Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 09:28 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,199,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by myppugy View Post
I guess my response "Tea Party Response" is getting people to actually post somewhat detailed responses, which I welcome wholeheartedly,although I can't say they're completely thoughtful.

Unfortunately, I can't respond to each and every response or else I will be here all day. However, I find WJTWET's response that because we have a black president, that minorities are all now on equal footing, is very telling.
since we do have a minority as president , America elected him, to say minorities can not make it is this country is blatantly false when it has been proven a minority can make it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2010, 09:45 AM

37,950 posts, read 22,021,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myppugy View Post
Most republicans qualify with 5 out of the 6 criteria. If you meet all 6, congratulations.

1. You are rich and want to pay as little tax as possible
2. You feel like you are solely responsible for your wealth and economic standing and also think those born into poverty and illiterate families could also achieve the same if "they just worked hard enough" even though studies have shown, in America, that less than 0.1% are able to change their socio-economic class during their lifetimes
3. You think minorities have all the rights and opportunities they could ask for
3a. On the same note, you want "smaller government and less government intervention" and yet you still have to insist on bans on gay marriages that have absolutely nothing to do with you
4. You believe in the unalienable right of people to have guns even if it means having a murder rate 3X higher than the UK (BTW, have you seen the soccer hooligans there?)
5. You know that the US defense industry needs to be fed every few years so we must find some military conflict to occupy ourselves
6. You think because you go to church, you have moral superiority over anyone who doesn't.
6a. You want to ban abortion but also want less government aid for those young single mothers and also want tougher punishments on crime for those unwanted children who grow up illiterate in poor and sometimes violent households.
You spelled "mypuppet" wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies