Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2010, 11:55 PM

80 posts, read 353,723 times

Advertisements

As a US expat living in India, I recently came across this hilarious story.

The Telegraph - Calcutta (Kolkata) | Frontpage | Read his teleprompted lips

President O will be visiting India this month and the Indians are having fun with the US embassy's request for a teleprompter when he addresses the Indian parliament. Looks like president Clinton did not ask for one during his visit to India, which shows who is better with oratory skills.

I am trying to find out if Dubya asked for one when he visited, he is extremely popular with the Indians for some strange reason
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2010, 04:56 AM
C.C

2,235 posts, read 2,363,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxtech View Post
As a US expat living in India, I recently came across this hilarious story.

The Telegraph - Calcutta (Kolkata) | Frontpage | Read his teleprompted lips

President O will be visiting India this month and the Indians are having fun with the US embassy's request for a teleprompter when he addresses the Indian parliament. Looks like president Clinton did not ask for one during his visit to India, which shows who is better with oratory skills.

I am trying to find out if Dubya asked for one when he visited, he is extremely popular with the Indians for some strange reason
Hard as it is to imagine, I think Clinton even managed to speak at a grade school or two without using a teleprompter.

Old 11-02-2010, 05:21 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,368,535 times
Default Teleprompter Stimulus Bill

In a bold move today, President Obama has made a serious effort to wean himself from the teleprompter. After calling a news conference inviting the media, he issued an extensive in depth statement LIVE while NOT using the controversial device, saying "I realize it's uh, been an issue, uh for a lot of uh, people".

Since every room in the residence has a teleprompter, the safety issue has been a concern for all. The main problem - power supplies, cords everywhere, tipping over at the most inopportune times, therefore throwing off serious statements the country must hear. And with the need for a person in every room ready to type in the words he must have ready for each occasion, the children are nervous having them in the toilet and shower areas. Hallways and closets are cluttered with them as well. And when using them in private he has admitted it's a real pain to read a book at times. Having to get up, walk over to the teleprompter, flip the page and reposition it on the machine, then go back, sit down and continue. 'Sometimes, through no fault of my own, I put the book in upside down, negating my efforts and I have to start again. And Michelle has simply said 'No' to the putting up of three or four in the new garden'.

In his next Stimulus plan, he has proposed $434 billion in spending to reduce the size and scope of the devices. 'This will create thousands of jobs for people in our country. The technology is exciting, economically friendly, and frankly the seriousness of the crisis in this country regarding teleprompters must be addressed now. The issue is not and never has been having something to read from the teleprompter, there are plenty of people who type what I am supposed to say.'

'We have no time to wait. If we are to continue as a driving force in the world (of teleprompter reading), we must act boldly, swiftly and only with the complete efforts of every American will we get this job done.' he said reading from the new device he models below:

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o83/leftynot/obamaprompt1.jpg (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies