Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 11:36 PM

24,404 posts, read 23,065,142 times

Advertisements

Obama just undid all the damage Bush did to the republicans. I'd say he does deserve at least a little praise and gratitude from republicans. Not from democrats, certainly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2010, 11:58 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Barnes View Post
I remember Obama pre-election and the few who chose to run in the face of what was to be a crisis of monumental proportion. How many really wanted to tarnish their wings or would have the courage to face almost certain disaster. I remember the reports of failure in the markets would lead to the faltering of the entire US Monetary and Market system. You sometimes can delay the inevitable but inevitably you cannot delay the inevitable. Whose up to bat when the last out is made? Who fumbles the ball with seconds to play when your on the 1 yard line? Who shanks the ball into the rough with one green to play in an important tournament? Running a country is not the same as performing individually or with a team there is a whole lot that can go wrong and not just as a result of one man's actions. So here is what I am trying to say. Thank you Mr. Obama and crew for hanging in there when the going got tough and though you may not seem to be appreciated I appreciated you and your teams efforts. This is from a registered Republican who saw the Republican picnic and really wouldn't care to see it again.
Do you suppose that Obama will come up with some really good stuff about bi-partisanship after the way he talked after his election and then shifted gears when the Republicans refused to give him the votes he thought he needed for all the really bad legislation they passed?

I think he has scheduled a news conference for 1:00 EDT tomorrow and can't wait to hear what he says trying to snow the newly elected managers of the House of Reps. I know it is going to be a pile of pelosi that we may not be able to see over.

Old 11-03-2010, 01:57 AM

3,875 posts, read 3,870,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Buettner View Post
You have GOT to be kidding !
Really !!! This thread's title would be better used in a Comedy or Fiction story.

Old 11-03-2010, 02:53 AM

19,208 posts, read 16,693,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.C View Post
He's the Man of Steal!

Good one!

Old 11-03-2010, 03:01 AM

19,208 posts, read 16,693,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Do you suppose that Obama will come up with some really good stuff about bi-partisanship after the way he talked after his election and then shifted gears when the Republicans refused to give him the votes he thought he needed for all the really bad legislation they passed?

I think he has scheduled a news conference for 1:00 EDT tomorrow and can't wait to hear what he says trying to snow the newly elected managers of the House of Reps. I know it is going to be a pile of pelosi that we may not be able to see over.

I haven't a doubt that he'll talk about working together, reaching across the aisle ... the same bull he talked about when he was campaigning. Arrogance isn't becoming but groveling might be enjoyable.

Old 11-03-2010, 08:33 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,530,889 times
Quote:
I remember Obama pre-election and the few who chose to run in the face of what was to be a crisis of monumental proportion. How many really wanted to tarnish their wings or would have the courage to face almost certain disaster. I remember the reports of failure in the markets would lead to the faltering of the entire US Monetary and Market system. You sometimes can delay the inevitable but inevitably you cannot delay the inevitable. Whose up to bat when the last out is made? Who fumbles the ball with seconds to play when your on the 1 yard line? Who shanks the ball into the rough with one green to play in an important tournament? Running a country is not the same as performing individually or with a team there is a whole lot that can go wrong and not just as a result of one man's actions. So here is what I am trying to say. Thank you Mr. Obama and crew for hanging in there when the going got tough and though you may not seem to be appreciated I appreciated you and your teams efforts. This is from a registered Republican who saw the Republican picnic and really wouldn't care to see it again.
Great thread!

Old 11-04-2010, 12:31 PM

3,566 posts, read 3,733,266 times
Quote:
I agree that Obama is a man of conviction. He is a committed statist, if not an outright Marxist. But a man of courage? I don't think so. What does it say about a man's courage when most of his recorded votes while he served in the Illinois legislature were "Present?"

Old 11-04-2010, 01:58 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,712,597 times
Supreme Lord Barry Hussein Nobama courageous? Ahh...............NO.
He DOES have convictions, that is ,what he is convinced is right is the only way, and that he could NEVER be wrong. The message just wasn't promulgated enough, and we uneducated, unwashed masses need to listen more closely to our betters, starting with Barry.
Why, he could NEVER be wrong; misunderstood perhaps, but never wrong.

Old 11-04-2010, 02:18 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,522,451 times
Quote:
Well everyone has an opinion

His Character and his Policies have dictated his fate
not even the 'MISGUIDED' liberals like being lied to

Right out of the gate Obama's first official act (on his very first day as President) was to sign an executive order to seal all documents relevant to his past! yep that took courage

The liberal mindset in this country is the biggest problem today. Not one person from the left has been able to discuss and debate the actual points that the moderates and conservatives have made about the actions and policies of the current administration. They can't because they know that Obama is the single worst president in the history of the country and his policies have failed and are actually making things worse. Unemployment is just one example. So all the left can do is start name calling, which is exactly what has happened.

This is why the left only gets a brief bit of power and then the country snaps back to reality and votes in a moderate or conservative and just plain common sense.

Barack Obama is setting a record-setting number of records during his first year in office.
Largest budget ever. Largest deficit ever. Largest number of broken promises ever. Most self-serving speeches ever. Largest number of agenda-setting failures ever. Fastest dive in popularity ever.

Wow! Talk about change.

Fresh from his inauguration celebrations, President Obama was flying high. After one of the nation's most inspiring political campaigns, the election of America's first black president had captured the hopes and dreams of millions. To his devout followers, it was inconceivable that a year later his administration would be gripped in self-imposed crisis.

Old 11-04-2010, 02:24 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,522,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Obama just undid all the damage Bush did to the republicans. I'd say he does deserve at least a little praise and gratitude from republicans. Not from democrats, certainly.
I'd agree

THANK GOD FOR OBAMA

1. He destroyed the Clinton Political Machine - Driving a stake thru the heart of Hillary’s Presidential aspirations - something that no Republican was ever able to do. Remember when a Hillary Presidency scared the daylights out of you!

2. He killed off the Kennedy Dynasty - No more Kennedys trolling Washington looking for booze and women wanting rides home. American women and Freedom are safer tonight!

3. He is destroying the Democratic Party before our eyes!
Dennis Moore had never lost a race - quit.
Evan Bayh had never lost a race - quit.
Byron Dorgan had never lost a race - quit.
Nancy Pelosi - soon to be GONE.

These are just a handful of the Democrats whose political careers Obama has destroyed! By the end of 2010, dozens more will be gone. In December of 2008, the Democrats were on the rise. In the last two election cycles, they had picked up 14 senate seats and 52 house seats. The press was touting the death of the Conservative Movement and the Republican Party.

In just one year, Obama put a stop to all of this gave the House, and almost the Senate, back to the Republicans.

4. He has completely exposed liberals and progressives for what they are. Every Generation seems to need to re-learn the lesson on why they should never actually put liberals in charge. He is bringing home the lesson very well. Liberals tax, borrow and spend.

5. Liberals won’t bring themselves to protect America. Liberals want to take over the economy. Liberals think they know what is best for everyone. Liberals aren’t happy till they are running YOUR life.

He has brought more Americans back to conservatism than anyone since Reagan. In one year, he has rejuvenated the Conservative movement and brought out to the streets millions of Freedom Loving Americans. Name me one other time in your life that you saw your friends and neighbors this interested in taking back America !

6. His amazing leadership has sparked the greatest period of sales of firearms and ammunition this country has seen. Law abiding citizens have rallied and have provided a “stimulus” to the sporting goods field while other industries have failed, faded or moved off-shore.

7. In all honesty, one year ago I was more afraid than I have been in my life. Not of the economy, but of the direction our country was going. I thought Americans had forgotten what this country was all about. My neighbors, friends and strangers proved to me that my lack of confidence of the Greatness and Wisdom of the American people was flat wrong.

8. When the American People woke up, no smooth talking teleprompter reader can fool them! Barack Obama woke up these Great Americans!

Again, I want to say,“Thank You Barack Obama!”

This is exactly the kind of hope and change we desperately needed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies