Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 06:11 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58robbo View Post
what a load of rubbish. in much the same way, it's high time the heavy taxation and regulations surrounding moonshiners are lifted. it all seems like the laws in both cases protect the big mexican cartels and the big distilling corporations. legalisation without regulation would be ideal and would impose a heavy toll on mexican cartels.
As I said, I agree with you, but, thats not the way the world works. Most people would want it regulated like liquor is. Federally licensed distilleries, that pay a federal tax just to produce it, then state taxes on top of it, and sold far far away from children.

I'd be happy to grow it myself in the back yard, but to get it legal, you've got to appease the large group of people who see Marijuana as bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2010, 07:27 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,729,623 times
I would have never thought I would see the day when California would vote down making pot legal.....

Jerry Garcia must be rolling in his grave

Old 11-03-2010, 08:00 AM

613 posts, read 960,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
The issue is that its not taxed, and its still in the hands and control of the Mexican cartels without it being legalized.
Exactly right. If Obama and the Fed's could have gotten a portion of CA's tax revenue's from the pot then neither would have said a word. But that's what Washington has always been and will always be about, money.

Old 11-03-2010, 08:03 AM

3,283 posts, read 5,207,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
I would have never thought I would see the day when California would vote down making pot legal.....

Jerry Garcia must be rolling in his grave

you're telling me! as a people we have a very distorted view of what freedom means and we never join the dots. 2nd ammendment types, generally opposed to ending prohibition, never consider that the same arguments made against drugs are the exact same arguments which will eventually see the repeal of the 2nd ammendment.

Old 11-03-2010, 08:34 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,282,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 58robbo View Post
As usual gop voters don't think about their vote! a yes on 19 would've unified both the left and the right behind the 10th ammendment and that would've given states a huge boost in opposing the healthcare bill!!!!

i personally can't contain my fury with republican voters for essentially shooting themselves in the foot and not forcing off a 10th ammendment showdown with the federal government. MORONS!!!!!!!!
So the Democratic candidates sweep the statewide offices but a statewide initiative that failed is all the Republican's fault?
Who's the moron?

Old 11-03-2010, 08:39 AM

20,458 posts, read 12,381,706 times
...remember to vote....

not exactly your average pothead is gonna do...

Old 11-03-2010, 09:00 AM

4,897 posts, read 8,318,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
I think pretty much every newspaper in the state along with the vast majority of politicians, both left and right, publicly opposed prop 19. Its a shame, but I think one day pot will be legal and the drug war fans will eventually have to face how stupid pot prohibition is and how damaging it has been to our society.
It's a shame prop 19 wasn't on the ballot in 2008 because with the record high youth vote then it would have sailed through. As it is the old dinosaurs dominated 2010 but their days controlling things are numbered and soon it will be legalized.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies