Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2010, 06:39 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,304,477 times

Advertisements

No one has answered the question.

Why is the CURRENT congress not taking care of this themselves?

Or are they still working on food programs instead of jobs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2010, 06:59 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,839,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post

Neither, they're hard at work trying to push through the Dream Act.............

Old 12-03-2010, 07:32 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,864,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
what will they do.....maybe GET A JOB

jobs are there...just have to actually WANT it
Where are these jobs you are talking about? The people I have seen that have lost their unemployment benefits have NOT FOUND JOBS. I drive by them everyday when I go out looking for work. They are on the streets begging for cash. I have seen at least two digging through the trash looking for food or something to sell. This is SO SAD to see in a country as great as ours. A single person doesn't qualify for welfare.

If the government can't or won't help the unemployed someone needs to help them. Unfortunately, many Americans have ZERO compassion for the unemployed. We would rather send our money overseas or spend on cheap, Chinese made, CRAP. I would urge everyone to give to charity, church, or any organization out there that helps the unemployed.

Many think the unemployed are lazy and should get any job. Well, heck I would take any job. I even applied at Starbucks, Best Buy, Macy's, Kohls, JcPenney, just to name a few. I got rejected because of the "overwhelming number of applicants." Now, I think I am going to try to get on the show, "The Fairy Jobmother."

Oh, and I even had my resume redone professionally by a professional career counselor, enrolled in classes at my local community college, worked on self-study courses, and even worked as a free tutor. Yet, according to the majority of Americans and even some in my own family, I am lazy because I can't seem to find a job.

Old 12-03-2010, 07:35 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,864,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Yes, and then we will have more workers competing for not enough jobs available. Do the morons in Washington even have a clue what the job market is like? Now, they want to inject millions of cheap, foreign workers into an already suffering job market.

Old 12-03-2010, 08:05 PM

304 posts, read 745,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post

boo hiss...

Old 12-03-2010, 11:20 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post

They are making sure that commercials are not louder than the TV show.
The CALM Act.

Old 12-03-2010, 11:27 PM

I have noticed something about this in the MSM.

Normally the MSM is PC correct with "Holiday".
But they are all now saying "Christmas" when referring to when people are losing their benefits.

Jobless benefits slated to end for many on Christmas Day - The Boston Globe
Unemployment benefits set to expire in advance of Christmas

Old 12-03-2010, 11:33 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,464,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I have noticed something about this in the MSM.

Normally the MSM is PC correct with "Holiday".
But they are all now saying "Christmas" when referring to when people are losing their benefits.

Jobless benefits slated to end for many on Christmas Day - The Boston Globe
Unemployment benefits set to expire in advance of Christmas

Eh...

Holidays about survival as jobless benefits end | Chattanooga Times Free Press

As jobless benefits end for 2 million, holiday focus turns from celebrating to surviving - OrlandoSentinel.com

Old 12-03-2010, 11:36 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,464,213 times
I will add, that aside from ignoring that UE benefits actually stimulate an economy, when they go bye bye you're going to have more foreclosures, and people seeking government assistance. It's will have the opposite affect and end up being more expensive in the long run.

Old 12-03-2010, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
I will add, that aside from ignoring that UE benefits actually stimulate an economy, when they go bye bye you're going to have more foreclosures, and people seeking government assistance. It's will have the opposite affect and end up being more expensive in the long run.

It's a lose/lose SLCPUNK. More new people are entering the rolls.
This recession ended June 2009 or so the government says.

I would rather see money cut from Iraq, Afghanistan and another other country getting billions in handouts from us and take care of our own first.

Forget those naked scanners at $600K a pop and $600K per year.
Now they are being put in Greyhound Bus stations so people can ride buses without the fear of the bus blowing up.

Look where the money is going and where it's getting cut..
The cuts are happening in medicare, unemployment, potentially SS and higher taxes. WE are the ones at the end of the line for use of OUR money that we handed over to the government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies