Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 12:27 PM

14,483 posts, read 11,280,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Look, you are free to twist, contort and spin all you like, but she said it, period.

Now I never said anything about her authoring any doctrine, so I have no clue as to what the heck you are even talking about. Again, here is the transcript, what part of this is not clear to you?

Yes, she did back track when she "thought" about it because the Deutsch, who is Jewish was offended, as I too would be if someone told me that I needed to be perfected. This is an issue I take with religion in a more broad scope is that here we can clearly see that Ann Coulter takes the position that they, Jewish people, need perfecting in order to be like her, perfected. It assumes the position of superiority based upon religious belief, and if you can't see that, I don't know what to tell you.
FYI: All religions believe that others and their adherents are not perfect. I agree that we should all keep it to ourselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2010, 12:30 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,616,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hornet67 View Post
I take it then, that YOU know what is right, being non-judgmental of course?
if there is one thing the post-moderns know...it's that nobody but them is right.

Old 11-04-2010, 12:32 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hornet67 View Post
I take it then, that YOU know what is right, being non-judgmental of course?
I don't presume to have a clue, but do not begrudge you the right to be equally clueless.

Old 11-04-2010, 12:33 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,616,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I don't presume to have a clue, but do not begrudge you the right to be equally clueless.
You were throwing around your opinion about everyone being wrong....except you, of course, who stated everyone else was wrong.

Old 11-04-2010, 12:35 PM

14,483 posts, read 11,280,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
The part where they are irreconcilably different because of one major theological belief that separates them more than any other and defines why each religion is what it is.

If you said, for example, that "Catholics are not very different from Baptists", you would be closer to the mark, even though they are still very different theologically, because their core belief is the same.
You win!

Old 11-04-2010, 12:37 PM

1,162 posts, read 2,107,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
I think many Jews (and I would count myself among them) feel the hairs on the back of our necks stand up when we hear about evangelical Christians getting elected. When the evangelicals talk about prayer in school, and "faith" based anything, we know it's not our faith they're talking about.

More people should feel threatened by those with a religious agenda...
I'm a Catholic but I have many evangelical friends and I can tell you that they are the Jews and Israel's biggest ally. You shouldn't believe all the liberal crap they feed you.

Old 11-04-2010, 02:37 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,477,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
What religion was it that flew planes into the towers?

When was the last time you saw a Christian do anything remotely close to that?

Old 11-04-2010, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
He once attended Sunday School for 2 straight weeks as a little boy...that MUST mean he was Christian...right?
"The National Government will regard it as its first and foremost duty to revive in the nation the spirit of unity and co-operation. It will preserve and defend those basic principles on which our nation has been built. It regards Christianity as the foundation of our national morality, and the family as the basis of national life."

--Hitler, 1 Feb 1933

Now, before you start quibbling, I realize that the above does not necessarily prove Hitler believed in the Christian doctrine--only in its usefulness. Unfortunately, you then have to ask, and answer, "usefulness for what?" Which leaves Christianity about as tarnished as it was to begin with.

Old 11-04-2010, 02:46 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,135,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amcjap View Post
I'm a Catholic but I have many evangelical friends and I can tell you that they are the Jews and Israel's biggest ally. You shouldn't believe all the liberal crap they feed you.
Right. They are such allies that they want us to go back to Israel, right? Get everything in place for rapture. If these are my friends, I'd hate to see my enemies.

Old 11-04-2010, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Where did you learn that Christians believe that non-believers are tortured for eternity?
The New Testament. Matt. 5:22, 8:12, 18:8-9, 22:13; Mark 9:43-49; Luke 16:23; Heb. 10:27; Rev. 14:11, 20:10
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies