Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 04:09 PM

8,276 posts, read 11,878,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I would have to guess from what you say here that you think that get even politics is the only way to do things. That is what Dirty and Nasty were shooting at. Well now maybe it is time for some more of that kind of politics and you won't like it. Not one Republican was involved in writing that Health Insurance program. They wouldn't have stood still for all the good deals the unions came out of that one with.

The Stimulus abortion was written largely in the offices of the Apollo Alliance and shipped down to the Congress where so few Republicans were willing to vote for it since they weren't given any time to read the thing. The leadership of the Dem Party along with TheWon managed to convince their people that it must be passed. What have we got from that thing unless you were one of the earmark recipients?

I guess people like you are about to convince me that "get even" politics is where it is at and it is time to see which House is making all the money bills. Did you know that they have to originate in the House?
I don't have to convince you that "get even" politics is where it's at; you're already convinced, and that's why the GOP will try to play the same games that they played during the Bush years---namely, that Dems don't exist, and they are to be ignored. Only one difference--the Dem is in the White House now, and it won't be so easy..

You started with the tenor of trying to offer solutions, but then your true colors came out, with the "nasty" and the "dirty" nonsense, so why should I take your obvious phony sincerity with any seriousness? You have no solutions--you just want to throw gasoline on the fire...

Old 11-04-2010, 04:20 PM

62 posts, read 47,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy View Post
Why should the Repubs go AGAINST what most Americans voted them the majority in the house for?

Compromising with Obama would on the most part go against what most of the American people want.
Repeal? Most Americans think health reform did not go far enough, poll finds | Raw Story

"A new AP poll finds that Americans who think the law should have done more outnumber those who think the government should stay out of health care by 2-to-1".

Healthcare reform seems to be in the top 5 priorities for the Repub's and the want to repeal it. They want the American people to think they they themselves disapprove of it when thats not really true. Be careful of what you believe when it comes to politicians and what they state. I believed it til I did a little research.

Old 11-04-2010, 04:26 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,493,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I would have to guess from what you say here that you think that get even politics is the only way to do things. That is what Dirty and Nasty were shooting at. Well now maybe it is time for some more of that kind of politics and you won't like it. Not one Republican was involved in writing that Health Insurance program. They wouldn't have stood still for all the good deals the unions came out of that one with.

The Stimulus abortion was written largely in the offices of the Apollo Alliance and shipped down to the Congress where so few Republicans were willing to vote for it since they weren't given any time to read the thing. The leadership of the Dem Party along with TheWon managed to convince their people that it must be passed. What have we got from that thing unless you were one of the earmark recipients?

I guess people like you are about to convince me that "get even" politics is where it is at and it is time to see which House is making all the money bills. Did you know that they have to originate in the House?

That sounds EXACTLY how the Patriot Act was passed by the Republican Congress. Remember?

Old 11-04-2010, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee021362 View Post
Repeal? Most Americans think health reform did not go far enough, poll finds | Raw Story

"A new AP poll finds that Americans who think the law should have done more outnumber those who think the government should stay out of health care by 2-to-1".

Healthcare reform seems to be in the top 5 priorities for the Repub's and the want to repeal it. They want the American people to think they they themselves disapprove of it when thats not really true. Be careful of what you believe when it comes to politicians and what they state. I believed it til I did a little research.

The GOP has no interest in repealing or even de-funding the health care reform act. Their campaign blathering about that was as sincere as their going on about abortion. Remember what they did about that while in control of both Houses of Congress and the White House? Absolutely nothing. Zero. Nada. But, it rallies the gullible when they talk about it.

But, they DO have an interest in passing a bevy of bills supposedly aimed at revoking the health care act because they know the Democrats will shoot it down in the Senate or, in the unlikely event that they should pass it too, Obama will veto it.

The objective isn't to do anything about health care reform, but to paint the Democrats as the same kind of extremist's they've been painting them as for the past two years. Their objective isn't to do anything substantial, but to do just what Mitch McConnell said today: Make sure Obama is a one-term President. That's their only focus and the only thing they'll do for the next two years is position themselves for 2012.

They're counting on people having short memories and not remembering all this come next election.

In other words, they're counting on their supporters to be suckers again in 2012. Will it work?

Old 11-04-2010, 04:38 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,017,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
That's really funny.

The message from Mitch McConnell; No Compromise

The message from John Boehner: No Compromise

The message for Eric Cantor: No Compromise

The Republican Party 2010 edition: No Compromise
I like them even better now.

Thanks for the quotes!

Old 11-04-2010, 04:41 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,017,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee021362 View Post
I think Obama thinks Americans hate him. I read about the birth certificate radicals and other things about him. I really think Obama thinks we like his policies but hate him personally which is just the opposite:

Majority of Americans Like Obama Personally But Not His Policies, Poll Finds - FoxNews.com
Really? I don't like him at all. I don't think that he is a good person.

And his policies! They're left of Stalin.

Old 11-04-2010, 04:55 PM

9,316 posts, read 16,624,483 times
Obama is an arrogant, egotistical man who continues to say the American people want healthcare, even with polls showing the opposite. I believe he believes himself a King, with Lady Pelosi as his Queen. Both with their own agendas and oblivious to the American people's needs.

Old 11-04-2010, 05:36 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,991,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
I watched the President's news conference today and a reporter asked him if he thought the election was a repudiation of his policies. She also noted that some American's want to know if he "gets it?"

His response was, to paraphrase, that he believes he didn't do a good enough job of explaining what he's being doing.

That set me to wondering.

Does he really not get that his policies are un-popular, or is it really that he hasn't done a good enough job of selling them?

Let me ask this:

Do we need health care reform?
Or, just not THIS health care reform?

Do we need new banking regulations?
Or, just not THESE new banking regulations?

Do we need new enviornmental regulations?
Or, just not cap and trade?

Do we need a jobs creation program?
Or, just not his stimulus plan.

I'd make this a poll, but I don't know how.
stillkit !!! ... Precisely !

The majority of the American People absolutely "DO NOT" want any part whatsoever of HO's autocracy and it's "Imperial decrees" !

A prime example is the Health Care Bill ... in which it appeared that over 90% of the "DINO's" didn't even know what was in the Bill and yet they voted for it regardless !

Old Nancy even remarked that ... It could be read to see what was in it later ... the important thing was to pass the Bill even if no one had read and understood the contents !
Such Incredible Arrogance as this will never be accepted by the American People who love this great nation !!!

The sooner these "Mental Midgets" ( DINO's) are voted out of public office the better ! Thank goodness for the "Taxed Enough Already Organization" and their great efforts to field candidates who will represent the people and work to restore "American Pride & Power" for the long term !

It's a good bet that the current WH Crew will never "GET IT" or even acknowledge that the vast majority of American's don't approve of the miserable job they are doing !

Thanks Y'all / Old Sgt. Lamar

Old 11-04-2010, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Funk View Post
stillkit !!! ... Precisely !

The majority of the American People absolutely "DO NOT" want any part whatsoever of HO's autocracy and it's "Imperial decrees" !

A prime example is the Health Care Bill ... in which it appeared that over 90% of the "DINO's" didn't even know what was in the Bill and yet they voted for it regardless !

Old Nancy even remarked that ... It could be read to see what was in it later ... the important thing was to pass the Bill even if no one had read and understood the contents !
Such Incredible Arrogance as this will never be accepted by the American People who love this great nation !!!

The sooner these "Mental Midgets" ( DINO's) are voted out of public office the better ! Thank goodness for the "Taxed Enough Already Organization" and their great efforts to field candidates who will represent the people and work to restore "American Pride & Power" for the long term !

It's a good bet that the current WH Crew will never "GET IT" or even acknowledge that the vast majority of American's don't approve of the miserable job they are doing !

Thanks Y'all / Old Sgt. Lamar

Just out of curiosity, do you know how many Republican's had read the Patriot Act before it was rammed through in the middle of the night without any debate at all?

Or...is that different?

Old 11-04-2010, 06:06 PM

62 posts, read 47,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
The GOP has no interest in repealing or even de-funding the health care reform act. Their campaign blathering about that was as sincere as their going on about abortion. Remember what they did about that while in control of both Houses of Congress and the White House? Absolutely nothing. Zero. Nada. But, it rallies the gullible when they talk about it.

But, they DO have an interest in passing a bevy of bills supposedly aimed at revoking the health care act because they know the Democrats will shoot it down in the Senate or, in the unlikely event that they should pass it too, Obama will veto it.

The objective isn't to do anything about health care reform, but to paint the Democrats as the same kind of extremist's they've been painting them as for the past two years. Their objective isn't to do anything substantial, but to do just what Mitch McConnell said today: Make sure Obama is a one-term President. That's their only focus and the only thing they'll do for the next two years is position themselves for 2012.

They're counting on people having short memories and not remembering all this come next election.

In other words, they're counting on their supporters to be suckers again in 2012. Will it work?
I just watched John King of CNN interview Mitch McConnell who stated that yes that would like to repeal it but know that Obama would veto it. He said he would like to take portions of the old law (pre-existing conditions, college kids til their 26) and others parts of the current bill but start completely over on healthcare reform. So we'll see if the same hold true, they get elected then have broken promises.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.