Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 01:57 AM

5,092 posts, read 8,848,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Give me a break, come on now get real! He has his own messes to contend with. Why should a President of color, get any more breaks, then the ones we have had in the past. And stop making this about Race it surely is not. It is about a President who promised us all the world on a silver platter, and we don't even have stainless steal. People's President, i hardly think so. Never saw so much division since this President took office.

He does not listen to the People, marches to the tune of his own drum. Does what he wants and to hek with all of us. Needs to concentrate on our failing downhill economy. Stop making excuses for this President, he does not deserve one. He knew when he promised each and every one of us, that he would be different, you beta he is different, does not give a rats as- about any of us.
why? because he's taxing the hell out of us? taxes are good! i love taxes!

and the "black president" thing was meant to be a joke. of course he doesn't deserve more of a break just because of his race.

Old 11-02-2010, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
Oh .. so we need to give him a break because he's black?? ..

Here's a bit of news .. I don't care what color the President is .. If he's out there screwing up, he's fair game for criticism ..

Carter did a poor job too .. and how many people do you think gave him a break because he was white?

Giving someone a break because of the color of their skin is just another form of racism that I would like to see go away ..
people need to learn how to take a joke! bad joke or not lol

Old 11-02-2010, 02:12 AM

4,002 posts, read 3,905,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
people need to learn how to take a joke! bad joke or not lol
Well then you should have posted a link .. you know .. sort of a heads-up so to speak.

It's sort of sad though, in a way .. I've been working close to Port Arthur Texas for the past year, and I can't believe how many people here voted for Obama just because he was black.

Nevermind whether or not he was even qualified .. they just thought it was time for a black President ..

And with that I'll add, yes .. this country was ready for, and could handle having a black President .. it's just too bad that we couldn't have gotten one that could do the job as President.

Old 11-02-2010, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
Well then you should have posted a link .. you know .. sort of a heads-up so to speak.

It's sort of sad though, in a way .. I've been working close to Port Arthur Texas for the past year, and I can't believe how many people here voted for Obama just because he was black.

Nevermind whether or not he was even qualified .. they just thought it was time for a black President ..

And with that I'll add, yes .. this country was ready for, and could handle having a black President .. it's just too bad that we couldn't have gotten one that could do the job as President.
i mean honestly, i feel like any man of any race could've been elected and he would still be hated by many.

Old 11-02-2010, 02:25 AM

4,002 posts, read 3,905,319 times
Quote:
i mean honestly, i feel like any man of any race could've been elected and he would still be hated by many.
You're right about that, of course .. hated by the many because he didn't know what he was doing.

Even half of his own party is currently considering not nominating him for a 2012 run ..

Wingnuts and moonbats I can see, but half of his own party?

Carter was hated by the many too, but at least he had the full support of his own party for the run against Reagan ..

Old 11-02-2010, 05:42 AM

44,630 posts, read 61,620,191 times
During the last election people wanted change from the Bush/Cheney mis-managed administration, the ones who put the country into the mess Obama inherited.
When Obama took office he pleaded for all, Republicans, Democrats and Independents, to come together as one and work to eliminate that previous administrations mistakes and mis-management. Yet the Republicans from day one (unhappy that they got beaten up) have been extremely un-supportive and have done absolutely nothing since to support the president or submit any positive ideas to help this country. In fact they have gone out of their way to make life difficult for Obama and his administration instead of helping their constituents to a better way of life.

Old 11-02-2010, 05:45 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,729,135 times
Quote:
for thanksgiving, he'll be sending a turkey to every household in america. did bush ever do that? i don't think so
More like an "abortion in every pot".

Old 11-02-2010, 05:46 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Quote:
the man is up there trying to clean up BUSH'S mess while dubya is sitting in the stands watching his rangers lose. give a black president a break!!

OBAMA FOR 2012!
You lost credibility by mentioning race. And it only took your initial post.

Old 11-02-2010, 06:02 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,368,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
During the last election people wanted change from the Bush/Cheney mis-managed administration, the ones who put the country into the mess Obama inherited.
When Obama took office he pleaded for all, Republicans, Democrats and Independents, to come together as one and work to eliminate that previous administrations mistakes and mis-management. Yet the Republicans from day one (unhappy that they got beaten up) have been extremely un-supportive and have done absolutely nothing since to support the president or submit any positive ideas to help this country. In fact they have gone out of their way to make life difficult for Obama and his administration instead of helping their constituents to a better way of life.
Wrong. O snubbed the Republicans from the get go.

And since O got his personal agenda on track from the same get go.....what did he need any Republicans for any way?

Here's why - many in his OWN party had not been co-opted by the radical views brought on board by O.

O OWNED two branches of this countrie's three branches of government.

Republicans disagreed with his agendas, policies, spending, etc. (not in EVERY case, but many). You kick your opponents when they're down and when they get up, they aren't gonna be prepared to support or even like you.

He rolled the dice using Chicago style measures and now he's lost. He never learned that in all things keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

Old 11-02-2010, 07:49 AM

23,551 posts, read 17,227,205 times
Default Obama on waivers

Agreed, give a Obama a break!

The Reps drove the car into the ditch!

Obama took over and is driving that same car off the cliff.

Give Obama a break and take the steering wheel from his hands.

PO has demonstrated enough incompetence at this point in time to be benched and later trade for a player yet to be named.

He's been, "weighed, measured and found wanting".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies