Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 05:53 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,582,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
CLEARLY, he does not get it;

President Barack Obama On 60 Minutes Acknowledges He's Failed To Deliver His Message CBS New York – News, Sports, Weather, Traffic and the Best of NY

Yeah, the voters are just too stupid to understand what you've done. Your message just wasn't getting out.

You only gave 57 speeches on obamacare.

Let him continue to deny the message that was sent - it will only **** off more people in the coming months.
Even the Italians in Italy get it.

We get a RAI (an Italian TV station) via our cable TV and in the news were commenting on our elections and were saying about Obama's agenda and that the people voted against his policies in this election and that we "beat him up".

Old 11-05-2010, 05:54 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Most Americans voted out the Ds because they didn't like what they have been led to believe are bad policies. They did not vote the Rs in because they agree with or trust the Rs. They were just the only alternative.

//www.city-data.com/forum/elect...take-long.html cites this: Poll: Majority Thinks GOP Will Disappoint By 2012 (http://cbs4.com/local/gop.disappointment.2012.2.1994800.html - broken link)
Thats because they distrust government.. Regardless of political affiliation..

Will they disappoint, probably, but I doubt anywhere near as bad as Obama has for the left..

Old 11-08-2010, 06:54 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
After his embarrassing interview with 60 Minutes, we can conclude he DID NOT get it, or more likely he refuses to admit the obvious. This election was all about him and his ruinous agenda and legislation he shoved down our throats.

RealClearPolitics - A President Who Simply Doesn't Get It

Quote:
Democrats who didn't drown in the Republican wave had to be dismayed by the news conference President Barack Obama held Wednesday before jetting off to India.

Particularly unhappy, I suspect, are the 12 Democrats in the Senate from states that voted Republican Tuesday who are up for re-election in 2012.

"He still just cannot admit that his radical policies and their effects on the economy are the cause of his devastating political rebuke," wrote the historian Victor Davis Hanson.
Talk about unreasonable stubborness.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...110507653.html

Quote:
For the second time in 24 months, Barack Obama has been at the epicenter of a historic election, this time with voters reconsidering the first one.

On Oct. 1, Nancy Pelosi, referring to Republicans, said, "I would rather be where we are than where they are." Now she is where they were - in the minority in the House.
The leadership is in deep denial, but the members understand what the problem was and IS.

Old 11-08-2010, 07:10 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,530,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
After his embarrassing interview with 60 Minutes, we can conclude he DID NOT get it, or more likely he refuses to admit the obvious. This election was all about him and his ruinous agenda and legislation he shoved down our throats.

RealClearPolitics - A President Who Simply Doesn't Get It

Talk about unreasonable stubborness.

Democrats in denial

The leadership is in deep denial, but the members understand what the problem was and IS.

No, he doesn't get it. His only plan seems to be to basically surrender in the name of bi-partisanship. The GOP isn't going to play that game as they have him on the ropes. All that's needed is a two-year long pummeling to administer the knock out blow in 2012.

In the meantime, though, the nation will suffer but who the hell cares about that?

ps: I will disagree with you on one point, though. The election was about him, and him alone. It had little to do with his policies. I personally know several people who would not support him if he were Jesus Christ himself and have found a few here on these boards who have said the same thing.

That two year long bombardment of vicious, hate-filled, lying Obama e-mails which have flooded our in-boxes weren't about his policies: they were about him and it was deliberately done.

Old 11-08-2010, 07:14 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
OK let’s give up on any government sponsored health care or insurance requirement and go back to allowing the private insurance industry decide who they are going to cover, what treatments they will pay for and how much they will charge. I am certain they will not consider their executive’s bonuses and corporate profits when making these decisions. After all, if you listen to their advertizing, the customer is their first consideration.

Indeed President Obama did not “get it” when he failed to realize the Congress, totally controlled by corporate interests, would be unable to actually deliver a Health Care Bill that was worth having. The sections of the current law that restrict insurance company’s ability to refuse or restrict payments are the decent parts of the bill. The part requiring everyone to have private insurance is the absurd part. Obama should have presented a complete universal government operated health insurance plan to Congress the first week he was in office and then encouraged Congress (you want any more federal spending in your district?) to pass the legislation as soon as possible.

I believe the American people would be better served by a government owned and operated health insurance system that operated on a at cost (just replacing multimillion dollar executive bonuses with civil servants would save billions in overall costs) basis and did not yield to demands by big Pharma and huge hospitals for monopoly profits.

Old 11-08-2010, 07:14 AM

465 posts, read 463,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
I watched the President's news conference today and a reporter asked him if he thought the election was a repudiation of his policies. She also noted that some American's want to know if he "gets it?"

His response was, to paraphrase, that he believes he didn't do a good enough job of explaining what he's being doing.

That set me to wondering.

Does he really not get that his policies are un-popular, or is it really that he hasn't done a good enough job of selling them?

Let me ask this:

Do we need health care reform?
Or, just not THIS health care reform?

Do we need new banking regulations?
Or, just not THESE new banking regulations?

Do we need new enviornmental regulations?
Or, just not cap and trade?

Do we need a jobs creation program?
Or, just not his stimulus plan.

I'd make this a poll, but I don't know how.
He doesn't need to "get" anything.

He is just a shill and a figurehead. His will isn't too important. It's the billionares who pull the strings.

The sooner ou learn this fact about politics. The sooner you'll understand how it works.

Also the vote results were all rigged in this election, as usual.

Don't believe what the TV tells you. What you see on the surface of politics is pure illusion.

Old 11-08-2010, 07:37 AM

Don't worry "he'll eventually get it" in November 2012.

No more BS.

No more lavish PLEASURE vacations and golf outings on the taxpayers dime.

No more radical agenda(s).

No more and and and and so on.

Old 11-08-2010, 07:42 AM

If Obama is not reelected in 2012 and some right wing Christer is, I will start writing my book - the Decline and Fall of the American Republic. Actually I have already started the outline.

Old 11-08-2010, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
If Obama is not reelected in 2012 and some right wing Christer is, I will start writing my book - the Decline and Fall of the American Republic. Actually I have already started the outline.
How I see it is that no matter who's the POTUS not everyone will approve.

Old 11-08-2010, 07:53 AM

Why should I approve of policies or a president that will bring harm to me and my family?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies