Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 04:02 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I was responding to your lack of knowledge.
I'm not going to look at your link.

You might want to try to have a waving relationship with the topic; spewing religious bias is not my cup of tea; but it seems to be your kool-aid.
Figures---turn a blind eye.

Besides, I thought the main reason we all have is to keep abortions few and far between. If you are not working on that then you are part of the problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2010, 04:04 PM

You haven't answered me yet,----what are you doing to help women besides telling to go get an abortion? And what are you doing when theser women have children---what are you doing for the children?

Old 11-03-2010, 04:06 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,573,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
You haven't answered me yet,----what are you doing to help women besides telling to go get an abortion? And what are you doing when theser women have children---what are you doing for the children?
Who are you talking too because I did post back on the last page.

Old 11-03-2010, 04:09 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times
Quote:
I think the real question should be---pro-abortion people, where do you stand on human services?

Do you only support those programs that push abortion and why aren't you behind supporting poor women & children who need to be on welfare?
Yet again, you have refrained from answering the question. Don't worry, I know the reason why. It will make you look like a ginormous hypocrite.

Where do I stand on human services, well I have worked in maternal-child health my entire adult life. I am a midwife, I have worked in child health, both in hospitals, and in community health. I volunteer time and money to food banks. I donate my services to give out immunizations. I volunteer at head-start. I would like to see CPS receive way more money so they can increase parent-education programs, and better monitor children at risk. I would strongly support free health care for all, but especially all children.

Quote:
Why aren't you supporting women who decide to keep their babies, why do you push them to get an abortion? I thought it was pro-choice. What kind of choice is that?
I have taken care of thousands of children who are not well cared for, and way too many children who have been hurt, or worse yet murdered by their parents. I strongly believe that those children would have been better off being removed from their "mothers" when only a few cells, rather than living the horrific lives some have faced.

As I have already said my entire career revolved around women and their children. How much more supportive would you like a person to be than being a midwife? If it is not the right time for a woman to have a baby, thank goodness she has the choice not to do so.

Old 11-03-2010, 04:14 PM

There is only one thing more terrifying than a pro-abortion person and that is a midwife who prefers abortion over life. Sorry had to say it. We all know what Margaret Sanger pushed. I would rather have a Mother Theresa and her people help the poor instead.

Plus, you already know what I do to help so why do I need to tell you anything.

Old 11-03-2010, 04:17 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,573,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Yet again, you have refrained from answering the question. Don't worry, I know the reason why. It will make you look like a ginormous hypocrite.

Where do I stand on human services, well I have worked in maternal-child health my entire adult life. I am a midwife, I have worked in child health, both in hospitals, and in community health. I volunteer time and money to food banks. I donate my services to give out immunizations. I volunteer at head-start. I would like to see CPS receive way more money so they can increase parent-education programs, and better monitor children at risk. I would strongly support free health care for all, but especially all children.

I have taken care of thousands of children who are not well cared for, and way too many children who have been hurt, or worse yet murdered by their parents. I strongly believe that those children would have been better off being removed from their "mothers" when only a few cells, rather than living the horrific lives some have faced.

As I have already said my entire career revolved around women and their children. How much more supportive would you like a person to be than being a midwife? If it is not the right time for a woman to have a baby, thank goodness she has the choice not to do so.
I tried to rep you but could not.

You are sooo right. I think the real prolifers are people who support social services. Why are the so called "prolifers" against even a cent going to welfare? Forget that, they are against UHC. How is that "prolife"? If you don't have money, oh well. Just die. We don't care. We love you until you're born.

Old 11-03-2010, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I tried to rep you but could not.

You are sooo right. I think the real prolifers are people who support social services. Why are the so called "prolifers" against even a cent going to welfare? Forget that, they are against UHC. How is that "prolife"? If you don't have money, oh well. Just die. We don't care. We love you until you're born.
I guess pro-choice/abortion people love to say that. If you do not know what people do to help, then don't say anything. Don't try to make it seem they do nothing when you do not know what they do. You are making that leap when it is untrue.

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy.Rivers View Post
I love Monty Python's song about Roman Catholics"

"Every sperm is sacred...
Every sperm is great...
If a sperm is wasted...
God gets quite irate"

I listened to it today, here you go, compliments of youtube:

532 posts, read 1,055,942 times
Abortion opponents don't seem to have a very consistent set of principles or interests. While they push for restrictions of induced abortion, they're rarely interested in research into spontaneous abortion that might reduce its prevalence. If induced abortion is murderous genocide, then spontaneous abortion, logically, is a widespread disease epidemic. They also ally themselves with electoral interests that seek heavyhanded restrictions on abortion rights, despite the fact that countries with few abortion restrictions and widespread sex/contraception education have lower abortion rates, as indicated by Benagiano and Pera's Decreasing the need for abortion: challenges and constraints:

Quote:
Voluntary abortion is the most controversial act in the entire field of medical practice, although today, it is a practice that, under different conditions, has been legalized in more than 100 countries, mostly in the developed world. The United Nations has agreed that in no case should abortion be promoted as a method of family planning and, therefore, it should be utilized only when contraception has failed. Overall, 61% of humanity lives in countries where abortion is legal and widely available; 14% in countries where termination is allowed to protect a woman’s health; physical, mental, or both; 21% in countries where it can be performed only to save the mother’s life and 4% in countries where abortion is not permitted at all. Restrictive legislation, per se, does not represent a valid deterrent to prevent abortion, while it may contribute to an increase in morbidity and mortality associated with pregnancy. In addition, because abortion is outlawed, nothing is done to actively reduce the reasons leading to it. Indeed, the countries with the lowest abortion rates are those where, on the one hand, pregnancy termination is legal and, on the other, sex education and contraceptive knowledge are widely spread.
While someone can be in favor of both widespread sex/contraception education and abortion restrictions, that's not a common political position, at least in the U.S., so it would be logical for diehard anti-abortionists to ally themselves with candidates that have electoral platforms of education rather than restrictive policies.

Old 11-03-2010, 04:25 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Default There's a topic to this thread; oh yes, there is!

Quote:
Figures---turn a blind eye.

Besides, I thought the main reason we all have is to keep abortions few and far between. If you are not working on that then you are part of the problem.
I thought you don't want any woman to have an abortion.
Or have you changed your mind.

Why do I want to look at your religious drivel? Give me one reason.
I've read, heard and viewed religious drivel for a good portion of my life, and have no need or desire for more.
I've had my fill of dishonesty in the guise of religion.

Question No. 6: What human services do you support for unwanted kids or poor kids? WIC, medical care, Project Head-Start, education, housing, etc.
Do you support any of it?

That is the topic of this thread.

Quote:
You go first, it is the topic of the thread.
Oops, that's 7 times with no answer from you.

What's with the statement that I "tell women to go get an abortion? ..." - where has that been stated by anyone, other than you, that is. I'd like to see any reference in any thread at all by any pro-choice woman (or man) that remotely reflects your assertion. Link or lie?

Last edited by chielgirl; 11-03-2010 at 04:38 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies