Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 09:15 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,286,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
We'll see how much Hispanics love him when he's forced to give his opinion on immigration. Cubans are largely conservative, whereas Puerto Ricans for example are more liberal. I don't see him succeeding on the national stage, and I do admit racism and double standards has something to do with it :-(
His game obviously plays well in Florida. But if he's a Republican and he can't do well in places like Georgia, Alabama. North Carolina or Virginia then he isn't really a serious player for the Republican nomination for President. Also him being Cuban doesn't win him any votes with Mexicans, Puerto Ricans, Dominicans or Latinos of other nationalities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2010, 09:33 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,682,701 times
He is way to young and inexperienced to be thought of as presidental material really. lLooks good but others look better really.I really look for a governor to get the nod next time;but I don;t know who. Their are alot of governors way ahead of washongton i cutting budgets and bring balance.

Old 11-02-2010, 10:05 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,356,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Let Marco Rubio get some experience first and prove himself. Seriously, why does everyone want the newest shiniest coint every election to become President ASAP?

Remember what happened with the last junior Senator that quit his first term and became Presisdent, he's in the process of destroying the nation.

Let's watch Rubio for the entire six year term he's been elected and see how he votes, see how he conducts himself. We don't need another "American Idol" for President.
Spot on I do not like many {R}s but Rubio is on my short list but I want to see some track record before jumping on the POTUS bandwagon. Same with Christie.

Old 11-02-2010, 10:10 PM

914 posts, read 4,439,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
He is way to young and inexperienced to be thought of as presidental material really. lLooks good but others look better really.I really look for a governor to get the nod next time;but I don;t know who. Their are alot of governors way ahead of washongton i cutting budgets and bring balance.
This is true. Senators aren't typically presidential candidates to the extent that they were in 2008. That was weird.

I think it is sad when all the incumbents are so uninspiring that we automatically latch on to any promising new young thing.

Old 11-02-2010, 10:18 PM

1,162 posts, read 2,104,341 times
Rubio for President!!!!

Old 11-02-2010, 10:24 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,320,367 times
Ehh. I liked him better before he got all iffy and silent on public transit funding to please Republican voters. I'd also like to hear his opinions on gay rights, which he has been quite silent about.

Also, I doubt him being of Cuban origin is going to help him out with Hispanic votes. I'm not saying it will necessarily hurt his chances of wooing the demographic, but there are quite a few rifts between cubans and other hispanic groups.

Old 11-02-2010, 10:26 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,859,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
I do agree with you.
I guess I just got caught up in the moment, especially as seeing how Rubio currently comes across smarter, with better ideas and more of a uniter than our current president. Rubio could be president today and do such a better job than Obungle is doing.
He gave a good speech. Let's see if he is serious about remembering the tea party platform he ran on and staying true to the ideals for which he was elected, that's all I'm saying.

I'm hoping for the best with this crop of Republicans but its been too recent since we were stung and I place trust in no man or woman until they have proven themselves worthy of that trust. Guess that's the Missouri "show me" stubborn mule in me.

Old 11-02-2010, 10:37 PM

398 posts, read 727,577 times
Quote:
Marco Rubio....

In watching his acceptance speech tonight, he is an extremely smart guy, and he has none of the arrogance / attitude that Obama has. Rubio is self made, humble and grounded. Floridians fell in love with Rubio and seems the nation may as well. Obama could actually learn some lessons from Rubio's temperament.

Who else can see him as future president?
I want to piuck!

Old 11-02-2010, 11:30 PM

92 posts, read 189,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Let Marco Rubio get some experience first and prove himself. Seriously, why does everyone want the newest shiniest coint every election to become President ASAP?

Remember what happened with the last junior Senator that quit his first term and became President, he's in the process of destroying the nation.

Let's watch Rubio for the entire six year term he's been elected and see how he votes, see how he conducts himself. We don't need another "American Idol" for President.

I love, love, love Rubio, but I absolutely agree with you. On the other hand--as of this moment, he's the only person I can imagine winning in 2012. I do not "see" Gingrich, Romney, Huckabee, Palin---but there is time yet. We'll see.

Old 11-03-2010, 12:52 AM

379 posts, read 211,070 times
Quote:
Marco Rubio....

In watching his acceptance speech tonight, he is an extremely smart guy, and he has none of the arrogance / attitude that Obama has. Rubio is self made, humble and grounded. Floridians fell in love with Rubio and seems the nation may as well. Obama could actually learn some lessons from Rubio's temperament.

Who else can see him as future president?
Oh, please! "Self made." He's a well connected Cuban American politician from South Florida. Obama does not need to "learn" anything from that kid. LOL You're dreaming. Time to wake up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies