Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2010, 12:33 AM

180 posts, read 391,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by diorgirl View Post
LOL! Of course, you would go on the offensive when yet another mistake is flagged in your posts!

BTW, it doesn't take much searching to find your "typos" -- your hyperbole highlights them quite nicely.

And if you are so offended by my posts and find them of so little value, simply put me on your "ignore list."
I think she likes me .....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2010, 06:20 AM

613 posts, read 960,711 times
I did some research just to see when economist thinks our unemployment rate would be normal again.

"Worse still, the labor market problems we see right now will be with us for some time. The massive employment hole left by the Great Recession will take years to fill. If we added 218,000 private-sector jobs each month from now on—the highest monthly payroll increase seen so far this year in the private sector—it would still take almost five years to fill the hole. That’s why ensuring that unemployment insurance reaches the unemployed remains a critical component of any serious effort to help stem the harmful effects of this recession and to help the American economy recover".

http://www.americanprogress.org/issu...xtensions.html

I know this article is from July but things have not improved that much. They have to extend the benefits.

Old 12-03-2010, 06:37 AM
C.C

2,235 posts, read 2,362,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckDriver33 View Post
I did some research just to see when economist thinks our unemployment rate would be normal again.

"Worse still, the labor market problems we see right now will be with us for some time. The massive employment hole left by the Great Recession will take years to fill. If we added 218,000 private-sector jobs each month from now on—the highest monthly payroll increase seen so far this year in the private sector—it would still take almost five years to fill the hole. That’s why ensuring that unemployment insurance reaches the unemployed remains a critical component of any serious effort to help stem the harmful effects of this recession and to help the American economy recover".

Today’s Unemployment Crisis by the Numbers

I know this article is from July but things have not improved that much. They have to extend the benefits.
Nov numbers just came out at +39K - surprisingly weak; rate up to 9.8%...

Employment Situation Summary

Old 12-03-2010, 10:12 AM

2,794 posts, read 3,677,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodywantsme View Post
It seems logical to me that "Unemployment" and "Politics and Controversies"
are linked...One usually involves the other at least to some degree
Would you mind explaining that to JMT.

Old 12-03-2010, 10:41 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
only 59?

age discrimination probably kicks in at least 15 years before that..

Again, he's worked at the same company for over 30 years. So trying to get back out there at his age isn't easy

Old 12-03-2010, 12:35 PM

180 posts, read 391,675 times
According to MSNBC, CNN and other various news media, "There is a vote scheduled for tomorrow -- Saturday, December 4 -- in the U.S. Senate. Senator Max Baucus (D-MT) will bring up for a vote both a full-year renewal of federal unemployment benefit programs and an extension of tax relief only for low- and middle-income earners"

Gabriel

Old 12-03-2010, 12:36 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,750,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azoria View Post
I don't think they will.

What will several million 99'ers do when their extended extended unemployment benefits cease all at once?

It's going to be ugly.
Given today's unemployment report I think they will.

Old 12-03-2010, 12:37 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,753,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel.S View Post
According to MSNBC, CNN and other various news media, "There is a vote scheduled for tomorrow -- Saturday, December 4 -- in the U.S. Senate. Senator Max Baucus (D-MT) will bring up for a vote both a full-year renewal of federal unemployment benefit programs and an extension of tax relief only for low- and middle-income earners"

Gabriel
Baucus was shot down a few days ago with this bill . Unless something new came up.

Old 12-03-2010, 12:53 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,480,794 times
simple answer...find a job

there are 100's of thousands of jobs out there

stop extending something that should have stopped at 13 WEEKS

if you cant find a job in 2 years..there is something wrong with your resume'

Old 12-03-2010, 12:59 PM

304 posts, read 745,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel.S View Post

Gabriel
would this bill include those currently on EB benefits in states that are cutting off EB now due to an end of federal funding? I am in FL and the feds are paying 50% of EB here so FL is ending EB tomorrow. If the above measure is passed would that reinstate the rest of EB for states like FL? Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies