshop, I started thinking about all the Right to Life signs and decals I've seen. With the information that human services were the first to be cut in the states' and counties' budget reviews, I wondered where you stand on helping people.

How many of you that vote Pro-life are supporting your local homeless shelters? Food banks? Health reform?

If you are going to claim life for the unborn, shouldn't the life be a good one?
I think you got your answer. Most "pro-lifers" are only pro-life until birth, then you're on your own. Compassionate, aren't they?

Old 11-01-2010, 03:36 PM

956 posts, read 1,114,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
No, it is not considered murder by the law.
You can look at it any way you choose.

Do you support already living people, or just the unborn.
Thank you chielgirl! Those who are pro-choice should remember that their opinion on abortion being murder is just that, an opinion. I am not justifying abortions, but there are two sides to the story... different people have different opinions on when a fetus becomes a life; screaming louder than the other side won't change that.

Old 11-01-2010, 04:02 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,239,859 times
Quote:
During our homeless advocacy workshop, I started thinking about all the Right to Life signs and decals I've seen. With the information that human services were the first to be cut in the states' and counties' budget reviews, I wondered where you stand on helping people. How many of you that vote Pro-life are supporting your local homeless shelters? Food banks? Health reform? If you are going to claim life for the unborn, shouldn't the life be a good one?
Anyone who is told by their religion that a 2-celled zygote is a full human being, more important than the adult woman (who is merely a factory for producing more humans, and believes it because they never question "authority," cannot be reasoned with.

The churches demand women all over the world pump out one baby after another, no matter whether they starve to death or no, because that is how they maximize their religion's followers/contributors. These religions cannot help out the women, since they make their money from them and other mainly poor people. If they dealt with the problems they directly caused, they wouldn't have any money left for supporting the Church bureaucracy and wealth.

Go to Rome, look at the wealth in the Vatican and the emperor lifestyles of all the Church Officials, and remember that each Parish worldwide must send money to Rome on an ongoing basis to be allowed to claim being the local Catholic Parish. Also note the 100% male power structure. Is it any wonder they care nothing about quality of life, but only of maximizing the number of people?

Old 11-01-2010, 04:03 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,571,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
The man should keep his peter in his pants.
A woman cannot get pregnant without sperm.
Egg production is the default, sperm is the outside factor that creates pregnancy.

Funny how it's always the woman's fault, yet you want to remove her rights.
AWESOME post and too true. It is always the womans fault. ALWAYS, eh?

And in my book, "pro lifers" are just hypocritical scumbags.

Look at all these hypocrites on CD screaming "ABORTION IS MURDER WAH WAH" but in the same breathe not willing to give up a cent in welfare.

Religion is a mental illness and sadly most "prolifers" believe in a sky daddy and imaginary friends.

Old 11-01-2010, 04:21 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,768,836 times
Quote:
During our homeless advocacy workshop, I started thinking about all the Right to Life signs and decals I've seen. With the information that human services were the first to be cut in the states' and counties' budget reviews, I wondered where you stand on helping people.

How many of you that vote Pro-life are supporting your local homeless shelters? Food banks? Health reform?

If you are going to claim life for the unborn, shouldn't the life be a good one?
I'm against abortion in all cases, except for cases of rape or when the life/health of the mother is in actual danger.

As for health reform, I think we need a system like France has.

Old 11-01-2010, 04:31 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,506,675 times
I have never heard any church tell women they have to have sex and produce babies. That is a lie and too funny.

Prove those who are por-life do not give to charity. Another lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies