Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2010, 11:02 PM

21 posts, read 24,140 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Just ftr - I'm IN Wa state also - any UE benefits are "week to week" as you put it...........

Learn to deal with uncertainty a little better - there are no guarantees in this life except that no-one gets out alive.

Please DO name any state that has had "no EUC" btw.

You're angry because you don't get to move to the next Tier, sorry about that, there's plenty of people in the same position as you (or worse can't even move onto Tier ONE) and THEY don't happen to be in states that HAVE EB without 100% federal funding.

Oh and WA isn't even in the top ten worst UE states either (as you stated)- for your edification - check the list on the right of the linked page - Local Area Unemployment Statistics Home Page

Perhaps it's you who needs to put your anger aside so you can read clearly?
I am angry for people taking my words of context. Editing to make me look as if I am complaining! Read my post and maybe you will understand. I am not going to spell this out any further.

As for being angry in general over uncertainty, not at all! lol, I get mad for people taking words I say out of context and people like you reading them and agreeing with the person that took my words out of context! get it?

As for being angry for not moving to the next tier, I am a bit angry, but moreover dissapointed. I thought America was about everyone being treated equally. Once again, I must spell this out, again, because ignorance doesn't reflect back to original posts. I think people should be cut off at week 99 and then EB if necessary. I think all should be allowed to go to week 99 if necessary and then EB if necessary! Clear enough for you? That to me is equality and what America stands for. Not cutting people off that were recently unemployed and cannot find work still. It is the worst case scenario possible to be cut off the same week EUC ends because it's the week my tier 2 ends! It is the worst case scenario to be cut off from unemployment prematurely in the month of December! Get it? Clear enough for you?

Thx for the DOL link informative. Answer me this genius, If WA is only one of ten states continuing on with EB what ,akes it better off than the other 42 states that are not getting it? DO YOU WANT TO KNOW WHY? I would suggest thinking and looking outside the box and doing further research. There is a reason WA is only one of ten states getting EB still, the answer is simple and would take you forever to figure out with your DOL link, unless your really fast at math or creating an algorithm.

Last edited by Matt V.; 12-01-2010 at 11:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2010, 11:06 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,442,992 times
Regardless, I still think it will pass.

Old 12-01-2010, 11:12 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,821,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt V. View Post
I am angry for people taking my words of context. Editing to make me look as if I am complaining! Read my post and maybe you will understand. I am not going to spell this out any further.

As for being angry in general over uncertainty, not at all! lol, I get mad for people taking words I say out of context and people like you reading them and agreeing with the person that took my words out of context! get it?

As for being angry for not moving to the next tier, I am a bit angry, but moreover dissapointed. I thought America was about everyone being treated equally. Once again, I must spell this out, again, because ignorance doesn't reflect back to original posts. I think people should be cut off at week 99 and then EB if necessary. I think all should be allowed to go to week 99 if necessary and then EB if necessary! Clear enough for you? That to me is equality and what America stands for. Not cutting people off that were recently unemployed and cannot find work still. It is the worst case scenario possible to be cut off the same week EUC ends because it's the week my tier 2 ends! It is the worst case scenario to be cut off from unemployment prematurely in the month of December! Get it? Clear enough for you?

If you live in WA then you know our state is in the top ten worst states because we do have EB for now. I think you need to look outside the box, research further, and don't believe everything you see. The link you sent is the most recent numbers with no comparisons or statistics. send me something good or quit wasting my time.

I did mispeak about the EUC and some states not getting it. I just meant EB.
fwiw - I DID read your original posts, and every other post you've made.

Did you even READ the state list on that page I linked? The list is the OFFICIAL bls state UE rates for Oct 2010. How much more info do you WANT? Wa is not even IN the top ten worst affected states by UE rate. Wa has EB because like the other states that have EB it's legislated within the state that as long as the UE rate is over 6.5% for 3 months EB will be paid.

Whether a state has EB whether federally funded or not has nothing to do with how BAD their UE rate is. If that was the case the WORST states UE rate wise (TUR in this case) would all be still paying EB.

The company I was laid off from wasn't in the construction industry per se, but were suppliers to the industry, so I think I know a little of how badly the downturn in construction has affected this state.

Obviously nothing I or anyone else says is going to convince you that yours is NOT the worst case scenario. So go ahead and wallow - I'm done with it.

Old 12-01-2010, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
No you haven't. The employer pays for the unemployment insurance through a tax. The employee pays none of it. If you think you do, you should be able to find it listed on your pay stub. So I'd suggest you examine that.
Consider it the Social Security Tax, I will never get because of the new legislation trying to cut it 35% and raise the retirement age to 69, Or the federal Tax money that they get for a whole year before returning some of it at the middle of the next. lol, Its not hard to figure out that ultimately we are paying for it. There are ways companies offset this tax to make themselves the most money and it usually comes in the form of less benefits lower wage or no wage increase, less perks such as parties, company functions, and such. Yea we don't pay for it alright. Just like car companies pay for the shipping costs to their lots and the buyer doesn't. lol Outside the box!

Old 12-01-2010, 11:38 PM

Quote:

Did you even READ the state list on that page I linked? The list is the OFFICIAL bls state UE rates for Oct 2010. How much more info do you WANT? Wa is not even IN the top ten worst affected states by UE rate. Wa has EB because like the other states that have EB it's legislated within the state that as long as the UE rate is over 6.5% for 3 months EB will be paid.

Whether a state has EB whether federally funded or not has nothing to do with how BAD their UE rate is. If that was the case the WORST states UE rate wise (TUR in this case) would all be still paying EB.

The company I was laid off from wasn't in the construction industry per se, but were suppliers to the industry, so I think I know a little of how badly the downturn in construction has affected this state.

Obviously nothing I or anyone else says is going to convince you that yours is NOT the worst case scenario. So go ahead and wallow - I'm done with it.
Now temper temper, I am not wallowing simply stating I have the worst case scenario possible! It is very easy to understand! I am not saying I am alone either! I am saying that my situation and everyone else in the same situation has the worst case scenario! It's simple to understand! But if you want to try and complicate simplicity like a politician would then by all means that is your right! LOL Just very funny that you and that other girl think the way you do. That DOL site shows Current unemployment rates as people are collecting them. How many people are already cut off of unemployment in WA compared to other states? Then take those figures and average the employment rates of every state fot the last 10 year. Then figure the since June of 2008 when the original EUC was enacted. Tell me what you come up with with your site on all 52 states and how WA isn't one of the ten worst and that is why we are still getting EB. Which btw I dont believe you are from there. I get a lot of my info from the WA state unemployment office.

Old 12-01-2010, 11:43 PM

180 posts, read 391,341 times
Well the facts are this....WE HAVE NO LEADERSHIP AT ALL. None from the Democrats and none from the Republicans and definitely not from our President. Regardless of whose fualt it is, we are in the WORST recession in history. The Politicians are playing political games while filling their fat pockets with our tax money, and we, the people, sit here bickering within ourselves rather doing the right thing which is uniting as a country and helping each other. This entire country is so blasted brainwashed it's insane.

Think of the consequences in February when at LEAST 15 million people will be without an income and out on the streets (and that's just an estimate on the low end). Not just the unemployed but their spouses and their children. Has anyone even considered this? The crime rate is going to skyrocket to numbers we have never seen, $300.00 homes will be ramsacked by what used to be law abiding citizens. Why you ask? So they can feed their children, that's why. Store windows wil be broken with the offenders waiting for the police to show up just so they can have a roof over their heads for a few nights and a warm meal. THESE ARE THE REAL ISSUES. I'm ashamed of the US citizens, their attitude and lack of foresight. Something needs to be done and it needs to be done right now!!!!!!

Ok, I'll get off my soapbox now
Gabriel

Old 12-01-2010, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel.S View Post
Well the facts are this....WE HAVE NO LEADERSHIP AT ALL. None from the Democrats and none from the Republicans and definitely not from our President. Regardless of whose fualt it is, we are in the WORST recession in history. The Politicians are playing political games while filling their fat pockets with our tax money, and we, the people, sit here bickering within ourselves rather doing the right thing which is uniting as a country and helping each other. This entire country is so blasted brainwashed it's insane.

Think of the consequences in February when at LEAST 15 million people will be without an income and out on the streets (and that's just an estimate on the low end). Not just the unemployed but their spouses and their children. Has anyone even considered this? The crime rate is going to skyrocket to numbers we have never seen, $300.00 homes will be ramsacked by what used to be law abiding citizens. Why you ask? So they can feed their children, that's why. Store windows wil be broken with the offenders waiting for the police to show up just so they can have a roof over their heads for a few nights and a warm meal. THESE ARE THE REAL ISSUES. I'm ashamed of the US citizens, their attitude and lack of foresight. Something needs to be done and it needs to be done right now!!!!!!

Ok, I'll get off my soapbox now
Gabriel
Nice One, Well Said! Good night all till next time. No hard feelings to any.

Old 12-02-2010, 12:07 AM

2,511 posts, read 6,281,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Unions caused this. The price of labor is way too high when unionized. Overseas it is much cheaper. Why do you think we have been priced out of the labor market? Why did manufacturing go overseas?
This reply of yours was in response to the outsourcing/bringing in H1B workers from India to replace American programmers and IT workers. Very few people in those fields are unionized. This outsourcing has nothing to do with unions. In some sectors, yes. But not this one.

The problem is simply that many companies don't think they should have to pay any taxes or pay anyone other than the CEO.

Furthermore, American business has a mentality of a double-standard. They think it is fair to move manufacturing overseas, screaming "free-market,' but they aren't very cool with the idea of American consumers buying products directly from overseas unless they are making money from it. The pharmaceutical companies, tire companies and cell phone manufacturers are just three that I know of who play this game.

Old 12-02-2010, 12:33 AM

6,612 posts, read 12,821,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt V. View Post
Now temper temper, I am not wallowing simply stating I have the worst case scenario possible! It is very easy to understand! I am not saying I am alone either! I am saying that my situation and everyone else in the same situation has the worst case scenario! It's simple to understand! But if you want to try and complicate simplicity like a politician would then by all means that is your right! LOL Just very funny that you and that other girl think the way you do. That DOL site shows Current unemployment rates as people are collecting them. How many people are already cut off of unemployment in WA compared to other states? Then take those figures and average the employment rates of every state fot the last 10 year. Then figure the since June of 2008 when the original EUC was enacted. Tell me what you come up with with your site on all 52 states and how WA isn't one of the ten worst and that is why we are still getting EB. Which btw I dont believe you are from there. I get a lot of my info from the WA state unemployment office.
Of course not, that's why my location is what it is

Old 12-02-2010, 12:40 AM

1,252 posts, read 3,480,423 times
Quote:

I read them all too, Opyelie. You really tried. I was going to but I decided to bang my head on the wall instead. So much faster.

If someone wants to think that a person who receives 26 weeks regular Benefits + 20 weeks EUC Tier I Benefits + 20 weeks Extended Benefits is worse off than
all those unemployed after 5/29/10 who receive 26 weeks regular Benefits + NO COBRA Subsidy + NO FAC Payments + NO EUC Tier I Benefits and may not even get Extended Benefits (40 States don't pay EB).

...then that's exactly what they are going to think. I just double-checked and in fact 66 weeks is more weeks than 26 weeks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies